Brechin v St. Mirren 7/4/18

In the pubs and around the ground it was bouncing before kick off and up until we scored. And then it all went strangely flat, both on and off the park. But another win chalked up and hopefully we’ll finish the job on Tuesday.

I think many of those there today were too focussed on how Livvy were getting on rather than what was going on on the park. It certainly was very flat for long periods .

7 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

I think many of those there today were too focussed on how Livvy were getting on rather than what was going on on the park. It certainly was very flat for long periods .

Felt that from midway through the first half, too many "supporters" forgot to support, on phones, talking about the Livingston game, hard to be sure but could easily have got to the team although that's up to the manager to sort.

Certainly a very disappointing 2nd half, never seemed to get out of 2nd gear. 

Guest TPAFKATS

All we could do was win, which we did.
Morton were their usual selves - hopeless and soapless.
Big thanks to Brechin who were superb hosts.
Wish them well next season.
Roll on Tannadice.

Guest TPAFKATS
Scrappy game with everyone, players included, having one ear & eye on the Livi score.
Bit of an anti-climax in the end.
Would've been nice too clinch it today as I'm working midweek but we'll be able to celebrate the next two Saturdays!
Respect to the old dude in the red jacket & baseball cap! [emoji38]

Was his name Fergie or Toshie?

I loved the stewards making their way along the hedge pre-match systematically letting everyone know that it was OK to invade the pitch at the end.

There was also a steward specifically directing people behind the terracing for a pish up the wall, rather than bother with the hassle of seeking out a proper toilet.  :lol:

I don't think either will apply at Tuesday's game.

Edited by Dirty Sanchez

2 hours ago, shull said:

Scottish Football needs Brechin City, not fecking Sevco.

2 hours ago, shull said:

Scottish Football needs Brechin City, not fecking Sevco.

I totally agree. A great day oot. Fitzy greeting the support before kick off took me back 40 years, but wasnt meant to be. 

Bring on united.  COYS !!!

Deflated we didn't win it officially. But one point and we are champions. A year ago we were out celebrating we were in the bloody league.

Hats off to Brechin home supporters who welcomed us with open arms when the segregation got lifted. They wanted to take videos and pictures of us and kept congratulating us on our season.

It's now in our hands. I'm working Tuesday and working on Wednesday. I can't wait to walk into work as a supporter of this great team, as champions.

7 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:
8 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:
Scrappy game with everyone, players included, having one ear & eye on the Livi score.
Bit of an anti-climax in the end.
Would've been nice too clinch it today as I'm working midweek but we'll be able to celebrate the next two Saturdays!
Respect to the old dude in the red jacket & baseball cap! emoji38.png

Was his name Fergie or Toshie?

Been looking through the Brechin threads on P&B and apparently this is the norm for him! :lol:

See the source image

Strange train home last night - 8:10 pm at Paisley..............

There were 

• Rangers fans - loud and obnoxious.
  • Killie fans - loud. 
  • 3 Aberdeen fans (honest) - loud.
  • me - for once I chose to be quiet as I was sitting beside a pretty lady.

Not sure if it was the Rangers or Killie fans who (literally) couldn't hold their drink but by the time we got to Prestwick the floor was swimming! 

Edited by Bud the Baker

It's a shame about the Livingston result but at least we did it on our side. United officially can't catch us now, and Livingston need everything from now to go their way.

We are nearly there...

I do feel sorry for Brechin, they've ran us tight in all four matches, and ran many others close too. Their 4pts doesn't really do them justice, hopefully they can sneak a win before the season finishes.

As others have said  the hospitality up at Brechin was first class, stewards very helpful and the Soup at the Shop was :notworthy braw. 

Saints did what they had to and grabbed the three points, we do it by ourselves at Tannadeechee in a couple of days.

It was a last minute decision to go down to the game from Inverness. I will NEVER EVER go that road over the Lecht and Cairn o’ Mount

again. F**k sake, I was almost car sick for the first time in many a year. :zipit Went home via Forfar ,Blairgowrie, Dunkeld and the up the A9.

Doddle and a great quiet flat run up the road. I’ll be at Tannadice on Tuesday, shoot down from Aberdeen form my new Monday to 

Friday job....Easy. Flat road .

COYS.

Its very difficult to understand how Brechin can only have 4 points at this stage.  Lacking killer instinct around the box I guess, but they seem a decent side.

Huge and noisy travelling support that went quiet as soon as Livingston started scoring.  A really strange atmosphere in the end.

I'd like to see Reilly starting again on Tuesday, Mullen hasn't done enough to take his place in my opinion.

5 minutes ago, Drew said:

Huge credit to Brechin FC for how they welcomed us and the touch of class from their announcer at the end.

Same in the Town.Every pub/shop we were in people were genuinely nice to us.A few businesses in Paisley should go up there and learn about good customer relations.

Also went into Auchterarder on way home to watch 2nd half of Manx derby.Another lovely,friendly little Town.

Made up for driving all day when I got home.:clapping

Well, that was a interesting experience, first time since Raith Rovers pumped us 2-0 at Kirkcaldy and the Billy the fish, throw out, catastrophe, that I travelled to a match by car.

I was picked up in Stirling  by my usual drinking bud who was behind the wheel and I thought it was only fair to encourage his temperance by staying of the Drink too.

Brechin was bouncing when we arrived early and rather than sit in the ground for an hour and a half we went exploring. Got as far as stables Bar, met some buds outside and sort of, got dragged in. Apparently, all the pubs in Brechin were bouncing and Stables was no exception. Inside and out Buds were everywhere, and large queues were evident at the various bars inside.

We found a wee bothy bit at the back where the Brechin Fans were drinking, and the temperance plan was amended to just one pint.

The Brechin guys were sound. “Morton Fans are scum.” We were told Morton fans had smashed the pub window on their last visit and were no longer welcome. United in our recognition that Morton were bad news, we were made very welcome but warned not to use the F word in their company. “Fur f**ks sake don’t use the F word please” they all said. Who would have thought Forfar was a sweary word?

At the ground, After one pint, (don’t tell my Bud I sneaked a second)  I was met by a very nice steward who gave me directions to the club bar. I never even asked him, but I must have looked desperate. Unfortunately, my driving Bud put the Kybosh on that idea and from 2.30pm onward I sat in the stand and soaked up the Atmosphere. I hate to use the F word, but the atmosphere was, as many have said, Flat. It was flatter than the tyre of the bus that punctured on the A9. The game was a bit of a non-event and once again Morton brought bad news, but on the Bright side we got three points and we get to do it all again on Tuesday.

Normal service will be resumed on Tuesday. Public transport, Pubs and Parties will be back on the agenda and the atmosphere will be super charged. The stewards won’t be as friendly, and Dundee with their “Get your Drum to Feck” approach might not be as welcoming as Brechin, but We have a history of winning League titles in Dundee and on Tuesday night we’ll make history there again.

Tuesday Night is Champions League Night and we shall be Championies

Championies! Championies! Ole! Ole! Ole!
Championies! Championies! Ole! Ole! Ole!

Edited by East Lothian Saint

2 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:

Thought it was a poor game on a poor bumpy narrow pitch. But we got the job done. All players done their job. Great away day at Brechin. very hospitable people. Great soup. Brilliant Saints support. on to Tannadice on Tues hopefully we can get the job done. Coys.

^^^^ This.