Scottish Football - The Pyramid System

shull

Kilwinning Rangers‏ @steadythebuffs 9h9 hours ago

More

Tonight we recieved the results of the SJFA pyramid questionnaire and the vote was 99 clubs in favour 55 against, this means the SJFA will look to join the pyramid at the end of next season

37 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:
2 hours ago, St.Ricky said:
Makes sense to me.

Scottish football and don't go hand in hand

Often true SantaPonsa but this seems like a small step forward in bringing various branches of football together in our small country.  It gives an opportunity for ambitious Junior clubs to grow beyond their present horizons for themselves and their fan Base.  It sure will make those at the present bottom end of our Senior Football League system nervous and maybe spark activity to improve.   I like the idea for these reasons.

Edited by St.Ricky

Presumably it would mean, when the govan side of the non Ireland all Ireland duo go bust again, they would slip to the bottom of the pyramid, ala snakes n ladders but without the ladders. More wishful thinking I suspect, prefer the disappear into a black hole version.

FFS

More the merrier I say............. lets have 10 leagues

Lets get the Boys Brigade teams and even better the Woman involved to

Hey we could have 6 Qualifying rounds for the Diddy Cup.................

We have been saying for ages, we are far to tribal in Scotland. A football pitch and a wee village ( Highland, Lowland and Juniors) and its a ticket to glory..... 

They have the Scottish Cup, make do with that, and have a bigger share to the teams that actually put back into the communities - Like eh St Mirren....

I think we should be reducing our Leagues not increasing.................... but what do I know, cause we are 27th in Europe and 60th in the World and our Best  League teams lose to Gibraltar , Luxembourg , Malta  and probably the Bass Rock if it was International..................

Scottish Football - no wonder we are a laughing stock

5 hours ago, chalky1 said:

Could be a good thing if the junior clubs can afford it

But that's the whole point Chalky- They cant. 2/3 Seasons ago Cove Rangers made it clear it would cost them 300k to gain "promotion"- they then threw the match against Montrose.

Its all very well for the SFA to have a Pyramid system, but they also have to have the means to support it. But I am sorry...... we have 2 teams in our top league that rarely get 2-3000, so whats the attraction.

Yes Scottish Cup by all means but not league we just don't have the infrastructure, means or support 

I don't know an awful lot about it but could they not have it similar to the way it works now (in other words not having anymore of a financial impact than they currently have at that league level) and the only issue would surely be when/ if a team got promoted to League 2? I'd probably have that level regionalised as well tbh but failing that maybe given them a better financial cushion so teams aren't put off promotion? Like I say I don't know a great deal about this. 

My main concern is that the SPFL use this as a backdoor for the Bigot brother Colt teams to get into the senior structure. 'Lets vote on putting the juniors in and part of that will be to allow Colts all the way up to League 1/ Championship level.' I might just be a bit paranoid but given how sneaky SPFL/ SFA are it wouldn't surprise me. 

1 hour ago, DougJamie said:

FFS

More the merrier I say............. lets have 10 leagues

Lets get the Boys Brigade teams and even better the Woman involved to

Hey we could have 6 Qualifying rounds for the Diddy Cup.................

We have been saying for ages, we are far to tribal in Scotland. A football pitch and a wee village ( Highland, Lowland and Juniors) and its a ticket to glory..... 

They have the Scottish Cup, make do with that, and have a bigger share to the teams that actually put back into the communities - Like eh St Mirren....

I think we should be reducing our Leagues not increasing.................... but what do I know, cause we are 27th in Europe and 60th in the World and our Best  League teams lose to Gibraltar , Luxembourg , Malta  and probably the Bass Rock if it was International..................

Scottish Football - no wonder we are a laughing stock

Who cares enough to laugh and why would they ? 

And why should we care what others think? 

Scottish Football is mad, mental and great. 

Just a couple of minor tweaks and it would really thrive. 

8 minutes ago, shull said:

Who cares enough to laugh and why would they ? 

And why should we care what others think? 

Scottish Football is mad, mental and great. 

Just a couple of minor tweaks and it would really thrive. 

In the land of Shull where small is big , where the Diddy Cup is more important than the Team.................... You should be an astronaut not a Taxi Driver ................ I am all for supporting your local team , but why do they all need a piece of a very small pie...............

Please mate, tell me ( :lol:) the minor tweeks .................. All the Think tanks  have mention major overhauls......

Edited by DougJamie

2 hours ago, DougJamie said:

But that's the whole point Chalky- They cant. 2/3 Seasons ago Cove Rangers made it clear it would cost them 300k to gain "promotion"- they then threw the match against Montrose.

Its all very well for the SFA to have a Pyramid system, but they also have to have the means to support it. But I am sorry...... we have 2 teams in our top league that rarely get 2-3000, so whats the attraction.

Yes Scottish Cup by all means but not league we just don't have the infrastructure, means or support 

I remember that, some of the junior clubs appear  to be run better than some of the lower division clubs, that was why I mentioned it could be good but only if they could afford it. I am also aware of Beith Juniors  a few year ago had quite a few x pro's playing for them, done well in the cup but almost went bust.

2 minutes ago, chalky1 said:

I remember that, some of the junior clubs appear  to be run better than some of the lower division clubs, that was why I mentioned it could be good but only if they could afford it. I am also aware of Beith Juniors  a few year ago had quite a few x pro's playing for them, done well in the cup but almost went bust.

