Interstadia and Tickets

This thread might be high brow enough for Shull. Then again it might bore him.

If your using a chrome browser click on the i button, next to the web address of this site. If flash is enabled, "Not Secure" is beside it and it gives you a big warning about using Flash. It's not an issue on this site. Stealing my B+W password is not going to get anyone rich.

BUT
Interstadia – Websites who sell St Mirren Tickets on behalf of the Club

Why do so many football clubs employ what looks like third rate developers who still rely on outdated Flash to sell tickets. Just a question maybe there is a reason.

Adobe Flash has been disabled by most browsers because it is a security threat and most browsers on which flash is enabled will tell you it is not secure. Just google, flash vulnerabilities and the list is endless. Hackers everywhere are exploiting it to steal info and access computers.

Most browsers have disabled it but on the St Mirren ticket site interstadia give you instructions on how to enable it so they can sell you a ticket thus exposing your credit card details to the world because they have not yet caught up with modern security risks and are too lazy or cheap to code the site properly.  Maybe they don't know how to do it. It would be good if they could reassure us they know what they are doing and why they still use it.

I hope interstadia and St Mirren get their act together for next season before St Mirren get hacked and everyones credit card’s get bumped.  Did Hamilton not get stung recently. Football clubs are a target.

image.jpeg.bbdcbb53ce3e4d02c083a08fae202edc.jpegImage result for flash vulnerability

Get into the 21st Century St Mirren

Get On your way 

Edited by East Lothian Saint
Enabling flash

Don't entirely understand what you are on about but I greatly appreciate your advice.

May I suggest that you put that technical stuff in an e-mail and send it to the fans council?

This is the kind of thing they can take up with the club.  Good show old boy, good show indeed.

Would be interesting to hear Div’s take on it. His business is website design, pretty sure high on his list of priorities when designing websites are payment security measures for his clients.

I have had issues in the past simply trying to use the St Mirren online ticketing system. It is user unfriendly, has an unweildy interface, is difficult to navigate, and frankly strikes me as being an amateurish pile of utter shite.

Just my opinion.

Edited by pozbaird

29 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Would be interesting to hear Div’s take on it. His business is website design, pretty sure high on his list of priorities when designing websites are payment security measures for his clients.

I have had issues in the past simply trying to use the St Mirren online ticketing system. It is user unfriendly, has an unweildy interface, is difficult to navigate, and frankly strikes me as being an amateurish pile of utter shite.

Just my opinion.

I agree trying to buy tickets online can be nightmare. Buying tickets for yourself is straight forward but adding family, friends, etc can be difficult unless buying full price tickets.

Anyone who can access the site can do so, either because their browser has not been updated since Flash was in vogue or they are technically proficient enough ton disable the security protections put in place by up to date browsers. Even when you can access it, it still throws up anomalies depending on what user, never mind browser you  are logged into. 

I'm guessing maybe interstadia  offer different packages to clubs and our site is cheap and nasty but that might not be the case. Maybe they are third rate but if the site was slicker and not reliant on Flash meaning it would function as securely as possible on every browser it would be more appealing.

A descent easy to use, secure site may increase ticket sales.

Div's take would be interesting

Edited by East Lothian Saint

The biggest problem I find is after putting my tickets in the basket, the dropdown option only allows me to pick them up from the ticket office? As I don't stay in Paisley this totally negates the whole process of buying online for me.

I now just phone the ticket office, where they are very helpful, and they pop them in the post for me.

7 minutes ago, party politics said:

The biggest problem I find is after putting my tickets in the basket, the dropdown option only allows me to pick them up from the ticket office? As I don't stay in Paisley this totally negates the whole process of buying online for me.

I now just phone the ticket office, where they are very helpful, and they pop them in the post for me.

