The Craig Samson Testimonial Thread

On request.

I’m sure every right thinking Saints fan will agree that the Ginger Ninja needs a testimonial.

This is a legend who’s made well over 100 appearances for the football club, played a pivotal role in us winning a major title at Hampden, made the Scotland squad while here, been an essential member of the team who achieved our highest league position since the 80’s and been a vital part of us winning the league this season.

If that doesn’t deserve a testimonial, what does?

He’s certainly the best goalie I’ve ever seen at the club. At 33, he should have at least 3 more years at this level. Let’s all hope those years are at St Mirren.

1 minute ago, TopCat said:

On request.

I’m sure every right thinking Saints fan will agree that the Ginger Ninja needs a testimonial.

This is a legend who’s made well over 100 appearances for the football club, played a pivotal role in us winning a major title at Hampden, made the Scotland squad while here, been an essential member of the team who achieved our highest league position since the 80’s and been a vital part of us winning the league this season.

He’s certainly the best goalie I’ve ever seen at the club. At 33, he should have at least 3 more years at this level. Let’s all hope those years are at St Mirren.

Great idea.  :D

On request.

Nah.

As well as Samson has done for us, testimonials are given to reward loyalty and years of service, not performance.

Testimonials are daft.

Samson is having a great time playing for Saints just now. Anyone at the game today could see that. I'm assuming he isn't on poverty wages, so will be getting by just fine.

Absolutely no need for a contrived game in front of about 800 people to mark his contribution to the club.

11 hours ago, TopCat said:

On request.

Murray's testimonial was a embarrassment given the low crowd that turned up and that was against Derby. I'm not against a testimonial but if the last one was anything to go by then NO. Derby did not come up for nothing Murray would have got very little out the pot. 

No professional Football player should get a Testimonial.

Only the long suffering fans should get one.

The Club could get a Manchester United, Real Madrid, Juventus, etc to play at Greenhill Road as a major thanks to the supporters who have faithfully followed the Team over the years.

Free entry to all ( Season Ticket Holders. regular pay at the gate fans and others to make up the capacity of Stadium )

St Mirren Supporters Are The Real Deserving Dudes.

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/04/2018 at 9:05 AM, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Murray's testimonial was a embarrassment given the low crowd that turned up and that was against Derby. I'm not against a testimonial but if the last one was anything to go by then NO. Derby did not come up for nothing Murray would have got very little out the pot. 

Murray also had a sold-out 6s tourney at Braehead and dinners, golf day etc. Pretty sure Chick Young was instrumental in his testimonial year, and Hugh Murray enjoyed the benefit of a range of events, not just the match v Derby.

10 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Murray also had a sold-out 6s tourney at Braehead and dinners, golf day etc. Pretty sure Chick Young was instrumental in his testimonial year, and Hugh Murray enjoyed the benefit of a range of events, not just the match v Derby.

The big pay day for Murray was his testimonial football match will never forget the look on Murray's face as he ran out the tunnel holding his kid's hand you could see  disappointment in Murry's face. It was a terrible night for Murray no game of golf , 5's , dinner is going to bring in a pay day like a testimonial match fact is for whatever reason the black and white army did not turn up that night I would be surprised if it covered the cost of bringing  Derby to town.

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

2 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

The big pay day for Murray was his testimonial football match will never forget the look on Murray's face as he ran out the tunnel holding his kid's hand you could see  disappointment in Murry's face. It was a terrible night for Murray no game of golf , 5's , dinner is going to bring in a pay day like a testimonial match fact is for whatever reason the black and white army did not turn up that night I would be surprised if it covered the cost of bringing  Derby to town.

Are we sure there was a cost involved in a testimonial game involving a team who (from memory) were looking for a game anyway due to having a free week? I don’t know, just wondering out loud.

7 minutes ago, Kemp said:

What was the attendance?

800, announced as 126, with a special thanks to the 3 Derby County fans, and thanks to the St Mirren fans for your continued support. I stood and counted....there were never 10,085 empty seats that night. Disgraceful gerrymandering.