New strip,more stripes for the premiership

1 hour ago, Spam_Valley said:

Not sure about the rest of you lot but i don't i fancy having the Dunfermline 2015 home kit for our Premiership return tbh.

_CB_5620_2879.jpg

Wouldn’t bother me. Replace the crest with ours, get the Skyview logo on, and a few tweaks ordered by GLS from the Kit Design Uber Bunker.... and we’ve got a good looking kit there. The point I was clumsily trying to make is that there are decent templates there in the Joma website, so without really adding bells and whistles, a good St Mirren kit, from a bog standard template, can be achieved.

5 hours ago, Spam_Valley said:

Not sure about the rest of you lot but i don't i fancy having the Dunfermline 2015 home kit for our Premiership return tbh.

_CB_5620_2879.jpg

Not sure whether you're for or against it but it's not  for me.  Don't like the collar and I would like full stripes on the back.

Could be much, much worse.  But agreed sort the collar out, full stripes on the back, white shorts ( nane of that poncey piping) white socks, two narrow black bands. Numbers in red.  That's it.  As ever, I'd be willing to pay extra for a version without the sponsor's name on it.  GIRUY.

Edited by Barney63

23 hours ago, saintargyll said:

umbro.thumb.jpg.5f9b8f9a6af487c687d715890aedd38a.jpg

Lets get the requests in early for the board,lets have a proper black and white striped strip for the premiership

OH ! and those of you who think we are too early to think about it or dont want to jinx things and want to wait till its mathamatically proven...f**k OFF and f**k OFF NOW

The players have done an almighty job getting us to this position and we allllll know its just a matter of when..so if your going to moan..f**k OFF OUT of this thread

SO ...strips you say?...C'mon BOD ....DO THE RIGHT THING !!!

Why does Billy Thomson have what appears to be a Norwegian badge on his shirt? 

28 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Nah I reckon that’s late 70s. It’s certainly no later than 1980 as Iain Munro and Bobby Torrance we’re both gone by then. 

Correct.

28th August 1979

http://www.stmirrenprogrammes.co.uk/StMirren/STM_Match_Details.php?Season=1979&GameID=197908280

• 3 weeks later...

Wouldn’t it be amazing if we were a club with just a touch more foresight and business acumen 

Even though we are heading for the Premier League we still sometimes operate like a small outfit in the commercial sense

Rea confirmed on another thread that when the Astro pitch was laid at Ralston there was no contingency plan to allow for depreciation or money put aside each year to pay for the re laying of the pitch at the end of its life span - instead the begging bowl is handed out to the fans via the Smisa monthly spend.

just supposing in January someone in the boardroom had the foresight to think ‘we might actually get promoted!’ and in response to thought - let’s get next seasons strips signed off and into production!

the fans will be coming through the turnstiles in their thousands and many of them will want to get their hands on the latest / next season replica kit.

can you imagine how many units could have been shifted?

Perhaps any remaining this season  kit could have been sold at half price further boosting the coffers 

with a bit of imaginative foresight a season ticket / new kit package could have been competitively prized to further tempt the punters

But alas I go on holiday in July and I’m sure the prospect of me wearing the kit of our newly promoted hero’s is thin ( unlike my waist!)

Edited by Liverpool Bud

4 hours ago, Liverpool Bud said:

Wouldn’t it be amazing if we were a club with just a touch more foresight and business acumen 

Even though we are heading for the Premier League we still sometimes operate like a small outfit in the commercial sense

Rea confirmed on another thread that when the Astro pitch was laid at Ralston there was no contingency plan to allow for depreciation or money put aside each year to pay for the re laying of the pitch at the end of its life span - instead the begging bowl is handed out to the fans via the Smisa monthly spend.

just supposing in January someone in the boardroom had the foresight to think ‘we might actually get promoted!’ and in response to thought - let’s get next seasons strips signed off and into production!

the fans will be coming through the turnstiles in their thousands and many of them will want to get their hands on the latest / next season replica kit.

can you imagine how many units could have been shifted?

Perhaps any remaining this season  kit could have been sold at half price further boosting the coffers 

with a bit of imaginative foresight a season ticket / new kit package could have been competitively prized to further tempt the punters

But alas I go on holiday in July and I’m sure the prospect of me wearing the kit of our newly promoted hero’s is thin ( unlike my waist!)

Just buy this instead.

Screenshot_20180410-173117.png

On ‎26‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 10:22 PM, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I have absolutely zero recollection whatsoever of Jocky Dempster. :blink:

You may be younger than me , but Dempster destroyed us a number of times at both Palmerston and Love St n the 70s , most St Mirren fans were ecstatic that we eventually signed him , unfortunately when he arrived he was already in his 30s and couldn't make the step up. A few years previous , Fergie tried to sign Dempster and Peter Dickson from QOS , but it fell through !