Brechin v St. Mirren 7/4/18

10 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

I don't think they wanted promotion last season. They were kinda taken by surprise at winning the play offs.
The club refused to over spend though and despite an embarrassing points total, they have probably made a wee profit from the championship.

They are maybe a little "too nice" for this level.  When you look at what Dumbarton achieve every season there isn't really an excuse for not being able to compete better.  It seems they didn't want to change much from last season, including the manager, and it hasn't worked at all for them.

11 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

I don't think they wanted promotion last season. They were kinda taken by surprise at winning the play offs.
The club refused to over spend though and despite an embarrassing points total, they have probably made a wee profit from the championship.

In all truth its been a totally pathetic campaign for Brechin..... Yes they were the surprise package, beating Raith and Alloa in POs , but there is poor and there is 4 points. They play on a rubbish pitch which is a leveller, they have won one game this season against a Highland League team........... I see them going down next year to, because yes there is a difference between Champs and League 1, but not that vast........................

15 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

In all truth its been a totally pathetic campaign for Brechin..... Yes they were the surprise package, beating Raith and Alloa in POs , but there is poor and there is 4 points. They play on a rubbish pitch which is a leveller, they have won one game this season against a Highland League team........... I see them going down next year to, because yes there is a difference between Champs and League 1, but not that vast........................

I was with a Brechin supporter on Saturday and he was saying they have shown not one bit of ambition to stay up.

He indicated that they seemed quite happy to be in a bigger league but showed little respect to the fans paying to watch a team with no real improvements and the reality has been relegation from the start of the season.

Quite how they'll recover next season will be interesting. 

I agree, the fans have deserved more. I did say start of season that I could not see them getting 20 points and they would go down but I also saw a few wee home wins. Maybe this shows what a great job Aitken has done at Sons.  Sons have ambition and never say die attitude, I thought I would see a stuffy wee Brechin.  They are obviously a better team than 4 points but my god are the naïve , and the clearly don't play to the final whistle .... shame cause its a lovely wee club

18 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

This is why I don't support 4th place making playoffs in a 10 team league. You could have just scraped a top half finish and have the same chance of promotion as the second placed side who are 30pts above you but missed the title on goal difference.

They should either revert back to the two up-two down system, or have 2nd v 9th (from above) in a playoff. SPL would be 2nd v 11th.

Anyone got a clip of Kyle's goal? Can't find anything on Youtube.

• 2 weeks later...