Party Politics- suitable name tag for this thread

I think mine by default is set to Post. It may be that it is set by who puts you in the system. Despite her registering as a student with St Mirren ,when I try to buy tickets for my daughter on my account I cant use this drop down option for my daughter. If she logs on we can select the option but it doesn't let her submit payment details so we usually have to phone the ticket office Too.

It's shambolic.

39 minutes ago, party politics said:

Think there may be a time limit for posting to allow for delivery.   For home games, I mostly purchase online.  Get to choose seats and pick up tickets at ground.

Had purchased for one game well in advanced and they were automatically posted out.

Away games different story admittedly.  

Edited by pod

I too struggled with the online booking system when attempting to buy tickets for Dundee Utd away. Phoned the ticket office and they were very helpful and stuck them in the post. Not ideal but will just phone to book tickets from now on.

2 hours ago, pod said:

Think there may be a time limit for posting to allow for delivery.   For home games, I mostly purchase online.  Get to choose seats and pick up tickets at ground.

Had purchased for one game well in advanced and they were automatically posted out.

Away games different story admittedly.  

Sorry Pod I should have explained better in my post. I have a ST so only use the online facility to purchase away tickets,  I appreciate there will be time limits from the club in posting out, but yesterday I tried to buy tickets for 10 days in advance (Brechin game) and was met with only the "pick up from ticket office" option.

Hopefully the online ticketing system is something the club will be looking at over the summer months, as the OP has outlined it seems a bit hit and miss at the moment, and we should be making it as easy as possible for our support to organise the purchase of their tickets.

9 hours ago, Buddymarvellous said:

Totally agree - I use my Ipad for most things but if I need to pick a seat I need to dig out my old PC and log in to be able to see seating availabilty - prehistoric in IT terms

Must be an age thing because I couldn't even find the seating availability the last time I tried.:huh:

9 hours ago, Buddymarvellous said:

Totally agree - I use my Ipad for most things but if I need to pick a seat I need to dig out my old PC and log in to be able to see seating availabilty - prehistoric in IT terms

11 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Must be an age thing because I couldn't even find the seating availability the last time I tried.:huh:

Same as me last night trying to buy a M****n ticket.....:angry:

Imac or IPad no worky.

I get to the  payment page and there's a big Interstadia logo along the bottom and no submit button (using Chrome) 

It was like this last month, every time I tell the ticket office about a problem with the site they say they will pass on but nothing changes.

Wonder how many people who have not been to a game for ages or live far away are trying to use the site and are just giving up - very frustrating. 

Why is the club’s online ticket service still in such a state? It’s not like they are unaware of it being, let’s say, substandard. In this day and age, people do a lot of transactions online. Flights, holidays, hotels, buying all sorts fom Amazon. We are able to carry out complex transactions  online securely and the websites we use to do these transactions work properly.

Shambles.

Edited by pozbaird

Even Adobe have told users to stop using Flash.

https://theblog.adobe.com/flash-html5-and-open-web-standards/

For the club to have been made aware of this issue so long ago and, even more astonishingly, that so many organisations are till paying Interstadia beggars belief.

To not be using HTML5 is just plain lazy.

17 hours ago, pik said:

I get to the  payment page and there's a big Interstadia logo along the bottom and no submit button (using Chrome) 

It was like this last month, every time I tell the ticket office about a problem with the site they say they will pass on but nothing changes.

Wonder how many people who have not been to a game for ages or live far away are trying to use the site and are just giving up - very frustrating. 

That's exactly the problem I had. Phoned the ticket office and they said there were others having this problem so why is the issue not being sorted. That being said the lady I spoke to was helpful and my Morton ticket should be in the post to me and you don't pay the £1 online booking fee

1 hour ago, Gosport Buddie said:

That's exactly the problem I had. Phoned the ticket office and they said there were others having this problem so why is the issue not being sorted. That being said the lady I spoke to was helpful and my Morton ticket should be in the post to me and you don't pay the £1 online booking fee

Just the £1.50 for postage. :rolleyes: