Inverness v St Mirren 31/03/2018(Maybe)

Ronnie

4 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Terrible defending for sneckies first goal .emoji107.png

Mackenzie seem to be blaming the sun for missing the ball. Silly free kick given away by McGinn for the 2nd. Excellent away support of 800 I heard :clapping 

I don't agree it was well over the top. The vast majority was balanced and fair. 
Why is anything that's not always seen with rose coloured glasses seen as negative, your term? 
I could go back and multi quote the posts that I deemed negative but scrolling through the 29 pages of posts to re-read and quote them doesn't really appeal to me.

Faraway I finished a Nightshift at 7am & went straight to Inverness spending well over £60 to watch Saints yesterday so believe me I definitely didn't look then or now through rose tinted glasses about the end result yesterday.

Putting on another defender was a decision I am perfectly fine with as it has been done before and never failed when 2 up.

Was it Smith's fault for conceding a needless corner for ICT 1st goal???

Was it McGinnis Fault for crazy foul for ICT 2nd Goal???

Was it Samson for not doing better at both goals???

Was it McKenzie's fault for missing his header at ICT first goal???

Was it Davis fault for missing a Penalty???

Was it Morgan's fault for not passing inside on 3 or 4 occasion's when that looked a better option???

Like I said previously I think the players and managers really do deserve a bit of slack they got absolutely slaughtered on here previously because we (Only beat Brechin 1-0 & it was all Mcshane's fault).

The posts aren't anywhere near the Brechin level of negativity but they are over the top.

We can have a joke about this at Brechin or Tannadice next week you buy the hot food I'll bring the hot drinks.

9 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

I could go back and multi quote the posts that I deemed negative but scrolling through the 29 pages of posts to re-read and quote them doesn't really appeal to me.

Faraway I finished a Nightshift at 7am & went straight to Inverness spending well over £60 to watch Saints yesterday so believe me I definitely didn't look then or now through rose tinted glasses about the end result yesterday.

Putting on another defender was a decision I am perfectly fine with as it has been done before and never failed when 2 up.

Was it Morgan's fault for not passing inside on 3 or 4 occasion's when that looked a better option???

Like I said previously I think the players and managers really do deserve a bit of slack they got absolutely slaughtered on here previously because we (Only beat Brechin 1-0 & it was all Mcshane's fault).

The posts aren't anywhere near the Brechin level of negativity but they are over the top.

We can have a joke about this at Brechin or Tannadice next week you buy the hot food I'll bring the hot drinks.

According to Faraway...he isn't a St Mirren Fan, Doesn't go to games etc. A windbag of the first order.

You on the other hand are a genuine fan who retains a balance in your approach to the game.

Brechin and Tannadice here we come. Don't expect any favours at either venue. Our play at Inverness was excellent barring the error for the first ICT goal. Errors do happen. Their goalkeeper had a fantastic game and was rightly judged to be their man of the match. Says all you need really. 

24 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

I felt a heart attack coming on when you mentioned me buying food. :lol:

9 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

According to Faraway...he isn't a St Mirren Fan, Doesn't go to games etc. A windbag of the first order.

You on the other hand are a genuine fan who retains a balance in your approach to the game.

Brechin and Tannadice here we come. Don't expect any favours at either venue. Our play at Inverness was excellent barring the error for the first ICT goal. Errors do happen. Their goalkeeper had a fantastic game and was rightly judged to be their man of the match. Says all you need really. 

You kept up your promise to stop engaging with me, unless keeping up your futile attempts at being the super supporter aren't the same.:lol:

The continued,  and utterly dreary, points about how long you've been a supporter and how often you attend are in complete contempt to the people who still support as they can or choose to. 

It's also hilarious that you think because you've turned up you're the fountain of knowledge as has been shown before attending proves nothing in your knowledge of football. 

I don't go to many games, I also don't post about every fecking second when I do, unlike you. 

I'll give you something, you have stolen the thunder from Shull in starting utterly pointless threads and  posts,  we'll done. 

Run along  you must have a pointless thread to start soon. <_<

15 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

You kept up your promise to stop engaging with me, unless keeping up your futile attempts at being the super supporter aren't the same.:lol:

The continued,  and utterly dreary, points about how long you've been a supporter and how often you attend are in complete contempt to the people who still support as they can or choose to. 

It's also hilarious that you think because you've turned up you're the fountain of knowledge as has been shown before attending proves nothing in your knowledge of football. 

I don't go to many games, I also don't post about every fecking second when I do, unlike you. 

I'll give you something, you have stolen the thunder from Shull in starting utterly pointless threads and  posts,  we'll done. 

Excuse me, tumshie.

I produce quality and wisdom . :byebye

39 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Change the record. Change the record. Change the record. Change the record. 

Boring. Boring. Boring.

Go find a team to support. 

Or imagine this - - start a thread.

For the record.

I value any supporters interest in their club 

I value however they choose to express this whether this is reading a newspaper, an article, listening on the radio, following twitter or posting on forums

I value all opinions whether they accord with mine or they don't.  

However I draw the line at someone like yourself without an idea or opinion of their own who's little world view compels them to seek attention by trying  (trying) to be smart but failing miserably. 

Anyway enough attention for you.

Ignore button....check.

Press ignore button....check.

Edited by St.Ricky

31 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

See what you did  there Shull

You, like me, give this idea less numptie air time. One day he will have an idea but don't hold your breath

Taking the Forum and fellow buddies too seriously Ricky.

We are all St Mirren fans and support the Club in our own way as individuals.

Nobody is better or worse than anybody else.

WE ARE ONE

Edited by shull

If this game had been in the first quarter of the season, I'd have been more critical of throwing away a two goal lead. As it is, we're merely picking up points towards the title which is all but won, having done all the hard work throughout the season. I think that's why the negativity is being picked up on. There is a sense of inevitability about it all, and it's only human for players to switch off occasionally when the end is in sight.

I'm just enjoying us picking up points towards the required total, while seeing the possible points tally of our only rival drop away...

Edited by Soctty

Isn't it weird when anyone raises an issue that's not sucking up the managers, or players,  arse it's seen as negative? 
It's only fair to question decisions and performances or we rest on our laurels and don't move on. 

IMO, the managers tactic of replacing Smith with Baird was the catalyst for throwing away 2 points on Saturday.

Yeah, JR has done a great job, etc. But, as you say, doesn’t mean that you can’t be critical as and when things go wrong.

1 hour ago, zico said:

IMO, the managers tactic of replacing Smith with Baird was the catalyst for throwing away 2 points on Saturday.

Yeah, JR has done a great job, etc. But, as you say, doesn’t mean that you can’t be critical as and when things go wrong.

One game lost in 17 and seven home games without losing a goal is amongst the top form of any club in Europe. I honestly don’t see how anyone can be critical of what the management team have done. In 99% of previous games the tactical switch of taking Smith off and replacing him with Baird has worked out perfectly well, but we got done with two set piece goals.

We are the best team in this league by a country mile and have nothing to worry about, the title is in the bag. Jack Ross and James Fowler will make mistakes and Jack basically said so in his post match interview, that perhaps it wasn’t the right substitution but I reckon he’s earned the right to make one or two mistakes given where we are now.

3 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Sitting at Inverness Airport and it’s fair to say I’m a trifle jaded. Brilliant weekend though. 

Game was magic. Jimmy H and I blagged hospitality before and after the game but obviously still went into our end for the game. Fans were magnificent. 

Agreed mate, brilliant weekend, unlike you I’m glad I’m off work tomorrow, so sat at Gatwick enjoying a few scoops before the late flight home.

Inverness supporters were very welcoming in hospitality, we had a free seat there for the game but obviously chose to pay in and join our fantastic support, didn’t stop us going back in after the game for loads of free Peroni, in my opinion the feelgood factor within our club is the best since Fergie was in charge.

All in it together players, management and fans alike, just wish I could come back every week, the atmosphere the young lads generate is brilliant and the Inverness fans in hospitality said we’re easily the best support that visits them.

Cant wait till my next game home to Morton. 

On 3/31/2018 at 4:22 AM, Brew-c said:

Inverness here we come emoji106.pngemoji106.pngemoji106.png

Apart from the  from the last 15-20 mins, I thought it was a great performance. I probably have to take part of the blame having said after we went 2-0 up 'we could score 5 or 6 now'! But what a cracking atmosphere -absolutely  fantastic!!  'Til next year