Brechin v St. Mirren 7/4/18

30 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

0-1, I'm outta here, a wins a win.

Yes - another 3 points - another clean sheet - another step towards lifting the inevitable title as Champions of Scotland level 2

The team and management have done a truly amazing job - BUT (And I know some folk don't like negativity)

1. This mob are already relegated and effectively 2 divisions down from where we are going - and yet again we beat them by 1 goal...  (I know 12 points from 4 games is fab)

2. We cannot break some teams down who play like this.   (and today they were missing 2 of their best players)

3. At times we were not on it. (Manager and Captain need to grab/change  things at times like this)

4. No plan B really for mixing things up.  (This has been my main issue all season - though we did get Reilly and Mullen on together for a wee while)

A win is a win - but in the Premiership, we are unlikely to get away with this, and the levels are way above Brechin's  abilities.

Here's hoping we sign some really good players for next season - we really really need to...

Next  :  Winning the title against the team who were favourites will be superb... the best thing about today is we go there to beat them and win the title....

And finally, we now (for the 1st time) also have the best defensive record in this league. [ As well as having scored the most goals]

Edited by Sweeper07

Yes - another 3 points - another clean sheet - another step towards lifting the inevitable title as Champions of Scotland level 2
The team and management have done a truly amazing job - BUT (And I know some folk don't like negativity)
1. This mob are already relegated and effectively 2 divisions down from where we are going - and yet again we beat them by 1 goal...  (I know 9 points from 3 games is fab)
2. We cannot break some teams down who play like this.   (and today they were missing 2 of their best players)
3. At times we were not on it. (Manager and Captain need to grab/change  things at times like this)
4. No plan B really for mixing things up.  (This has been my main issue all season - though we did get Reilly and Mullen on together for a wee while)

A win is a win - but in the Premiership, we are unlikely to get away with this, and the levels are way above Brechin's  abilities.
Here's hoping we sign some really good players for next season - we really really need to...
Next  :  Winning the title against the team who were favourites will be superb... the best thing about today is we go there to beat them and win the title....
And finally, we now (for the 1st time) also have the best defensive record in this league. [ As well as having scored the most goals]

We are unlikely to be up against any sides in the top flight who will sit in and defend for 90 minutes

7 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

1. This mob are already relegated and effectively 2 divisions down from where we are going - and yet again we beat them by 1 goal...  (I know 9 points from 3 games is fab)

point 5/ It will be a different team in the premiership take a chill pill mate. 

Ok, we started off quite well, great strike for our goal then after about 25 minutes seemed to lose momentum.

They started to get more of the ball and we'd lost the advantage.

2nd half was a bit of a mess, I never really felt they would score but we we'd lost any real shape so 0-1 was looking like the result for most of the 2nd half.

Not much more to say, it's all about points at this stage, been that way for a while TBH.

Yes, some concerns we can't seemingly change things when we get in a rut but, at the same time, another clean sheet.

Could over analyse things, can't be arsed, league is over, just need another point to make it official although some will still be nervous.

Oh, do I count as a supporter FRicky? :lol:

This mob are already relegated and effectively 2 divisions down from where we are going - and yet again we beat them by 1 goal...  (I know 12 points from 4 games is fab)

I don't know how long you've been following the buds but don't you realise we almost always lose to the team that gets relegated. It's a St Mirren thing - no rhyme or reason to it.
This season we won all four games Spooky??????

[emoji317]

11 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

You could sense it in the crowd, more concerned about other teams than us, could easily have spread to the team.

Which lead to a poor second half performance

On Tuesday night won't have that problem just concern ourselves on our own result

Hope we go for it as Utd are gash and struggling no excuses

Ok, we started off quite well, great strike for our goal then after about 25 minutes seemed to lose momentum.
2nd half was a bit of a mess, I never really felt they would score but we we'd lost any real shape so 0-1 was looking like the result for most of the 2nd half.
Not much more to say, it's all about points at this stage, been that way for a while TBH.
Yes, some concerns we can't seemingly change things when we get in a rut but, at the same time, another clean sheet.
Could over analyse things, can't be arsed, league is over, just need another point to make it official although some will still be nervous.

No, you count as a cock!

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Indeed you do. 

Great hospitality from the folks in Brechin today. 

Brechin have been difficult opposition for us this season and were again today. 

What an end to the season coming up. 

Edited by St.Ricky

Great first ten minutes, great atmosphere, great goal. Then.... flat as a pancake. Long periods of complete silence from a huge away support - punctuated by massive moments when Morton goals went in. Great three points, but ‘flat’ just about covers it.

Said to Drew - glad Brechin earned a good crust from the Paisley Pound today. A very nice earner for a decent wee club. Fair play to their matchday announcer for his nice words to the St Mirren support as we exited. It could have been shitehawks like Livvy who hoovered up our cash today. Or Dunfermline, Falkirk...

Thought Brechin were solid, cannot believe they haven’t won a game. They are better than that. Good luck to them next season.

Onto Tuesday. We won, and a win is a win, is a win.

Great first ten minutes, great atmosphere, great goal. Then.... flat as a pancake. Long periods of complete silence from a huge away support - punctuated by massive moments when Morton goals went in. Great three points, but ‘flat’ just about covers it.
Said to Drew - glad Brechin earned a good crust from the Paisley Pound today. A very nice earner for a decent wee club. Fair play to their matchday announcer for his nice words to the St Mirren support as we exited. It could have been shitehawks like Livvy who hoovered up our cash today. Or Dunfermline, Falkirk...
Thought Brechin were solid, cannot believe they haven’t won a game. They are better than that. Good luck to them next season.
Onto Tuesday. We won, and a win is a win, is a win.
Wasn't there today but Brechin have impressed me every time I have seen them and like you, I cannot believe they haven't won a game yet. Hope they do.

Well it was a win, not the greatest by any means but a win. Enjoyed the cheers and atmosphere when we heard Morton were one up then levelled. It would have been fantastic to win it today being along with my son and a couple of good mates. Not to be but it will be sooooooooon 

Pretty much standard for our games against Brechin this season. For whatever reason, they're the team we've struggled most against from the games I've seen. Perhaps understandable today given the circumstances. Bobbly pitch didn't help either (same for both teams I know).

Got the job done, just a shame Morton couldn't do their part. Fingers crossed Tuesday is the day and we become the first team in Britain to be crowned champions. Won't be there but want it done ASAP and if that means I miss the party so be it.

We did what we had to. Can’t be full of attacking flair every week and sometimes you just need to grind those points out. The surface looked ok from high up in the stand but when you were at ground level it was worse than The Racecourse.

There were too many times we were just a little too laboured in getting forward which allowed them to get everyone behind the ball and deny us any space. Utd will come at us on Tuesday and that will leave space for Morgy to wrap this thing up and everything will be right in the world.