No doubt they do, as Cowdenbeath are about to go to wall 137k in debt.........

That's great for Beith. Juniors have a part to play in our game as to Lowland and Highland, but why do they need to be in the National League structure? Its just another example of Scottish Quantity and very little Quality

I would make it regionalised below Championship level....... we cant support 42 clubs

I can see both sides of the argument. Junior football is just that, Junior football. A small local team that creates an identity for a small town.

As some know, I watch Kilwinning Rangers when im not watching St Mirren. For them to progress through a pyramid system they would have to spend about £200,000 to £300,000 on ground upgrading. Totally unaffordable for most league teams never mind a Junior club. However, a lot of Junior teams are more financially secure and better run than some teams in League 2 do why not give them the opportunity to progress?

1 hour ago, DougJamie said:

No doubt they do, as Cowdenbeath are about to go to wall 137k in debt.........

That's great for Beith. Juniors have a part to play in our game as to Lowland and Highland, but why do they need to be in the National League structure? Its just another example of Scottish Quantity and very little Quality

I would make it regionalised below Championship level....... we cant support 42 clubs

We don't support 42 Clubs.

Each Club support themselves.

We could have hundreds of Teams and many Divisions as long as the Clubs stay solvent. ( Part time & Amateur permitted )

And the smaller Clubs seem to do a better job than the major ones.

Tweaks ?

Sevco and Celtic booted out of Scottish Football and all Adult admission prices to be under £10 per match.

16 hours ago, shull said:

We don't support 42 Clubs.

Each Club support themselves.

We could have hundreds of Teams and many Divisions as long as the Clubs stay solvent. ( Part time & Amateur permitted )

And the smaller Clubs seem to do a better job than the major ones.

Tweaks ?

Sevco and Celtic booted out of Scottish Football and all Adult admission prices to be under £10 per match.

As much as we agree on the OF matter, you are flawed with the above.

We have Prize Money for every team in our Leagues ( 42 Teams)

The OF, do contribute, ie If Celtic get to CL stages next season, we will receive over 300k, also they do bring support ( as much as I hate them)

The smaller clubs are not going to do much for our game

And finally £10 a game?- are the Police, Stewarding , Catering, Employees and Players taking a Wage Cut I don't know about?

It's all about good housekeeping. 

And small Clubs are loved and cherished by their fans. 

They deserve their place in Scottish Football if they are good enough and solvent. 

Clubs should look after themselves and not rely on prizemoney from elsewhere. 

Anyway, give Clubs hunners more money and they just waste it on excessive wages on undeserving players. 

On ‎27‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 7:33 AM, shull said:

Kilwinning Rangers‏ @steadythebuffs 9h9 hours ago

More

Tonight we recieved the results of the SJFA pyramid questionnaire and the vote was 99 clubs in favour 55 against, this means the SJFA will look to join the pyramid at the end of next season

Johnstone Burgh in the Champions League - its a possibility now :-)

I think this is a great idea - if clubs want to make  (and can afford to make) the investment they will do so. Ambitious clubs will now have a higher level to aim for. Clubs that want to stay put will find ways to stay put.

Ambitions should never be curbed and opportunities should never be quashed............... BUT- Juniors in Senior Football. ?

Quality not Quantity....... As shown in the diddy cup its not really the SPFLs strength,,,,,,,,  

Clubs are already being starved to death, look at the Championship? Pars , no home games in 7 weeks, Falkirk giving up youth academy due to costs, Cappielow- well enuf said.....

We cant afford what we have, and I cant see Junior teams enhancing.  Ton get a QF at Tic and the ground is 25% full...............

Leagues 1 and 2 need to be regionalised ................. that way smaller clubs don't have to take such financial risks......... Of Course they could always penalise Sevco again so they can finance the lower leagues   

23 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Ambitions should never be curbed and opportunities should never be quashed............... BUT- Juniors in Senior Football. ?

Quality not Quantity....... As shown in the diddy cup its not really the SPFLs strength,,,,,,,,  

Clubs are already being starved to death, look at the Championship? Pars , no home games in 7 weeks, Falkirk giving up youth academy due to costs, Cappielow- well enuf said.....

We cant afford what we have, and I cant see Junior teams enhancing.  Ton get a QF at Tic and the ground is 25% full...............

Leagues 1 and 2 need to be regionalised ................. that way smaller clubs don't have to take such financial risks......... Of Course they could always penalise Sevco again so they can finance the lower leagues   

•  
  • DougJamie
  • Saints
  • 3,800 posts
  • Top Man:Alex Beckett

Ambitions should never be curbed and opportunities should never be quashed,    AGREE 

Quality not Quantity....... As shown in the diddy cup its not really the SPFLs strength,,,,,,,,                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      This cup provides interest for the clubs involved, a day out at a final if you are lucky (We weren't) and a chance of silverware. Keep It I say 

Spoiler

We cant afford what we have, and I cant see Junior teams enhancing.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Ton get a QF at Tic and the ground is 25% full...............

Spoiler

Point 1   Clubs have to work within the revenue they generate.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Point 2  I can't quite follow your logic but then I disagree on your basic premise (just my opinion)                                                                                                                                                                                               Point 3 Still a pile of cash for Morton - Would that we would have had that!

Leagues 1 and 2 need to be regionalised ................. that way smaller clubs don't have to take such financial risks                                                                                                                                                                       You have a point here.