Congratulations

10 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Ricky has hacked his account. :lol:

Not me Faraway. 

Happy with our position I may be.

But until the points are in the bag I won't be celebrating.  Our upcoming games matter too much to our opponents either to win the league..Livvi...secure a play off place ..United, Morton or to avoid a relegation play off..Dumbarton. ICT, Falkirk (Twice) .

However. ..feel free to poop on  a valid and celebratory IOBS thread as seems to be your chosen purpose on the forum.

7 minutes ago, nedflanders123 said:

According to Alan Preston, on BBC Sportsound yesterday, Dundee United have the best squad in the Championship.  Personally, I cannot agree with that as they are sitting mid table and 18 points behind us.  Anyone agree with him? 

NedF.

I don't agree with him but I think he was making the point that United have a Players Budget which is some £500000 higher than e.g. St Mirren. Theoretically then this allowed them greater choice in signing players. There is some truth in that statement but that doesn't mean that they were successful in their signing policy and alternatively if they had been then the Team is greatly underperformibg. At least that's what I took from it.

According to Alan Preston, on BBC Sportsound yesterday, Dundee United have the best squad in the Championship.  Personally, I cannot agree with that as they are sitting mid table and 18 points behind us.  Anyone agree with him? 

I can’t think of a single United player who would improve our side

Guest TPAFKATS

I would've disagreed but now that they have signed Moshni... 

Heard that too , loved his logic ‘ they’ve got international players’ [emoji23] Aye Coz Scott McDonald has really made the difference this season !! [emoji23]

Of course we have won the League, however I guess it would be rude if tomorrow the guys have Champions written on their shirts, or black and white ticker tape when they run out. The one thing that is guaranteed is that with us playing in Feegie , there will be a helicopter circling overhead. Its a start !!  

Putting this jovial banter to one side for a moment...

I just watched the "Bubble Didinae Burst" video on the you tube.  By jove I recall it like it was yesterday and by the last ten minutes I was punchng the air and I finished with a lump in my throat and a wee tear in my eye.  A similar lump and tear combo will appear when we are once again confirmed as league champions. 

A few of the many memories from that wonderful season, Scott Walker sprinting the full length of Cappielow to head a goal, young Steven McGarry scoring a stoating belter away at Livingston,   Junior Mendes winner away at Raith Rovers, playing in the strips of a lower class team, Hugh Murray's juggle ball goal V the Bankies, actually playing against the Bankies, Paul McKnight's winner away at Ayr, Jens Paeslack before he stole the watch and that day we won it V Raith at Love Street with goals from Mark Yardley, Steven McGarry and Barry McLaughlin.  The aftermatch  celebration with Steven McGarry and Ricky Gillies sporting tearfilled eyes. 

Memories we all shall cherish......let us cherish this one as well, for many younger Buds this will be new to them.  Enjoy it indeed.

20 hours ago, nedflanders123 said:

Allan Preston knows nothing about 41 League teams in Scotland, bar his best, glorious . best supported, superb Jam Tarts. He is Jim Jefferies love child...........

If Dundee Utd do indeed have the best " squad" then its fairly obvious none of that "squad" are making the starting  11. United made 5 changes for last Tues defeat to QOS , and then  6 changes for Sats draw. So maybe they do have a great squad but they have shit first eleven

On stats Utd are 9th in League games for 2018.............

Stand by my thoughts they will finish outside play offs, they just don't have the fight required in this league.....

Allan Preston knows nothing about 41 League teams in Scotland, bar his best, glorious . best supported, superb Jam Tarts. He is Jim Jefferies love child...........
If Dundee Utd do indeed have the best " squad" then its fairly obvious none of that "squad" are making the starting  11. United made 5 changes for last Tues defeat to QOS , and then  6 changes for Sats draw. So maybe they do have a great squad but they have shit first eleven
On stats Utd are 9th in League games for 2018.............
Stand by my thoughts they will finish outside play offs, they just don't have the fight required in this league.....

Irony is with their games in hand on their rivals that might just be enough for them to confirm a play off place, that HAS to be their immediate aim now.

After that assuming they do get to play offs I for one wouldn’t be surprised if they actually made it back to the Spl on the back of a dreadful campaign.

If they did they would be lauded as heroes by certain pundits.

All Kinda sleazy really when compared to St mirren’s masterful and classy campaign.

Acht well ........[emoji16]

2 hours ago, Seaside Nipper said:

Irony is with their games in hand on their rivals that might just be enough for them to confirm a play off place, that HAS to be their immediate aim now.

After that assuming they do get to play offs I for one wouldn’t be surprised if they actually made it back to the Spl on the back of a dreadful campaign.

If they did they would be lauded as heroes by certain pundits.

All Kinda sleazy really when compared to St mirren’s masterful and classy campaign.

Acht well ........emoji16.png

Utd wont make it, they will finish 7th. Seen it all before. Remember us in 2014, and 2016 and of Hibs. Clubs in chaos

Trouble at Top + Middle and on park. Players clearly not motivated, threat of Foreign investment, a manager that makes more changes than our Brexit strategy. A few million in debt, and players on big contracts. Flood apparently on 4k a week and various others. Fans very very unhappy.

Two wins in 2018 and 7 defeats, they wont get to 52 points.

They had one shot one goal last night on target.

Whilst I am delighted that we have romped this league, I was getting a bit miffed with their Chairman still saying they could WIN the league 5 days ago. They all seem to be in denial.......... 

Guest TPAFKATS
First St Mirren captain to lift a trophy this year in my daughter's school football tournament today. I think there might be another one soon. IMG_20180328_221812.thumb.jpg.e8c0aac4eedd45f1c4eff4536576204c.jpg
What ones your daughter?

2 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:
14 hours ago, Buffs said:
First St Mirren captain to lift a trophy this year in my daughter's school football tournament today. I think there might be another one soon. IMG_20180328_221812.thumb.jpg.e8c0aac4eedd45f1c4eff4536576204c.jpg

What ones your daughter?

:wacko: The one holding the camera of course. :rolleyes: