Inverness v St Mirren 31/03/2018(Maybe)

Ronnie

32 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

We#'ve have tried this too often and like the Morton Game it did not work out this time - it did in other games though

If you are winning 2-0 and in charge, I can't understand why you would change it.

We weren’t at our best today but at 2-0 up had done enough for all three points. Jack inexplicably yanks Cammy and goes with 5 at the back, inviting them into us and, not for the first time this season, we couldn’t deal with the simple long ball.
Still, we’re the best team in this league by a mile and will be celebrating the title in a week or so.
#COYS

5 hours ago, zico said:

If you are winning 2-0 and in charge, I can't understand why you would change it.

Because you think you will win the game ?  Jack Ross is human mistakes will be made. More Importantly did we lose? No will we win the league?  Yes by a mile. Jack Ross has the nation of Scotland sitting up looking on in admiration rightly. Have said over and over , over , over again we will the title at Dundee United its a repeat of Alex Ferguson wining the title against Dundee up there mid-week. Enjoy its coming. 

How fickle are saints fans, or at least, those who post rather than attend?

No comments on the performance, but plenty on the result and the most optimistic analyses of the various permutations

i have no doubt that we will eventually secure the title, however the pissing contests over where and when are undignified and grossly disrespectul to the other contenders-teams at the top end who have at least as much to play for as we did in April 2017

The wee twists and turns are what makes it all fun as well as what makes it all worthwhile

7 hours ago, DLBud said:

We weren’t at our best today but at 2-0 up had done enough for all three points. Jack inexplicably yanks Cammy and goes with 5 at the back, inviting them into us and, not for the first time this season, we couldn’t deal with the simple long ball.
Still, we’re the best team in this league by a mile and will be celebrating the title in a week or so.
#COYS

For me, that is why we got one point today. As soon as we made the change I said to my two brothers I couldn't see how we were set up but thought we were saying to Caley that Saints were happy to sit tight. Even after the second goal it looked like we were asking them to come onto us. Jack gets plenty plaudits but today for me it was a mistake to sit on the lead.

Inverness away from home. Arguably the most difficult game left in our season. Two goals ahead with 20 minutes left. Seems reasonable to me for the manager to try to shut up shop and see the game out. Unfortunately it didn't work on this occasion, but we came away with a point, which many fans, including me,  might have accepted before the game. In his post-match interview JR was honest enough to accept responsibility for trying to close things down. Given our previous good form I think he was entitled to believe that our players could see the match out, so no great blame should be attached to him.

There's absolutely no cause for panic or criticism of the players or management. United also drew, so gained no ground. Yes, Livi gained a couple of points but we are still well ahead and have a game against them which is at home, where we have an excellent record in recent times.

The last time we stumbled (against Livi), we got back on track immediately with a win against Brechin, and we can do the same again next week, even though it's at their place.

So, let's get right behind our club and see them over the finishing line.

COYS!!

There have been a few times this season when a JR substitution has been match winning one - sometimes in spectacular fashion.  This one didn't quite come off - no biggie.

We still got a point from a hard away venue - Livingston gained two points on us but only by beating the team we just cuffed 5-0.

Looking forward to the Title Celebration! :clapping

How fickle are saints fans, or at least, those who post rather than attend?
No comments on the performance, but plenty on the result and the most optimistic analyses of the various permutations
i have no doubt that we will eventually secure the title, however the pissing contests over where and when are undignified and grossly disrespectul to the other contenders-teams at the top end who have at least as much to play for as we did in April 2017
The wee twists and turns are what makes it all fun as well as what makes it all worthwhile

Don’t talk pish.

People on here can speculate/guess/hope we win the league wherever & whenever they want.

Nothing to do with other teams, they are commenting on us & what/when/where we might achieve something.

I doubt fans of other teams will be upset at what’s discussed on here.

Get a grip, it’s no different to predicting scores on match day threads.

1 minute ago, shull said:

Jings

Our Goalie away for a Pie at  their two goals.

Funny how none of his sickophants mentioned the atrocious goalkeeping yesterday.

Even dud Ridgers outshone him.

Goals on Buddievision.

Their first in particular was a disappointing one to concede. It looks as though MacKenzie failed to try and win the header ahead of their scorer. It should have been a more straightforward clearance from the big man.

The second was a decent free kick, though, as I thought at the time, the two man wall does seem to be more than 10 yards from the the ball, so the scorer had plenty of space to work with. We failed to attack the ball effectively when it came in (Baird missing it this time).

Still plenty of work required on defending set pieces.

Absolutely no issue with Jack's subs - my issue more with the defending of the set pieces that led to the goals we conceded. We've brought on the extra centre back to change the shape on many occasions this season, with positive results on the vast majority of occasions.

Another step towards the title...

4 minutes ago, Drew said:

Goals on Buddievision.

Their first in particular was a disappointing one to concede. It looks as though MacKenzie failed to try and win the header ahead of their scorer. It should have been a more straightforward clearance from the big man.

The second was a decent free kick, though, as I thought at the time, the two man wall does seem to be more than 10 yards from the the ball, so the scorer had plenty of space to work with. We failed to attack the ball effectively when it came in (Baird missing it this time).

Still plenty of work required on defending set pieces.

Samson was suspect for both goals but Gary Mac was really poor for the first goal. Misjudged the flight and didn’t win the header leaving his man with a free header. 

The secon goal was also Gary Mac, not Baird who tried to head the free kick as it came in. Still expect Samson to save this one although he would have been a little unsighted which is his only defence. 

The centre half area is something Jack will need to address for next season, we need a quality partner for Davis if he’s still here. For the run in I’d rather Baird got the nod ahead of MacKenzie.