Attendances in the Championship

Some great Stats are available showing the Minimum, Average and Maximum Attendances for all of the teams in the Championship. 

Our 3 Upcoming Home Games should Boost our Average and I hope (think) set new Maximums.

All matches Average attendances Minimum attendances Maximum attendances
  Average Attendance
1 Dundee United   5,655
2 Dunfermline Athletic   5,331
3 Falkirk   4,564
4 St Mirren   4,247
5 Inverness Caledonian Thistle   2,365
6 Greenock Morton   2,088
7 Queen of the South   1,493
8 Livingston   1,447
9 Dumbarton   875
10 Brechin City  

The fans who have turned up this season can be proud of their team and the support they have given them especially at away matches.

However with a population base of 176,000 in Renfrewshire, it could be argued that the greater Paisley area does not deserve St Mirren.

The Buddie Buoys and the Buddie Bears are a strange sectarian breed.

3 hours ago, northstbuddie said:

The fans who have turned up this season can be proud of their team and the support they have given them especially at away matches.

However with a population base of 176,000 in Renfrewshire, it could be argued that the greater Paisley area does not deserve St Mirren.

The Buddie Buoys and the Buddie Bears are a strange sectarian breed.

Difficult to disagree but filling the ground for our final 3 home games would I hope - A. Set a new record attendance figure. B Take our average gate to over 5,000 for the season.

Edited by St.Ricky

2 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

There's been some dubiety expressed about the figures for Dunfermline & Falkirk on other threads but they go to show the benefit of having teams from the same part of the country in your division for attendances. That's why I'd like to see Morton come up in the play-offs and have Dundee & Ross County relegated.

I understand what you are saying but despite having us in the League their average attendances are still pish . As far as going up to the top flight is concerned , I think as previously discussed , their shit hole of a "stadium" wouldn't make it as far as the standards expected in the Premier are concerned and possible H&S concerns. .

ETA ; yeah the Dunfermline and Falkirk stats certainly don't stack up going by the crowds I have seen at those venues. .

Edited by saintnextlifetime

2 minutes ago, saintnextlifetime said:

I understand what you are saying but despite having us in the League their average attendances are still pish . As far as going up to the top flight is concerned , I think as previously discussed , their shit hole of a "stadium" wouldn't make it as far as the standards expected in the Premier are concerned and possible H&S concerns. .

I'm sure when they reached the play-offs last season it was established that Cappielow was compliant - all that is now required is a capacity of 6,000 which can be made up of seats & safe standing. 

22 minutes ago, renfrew said:

It is thanks to the saints away fans that have gave plenty of the other teams their biggest gate of the season. Championship teams are going to miss us next season for our £££££££££££££££

Indeed. Whoever replaces us won't take half as many supporters to away games. Big financial hit.

51 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Difficult to disagree but filing the ground for our final 3 home games would I hope - A. Set a new record attendance figure. B Take our average gate to over 5,000 for the season.

It would take three total sellouts to take the average to 5k. We have never got close to one sell out before. Would be nice to think we could do it but highly unlikely. I'd be surprised to top 7000 at any of them unfortunately.

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

It would take three total sellouts to take the average to 5k. We have never got close to one sell out before. Would be nice to think we could do it but highly unlikely. I'd be surprised to top 7000 at any of them unfortunately.

Agree with this and that's generous I think the trophy game with Morton being around 5,500. 

Our away support has been amazing this season unfortunately our home attendances have been poor despite our success and style of play . North st buddie is right the size of paisley and neighbouring towns and this is all we get sickens you. When we win the league they will all be out about town though kidding on they are buddies fans

8 minutes ago, bender rodriguez said:

Our away support has been amazing this season unfortunately our home attendances have been poor despite our success and style of play . North st buddie is right the size of paisley and neighbouring towns and this is all we get sickens you. When we win the league they will all be out about town though kidding on they are buddies fans

I get the frustration but been discussed plenty times.  Not just down to the OF, although that's a major factor.

People are simply not as interested in football these days. Too many alternatives although sustained success could see a slight rise nothing to get too excited about.

The people who run the club will be well aware that our current attendances are about as good as it'll get and run the club on the current numbers.  

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

I get the frustration but been discussed plenty times.  Not just down to the OF, although that's a major factor.

People are simply not as interested in football these days. Too many alternatives although sustained success could see a slight rise nothing to get too excited about.

The people who run the club will be well aware that our current attendances are about as good as it'll get and run the club on the current numbers.  

You won't be too surprised if I take a different view Faraway. A 15% Increase in the number of home fans is doable in my opinion. Said before that the success of the club in getting to the top league plus the attraction of seeing top players and teams in action together with pricing packages and incentives could see both the West and Main Stands almost sold out in season tickets. Keeping a flexible seating area apart in the West Stand would also help with one off ticket sales when bigger teams come to town. Away supports will also be substantially larger. 

I do fully agree that there are many more opportunities for people when it comes to recreation than in the past. Changes in how couples and families interact also has an impact on buying decisions. Family friendly strategies will be increasingly important as the old male dominated Model shows its limitations.

Feel free to disagree. 

10 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

You won't be too surprised if I take a different view Faraway. A 15% Increase in the number of home fans is doable in my opinion. Said before that the success of the club in getting to the top league plus the attraction of seeing top players and teams in action together with pricing packages and incentives could see both the West and Main Stands almost sold out in season tickets. Keeping a flexible seating area apart in the West Stand would also help with one off ticket sales when bigger teams come to town. Away supports will also be substantially larger. 

I do fully agree that there are many more opportunities for people when it comes to recreation than in the past. Changes in how couples and families interact also has an impact on buying decisions. Family friendly strategies will be increasingly important as the old male dominated Model shows its limitations.

Feel free to disagree. 

You can dream all you like and come up with as many schemes as possible,  the numbers, and this isn't opinion,  are not there, a bit like you. <_<

Faraway.

I am there......every week.

In 2016/2017

Our crowds averaged 3,599

In 2017/2018

Our crowds have averaged 4,247

So above 15% increase.

So why not over 5,000 next season?

I find no fault in your not being there. 

But...changing the habits of those with a genuine interest in the club and have them come along will also be important.

I guess you are not ready to prioritise doing that. That's your prerogative 

But ......What would persuade you to come along?

Edited by St.Ricky

10 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Faraway.

I am there......every week.

I find no fault in your not being there. 

But...changing the habits of those with a genuine interest in the club and have them come along will also be important.

I guess you are not ready to prioritise doing that.

What would persuade you to come along?

Let's see what happens.

You mentioned a figure of 15% earlier. This, in most businesses, would be a dramatic increase in custom.  

Your earlier "ideas" would only improve things for existing customers,  not bring in anything like this 15%.

Football is football, not too much you can change and attract new customers. 

As for me, told you before,  feck all to do with you. 

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

You mentioned a figure of 15% earlier. This, in most businesses, would be a dramatic increase in custom.  

Your earlier "ideas" would only improve things for existing customers,  not bring in anything like this 15%.

Look at the change in the past year. This is factual.  Consider that away support is likely to rise by a minimum of 500 per game. 

As for "you" I am asking for ideas ...do you have any ?

4 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

A successful St Mirren in the top division would attract more than 5000 fans  just as we do for cup semis and finals. Its trying to keep the interest of the fairweather fans enough to come along every 2nd week that poses the problem.