Brechin v St. Mirren 7/4/18

Do we actually need Brechin fans at this game/ I mean they have lost their last 14 games, since drawing with Ton

Scoring 3 and conceding 31................... In fact can we get their sub bench in all!!!

I think their fans/ players are due a wee day off for counselling :booty

Ground holds  4123

We have got 1750 Tickets .  (Seated 1228) the rest along the hedge.

Their wee main stand hold 300

Home end holds 1257  ( plus 170 Uncovered standing)

That would leave somewhere in the region of 600 tickets available for pay at gate.   

Given that Brechins average home support numbers approx 4-500, they will be about a third of capacity at their end, i can see us having the whole lot of the hedge side so should be a total of approx 2700-2800 spaces for us.

3 hours ago, East Lothian Saint said:

two castles (3 if you count pubs) but only 1 Aldi here.

Does that make me homesick for Paisley . Does it F>>>>>>>

1987 was a big year. Saints won the cup and I Left Paisley.

Something else happened that year. what the feck was it!!!

Reveal hidden contents

Oh AYE - Ah got Married....   Now I remember why I left Paisley.............It wis her idea!!!!

Well off for Castles and monuments in Stirling.  Worked in Paisley 1973-1977 . Lived in Houston.  Caught the St Mirren Bug and haven't lost it since despite moving away in 1993. 

Great to see kids I took to the games along with my own two still coming to games and supporting Saints and keeping in touch. 

One is even coming over from Australia with his kids for the Morton game.

Three generations of us going to Brechin. 

51 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Ground holds  4123

That would leave somewhere in the region of 600 tickets available for pay at gate.   

Given that Brechins average home support numbers approx 4-500, they will be about a third of capacity at their end, i can see us having the whole lot of the hedge side so should be a total of approx 2700-2800 spaces for us.

51 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Ground holds  4123

Yes that's what it SHOULD be but that is not the respective club lines at the moment it needs clearing up fast. Bit of a cop out for us to say it's up to Brechin. The club could ask them to confirm exact numbers. I now know of 6 people not going tomorrow unless they hear officially there is reasonable capacity available on the day to have a good chance of getting in. No point in segregation if Saints fans are left with no option but the home end (if they allow that). Why this was not all ticket with SMFC getting the full capacity to sell I will never know

1 hour ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Ground holds  4123

If they trimmed their bush, they would get a bit more in. :P

1 minute ago, whydowebother said:

Yes 1750 sold out

500 pay at gate available tomorrow

I'm in the Brechin end with friends from Brechin.

Us elderlies look harmless as opposed to "Superfan". Indeed I'm surprised we let him in our end.

Many of us will melt into the home support.

Just practice "Ye ken, ye ken, ye ken ken." 

From Brechin's FB page

"Brechin City V St Mirren Update

The Club wish to provide an update on away support ticket sales for tomorrows game with St Mirren.

All 1750 advance tickets have been sold at St Mirren.

The Club will operate cash turnstiles on the day with a further maximum capacity off 500 away support available.

Segregation will be in operation. St Mirren supporters should enter the ground from the Trinity Road End only occupying the David H. Will stand and on the hedgeside terracing down to the segregation gates.

Seating in the David H. Will Stand is not reserved and will be allocated on a first come, first serve basis.

Brechin City supporters should enter the ground from the Cemetery Road end only occupying the cemetery End enclosure. The Centre Stand is reserved for Brechin City FC season ticket holders, hospitality guests, press and home and away Club Officials.

Turnstiles will be open from 1.45pm so fans of both clubs are advised to arrive well in advance of kick-off to prevent turnstile congestion."

For anyone who hasn't been to Brechin, have a look at this picture.

The stand holds around 1200 (although a BC fan on P&B says it will be a bit less due to broken seats). The bit down the right is the hedgeside terrace. It probably extends  about half as much again before reaching the segregation gate. On the left side of the picture there is another small terrace between the stand and the Main Stand.

brechin.jpg.d49c9691efe72c7ffa52be3cf868b81d.jpg

45 minutes ago, whydowebother said:

Yes 1750 sold out

500 pay at gate available tomorrow

Good work mate, why both clubs couldn't have said that in the first place is beyond me. Clearly we are not getting a Sevco sized allocation for some reason but 2250 will be our biggest away league support for over 15 years. Should be great.

43 minutes ago, E=Mc2 said:

I'm in the Brechin end with friends from Brechin.

Us elderlies look harmless as opposed to "Superfan". Indeed I'm surprised we let him in our end.

Many of us will melt into the home support.

Just practice "Ye ken, ye ken, ye ken ken." 

As we got off the bus in Inverness, Derek Superfan was walking into the ground and some wit shouted "the circus is that way!":lol:

Cruel, but amusing.

13 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Good work mate, why both clubs couldn't have said that in the first place is beyond me. Clearly we are not getting a Sevco sized allocation for some reason but 2250 will be our biggest away league support for over 15 years. Should be great.

Great support but we must have had at least that at Fir Park for the 3-2 victory in 2007 ? 

Don't have a ticket for the game but making my way up with fellow buddies who do. Meant to be heading to Fife for a family holiday but instead wife going solo with three kids until I join her after the game.

The plan is to get dropped in Dundee after the game and make my way by public transport to St Monans and strictly not via viennas and a party in Paisley.

This will be a day to remember whatever happens. Hopefully I won't be talking about it in the divorce courts in a few months as I only told her tonight I am off to Tannadice on Tuesday and we need to be home for 3pm on Saturday.

Come on Ye saints!