Gold Coast Commonwealth Games 2018

shull

Absolutely gutting, he's a Buddie too.

I used to run with him in the U13s and U15s level for Kilbarchan, he was clearly a cut above the rest as he dominated every race, but he never let it get to his head, always friendly with everyone. Very sad to see this happen so close to the finish. Hopefully his recovery is quick and successful.

Absolutely gutting, he's a Buddie too.
I used to run with him in the U13s and U15s level for Kilbarchan, he was clearly a cut above the rest as he dominated every race, but he never let it get to his head, always friendly with everyone. Very sad to see this happen so close to the finish. Hopefully his recovery is quick and successful.

It’s such a shame as he had that race in his pocket with just over a mile to go. A two minute lead. It was really cruel how that played out.
Good luck to him. I’m sure he’ll get over this, hope so.

3 hours ago, Seaside Nipper said:

It’s such a shame as he had that race in his pocket with just over a mile to go. A two minute lead. It was really cruel how that played out.

He'll be back but now it's a question of can he do it in 4 years time? Opportunities to compete for Scotland instead of Britain are very limited, it be such a shame if he doesn't do the job under the Scottish tag.

Guest TPAFKATS

Awful for the guy but could've been much worse as he hit his head on the way down. Hope he's on the mend with no permanent effects.

Disgrace that it took about 15 min to get paramedics.
Also instead of going to his help, most nearby just filmed him, including a race official.
People are dicks.

On 15/04/2018 at 6:12 PM, TPAFKATS said:

Awful for the guy but could've been much worse as he hit his head on the way down. Hope he's on the mend with no permanent effects.

Disgrace that it took about 15 min to get paramedics.
Also instead of going to his help, most nearby just filmed him, including a race official.
People are dicks.

They aren't really.

I imagine most athletes would want to beat the crap out of anyone trying to "help" them as it would bring about instant disqualification.

I was watching the race live when it happened, felt sick to my stomach, the clips on the news channels don't show the whole incident,  was awful to watch,  the BBC actually apologised to viewers for the upsetting scenes, Steve Cram was raging, the female presenter with him am guessing must have left the commentator studio and no wonder, 

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/04/2018 at 8:27 PM, oaksoft said:

They aren't really.

I imagine most athletes would want to beat the crap out of anyone trying to "help" them as it would bring about instant disqualification.

The Scottish athlete involved completely disproves your' view. 

You really are in a weird world of your own. 

Edited by faraway saint

On Sunday, April 15, 2018 at 11:17 AM, Seaside Nipper said:

That's all you can say. The furore over helping and disqualification sums up the dilemma of those on the spot. Clear guidelines should be issued for futute events.

Taking so long for help to arrive, once summoned is a different issue that needs to be investigated.