Brechin v St. Mirren 7/4/18

3 minutes ago, Saint Garf said:

You'd  be correct in assuming that I haven't seen their other 28 games. In fact, that's exactly what I said "I can only judge them on what I've seen"

I therefore have reason to believe that they'll be able to make things difficult for us again.

I'd have thought that was relatively straight forward. Hope this helps :)

I think you have a point though. They've ran us close three times this season, and on a fair few occasions they've just come up short against some of the others. There is a lot of decent teams in the Championship this season.

With the possibility to wrap up the title, and Brechin down two players to suspension and already relegated, still without a win, this is too easy for us. Brechin 1-0 Saints :ph34r:

19 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

I think you have a point though. They've ran us close three times this season, and on a fair few occasions they've just come up short against some of the others. There is a lot of decent teams in the Championship this season.

With the possibility to wrap up the title, and Brechin down two players to suspension and already relegated, still without a win, this is too easy for us. Brechin 1-0 Saints :ph34r:

I think we'll win, and if it all clicks we can score 3 or 4, but we'll need a performance to do that. We've got no automatic right to run over the top of them.

1 minute ago, pozbaird said:

Mate texted me at 10am - queue at our ticket office about 80 plus folk standing in queue....we’re on our way....

Got mine online, cos a.) I'm a lazy bastard, and b.) It's freezing.

We are indeed, on our way.

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Brechin's last 5 games, scored 1 conceded 15, bet JR is shitting himself. :lol:

Brechin 0-4 St Mirren.

Don't give a feck about other scores, league is, and has been for a while, over. :thumbs2

Could you confirm your score guess on the other Thread ?  :byebye

Personally, I would just like to take the points. All I would say is remember how confident we were going into the first Dumbarton at home game? We had egg on our face. All this 6-0 and 10-0 is fantasy. Brechin are not a very good team and player for player we should be good enough to get a positive result. However, every team deserves respect and I am sure Jack will have the team going into the game with professionalism and no expectations that we win by just turning up. Brechin players will be tired as this will be their third game in a week so we can capitalise on this. I think we will win 3-1 but it won't be a cricket score (happy to be proved wrong).

On 01/04/2018 at 4:17 PM, St.Ricky said:

Two first choice players missing can't help them that's for sure so they will be hoping it's for Tuesday only.

Optimistic? Yes but will be at Dunfermline v Livingston game on Tuesday night.  My black and white scarf will fit right in with the Dunfermline fans.

Watched the last hame between these two. DAFC were arguably the better side but lost. I am looking for a draw of DAFC win.

Went to watch the DAFC v Livingston match last night. Great game and the right result for Saints. Sets up Saturday nicely. A renfrewshire double would see us win the league in Brechin.  Matches with Brechin have been tight but I am going for a 4.......0 win. 

5 minutes ago, nedflanders123 said:

Personally, I would just like to take the points. All I would say is remember how confident we were going into the first Dumbarton at home game? We had egg on our face. All this 6-0 and 10-0 is fantasy. Brechin are not a very good team and player for player we should be good enough to get a positive result. However, every team deserves respect and I am sure Jack will have the team going into the game with professionalism and no expectations that we win by just turning up. Brechin players will be tired as this will be their third game in a week so we can capitalise on this. I think we will win 3-1 but it won't be a cricket score (happy to be proved wrong).

To be fair, this is a team who hasn't won all season, who lost 4-0 in midweek, who were officially relegated last week, and who will be without their captain and one other through suspension. We go up there on a high, with the possibility of clinching the title, and what looks like being a huge support behind us.

I think we will get an early goal and batter them. So while 6-0 might be fantasy, it's entirely possible, and the odds won't be as long as you would think.

8 hours ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Brechin is a kunt of a place to get to at the best of times and given it's a title winning opportunity I would imagine plenty who normally drive to away games are looking to celebrate hence not drive. I use the train a lot but no station in Brechin and rail replacement bus service on a big chunk of the route this Saturday unless you travel via Edinburgh that makes it pretty expensive never mind a hellish journey. A bus would be nice and easy. I will be there by hook or by crook it was just a suggestion that would help plenty people in the same boat and they have run buses to bigger games in the past.

Credit where it's due, the club listened and I now have tickets for one of the buses.  Let the glory hunting begin !!!

Brechin is a kunt of a place to get to at the best of times and given it's a title winning opportunity I would imagine plenty who normally drive to away games are looking to celebrate hence not drive. I use the train a lot but no station in Brechin and rail replacement bus service on a big chunk of the route this Saturday unless you travel via Edinburgh that makes it pretty expensive never mind a hellish journey. A bus would be nice and easy. I will be there by hook or by crook it was just a suggestion that would help plenty people in the same boat and they have run buses to bigger games in the past.

You could have stopped that post after the first seven words and I don’t think many would have argued with you. [emoji6]

On 04/04/2018 at 7:26 AM, Ayrshire Saints said:

Brechin is a kunt of a place to get to at the best of times and given it's a title winning opportunity I would imagine plenty who normally drive to away games are looking to celebrate hence not drive

I have the opposite problem, living on the East Coast. Trains are fecked that day on the West Line and Expensive on the East Line so I'm getting the train to Stirling and Hitching a lift from one of my Paisley Buds to get to Breechin. 

Then the problem is "What if we win the league" Paisley is a Kunt of a place to get to from Brechin. I don't want to miss the Party in Paisley on Saturday Night if we do.

Might just have to impose on My Buds for more than a lift. Might have to Crash at their pad too!!