Brechin v St. Mirren 7/4/18

Any recommendations for a good boozer in Brechin for away fans?

There's a social club in the ground then two other places on the main street. 1 is a tiny wee hotel and the other is quite a spacious pub......well it was spacious in December.....I doubt it will be this week.

Can't remember the names of either but you'll not miss them.

51 minutes ago, whydowebother said:

Ha.

I have been quite good at predictions this season, I’ve never predicted such a big win, so narrow it down a bit :P

H/T Brechin 1-3 St Mirren
F/T Brechin 1-7 St Mirren

Livingston 1-1 Morton H/T
Livingston 1-2 Morton F/T

The bit I probably got right was the forum crashing :D

You missed out it was a last minute penalty for the dodgers.

Ha.

I have been quite good at predictions this season, I’ve never predicted such a big win, so narrow it down a bit [emoji14]

H/T Brechin 1-3 St Mirren
F/T Brechin 1-7 St Mirren

Livingston 1-1 Morton H/T
Livingston 1-2 Morton F/T

The bit I probably got right was the forum crashing [emoji3]
I was hoping for Livingston to be winning until 85 minutes then Gary Harkins to equalise with a dodgy penalty to start the celebrations in Brechin where we are 3/4-0 up.

Brechin is a kunt of a place to get to at the best of times and given it's a title winning opportunity I would imagine plenty who normally drive to away games are looking to celebrate hence not drive. I use the train a lot but no station in Brechin and rail replacement bus service on a big chunk of the route this Saturday unless you travel via Edinburgh that makes it pretty expensive never mind a hellish journey. A bus would be nice and easy. I will be there by hook or by crook it was just a suggestion that would help plenty people in the same boat and they have run buses to bigger games in the past.

11 hours ago, whydowebother said:

Brechin 1-7 St Mirren

As news filters in that Morton have won 2-1 over Livingston

Forum to crash with us being locked oot.

With Brechin short of 2 defenders and even worse than Dumbarton all the players must know that they will have chances to get on the score sheet - like you I think it will be our biggest win of the season - I wouldn't be surprised if we hit 8, 9 or10 but hope we can manage a clean sheet as well.

Goals from centre backs at set pieces, and nearly all the midfield and strikers.

3 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

With Brechin short of 2 defenders and even worse than Dumbarton all the players must know that they will have chances to get on the score sheet - like you I think it will be our biggest win of the season - I wouldn't be surprised if we hit 8, 9 or10 but hope we can manage a clean sheet as well.

Goals from centre backs at set pieces, and nearly all the midfield and strikers.

And a penalty from Samson.

They've had a poor season, but they're nowhere near as bad as their 4 point tally suggests. I'd love to see us play some great attacking football and score a few goals, but I'd be chuffed with a scrappy 1-0 and Livi dropping points. Wrapping the title up is the only priority. 

3 minutes ago, Saint Garf said:

They've had a poor season, but they're nowhere near as bad as their 4 point tally suggests. I'd love to see us play some great attacking football and score a few goals, but I'd be chuffed with a scrappy 1-0 and Livi dropping points. Wrapping the title up is the only priority. 

How do you come to that conclusion? :blink:

They have conceded 72 goals, scoring only 19.

Not won ONE game all season.

If there's been a team with a record as poor in recent memory in this league please let me know. 

So finally found out just how bad this season is for Brechin.............. personally I think they have done fantastic to be here, considering the far larger clubs in League One haven't

East Stirling 2003-04 had 8 points, Clyde had 9 pts in 1899...............

Jim Duffy has said he will do Saints a favour Sat, as long as Jack does one back when we play them :lol: ( Come on its crossed our minds)

14 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

How do you come to that conclusion? :blink:

They have conceded 72 goals, scoring only 19.

Not won ONE game all season.

If there's been a team with a record as poor in recent memory in this league please let me know. 

Judging by the fact that we're cruising at the top of the table and we've struggled to beat them a few times. I can only judge them on what I've seen, and I've seen them give us a good game every time. I'm not saying they should be mid-table or even 9th, but they've run us close a few times and we're not the only ones. We'd be daft to be complacent against them.

Just now, Saint Garf said:

Judging by the fact that we're cruising at the top of the table and we've struggled to beat them a few times. I can only judge them on what I've seen, and I've seen them give us a good game every time. I'm not saying they should be mid-table or even 9th, but they've run us close a few times and we're not the only ones. We'd be daft to be complacent against them.

Ok, you've seen them 3 times and, yeah, we've struggled.

They have player another 28 games which, I assume, you've not seen? 

You seem oblivious to the FACTS and there are plenty who have scudded them.

Complacent, no, confident, definitely. 

16 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Ok, you've seen them 3 times and, yeah, we've struggled.

They have player another 28 games which, I assume, you've not seen? 

You seem oblivious to the FACTS and there are plenty who have scudded them.

Complacent, no, confident, definitely. 

You'd  be correct in assuming that I haven't seen their other 28 games. In fact, that's exactly what I said "I can only judge them on what I've seen"

I therefore have reason to believe that they'll be able to make things difficult for us again.

I'd have thought that was relatively straight forward. Hope this helps :)

1 minute ago, Saint Garf said:

You'd  be correct in assuming that I haven't seen their other 28 games. In fact, that's exactly what I said "I can only judge them on what I've seen"

I therefore have reason to believe that they'll be able to make things difficult for us again.

I'd have thought that was relatively straight forward. Hope this helps :)

See post above yours, I'm on that boat. :lol:

Keep up the confidence. :byebye