New strip,more stripes for the premiership

umbro.thumb.jpg.5f9b8f9a6af487c687d715890aedd38a.jpg

Lets get the requests in early for the board,lets have a proper black and white striped strip for the premiership

OH ! and those of you who think we are too early to think about it or dont want to jinx things and want to wait till its mathamatically proven...f**k OFF and f**k OFF NOW

The players have done an almighty job getting us to this position and we allllll know its just a matter of when..so if your going to moan..f**k OFF OUT of this thread

SO ...strips you say?...C'mon BOD ....DO THE RIGHT THING !!!

44 minutes ago, saintargyll said:

Lets get the requests in early for the board,lets have a proper black and white striped strip for the premiership

OH ! and those of you who think we are too early to think about it or dont want to jinx things and want to wait till its mathamatically proven...f**k OFF and f**k OFF NOW

The players have done an almighty job getting us to this position and we allllll know its just a matter of when..so if your going to moan..f**k OFF OUT of this thread

The new strips were selected a good while ago, timescales were one of the reasons why there was no vote on designs.

43 minutes ago, TsuMirren said:

The new strips were selected a good while ago, timescales were one of the reasons why there was no vote on designs.

Help me out here Tsu. 

Vote? 

Who would have been asked to vote? 

Just interested in how these things work.

10 hours ago, saintargyll said:

Personally I like this strip but possibly with a wee bit of red in it somewhere. But I would much rather they wore white shorts. Never liked black shorts.

2 hours ago, cockles1987 said:

Do you want the name, rank and seriel number of those that decide?

Or would the term, the directors of the club suffice?

Cockles. Thank you. So no mystery, no intrigue. A board decision. 

No vote either it seems by the board if Tsu is right.  Therefore an Executive decision. I am sure it was a good one.

Edited by St.Ricky

6 minutes ago, chalky1 said:

I thought there was a fans council who had some input on the design of the strips or has that ended? 

Hope so. 

The person or persons who chose the Kit above and who also chose the Kits in  76/77, 99/00 and 12/13 should pick next Season's. 

My guess would be Joma have a set of basic templates for the forthcoming season, but they offer professional clubs the chance to alter certain aspects of the home kit template, ensuring a professional club’s kit isn’t 100% the same as the local Sunday league team who pick up a set of B&W striped 2018/19 Joma kits. I would imagine Joma tell professional clubs what they can, and cannot change from the basic template. I know Campbell Kennedy had the ability to deviate slightly from Hummel templates, in one case, getting a gold ‘SMFC’ added on the neck at the back. I don’t think Hummel offered much in the way of deviating from the templates, I reckon Joma offer more scope to do requests, so to speak, but it stops short of being fully bespoke.

In regard to a vote, or not, I wouldn’t imagine for one minute any vote was meant to go to supporters - IE, here’s four options for the kit, vote for your favourite. Any vote, I guess, would have been in-house, starting withJoma speaking to GLS, showing him the basic template choices, and then GLS putting it to a vote within the boardroom walls - or maybe involving SLOs, SMiSA, Fan Council, or simply asking wee Aggie the tea lady which one she liked.

Maybe this time there was no vote because Joma and GLS talked, GLS picked the template, changed what he was allowed to / wanted to, and he told Joma to crack on.

Pure guesswork, and a lot of it, could all be bollocks.  :)

Edited by pozbaird

Straight off a bog standard teamwear catalogue page. Get stripes on the back of that, pair it with white shorts and socks, badge it up..... good to go IMHO, and that’s a template job. Fine with me.

https://www.joma-sport.com/en/shirt-short-sleeve-t-shirt-copa-black-white-ss-100001.100?tid=148&ret=%2Fen%2Fteamwear-soccer-and-indoor%3Ffc%3D1%26page%3D2

4 minutes ago, paul torfason said:

could the club not pick 4 home and 4 away strips and send email to fans and ask them ro pick favourite,the way they send email and ask you how would you like the 3month kitty spent and you pick what you want

Depends how much fan involvement is being sought but using an email mail survey or social media survey would be cheap and quick.