Saint Mirren V Livingston 14 April

St.Ricky

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

Not sold out then? :lol:

Saints occupied the main stand, South stand and West stand plus a section of the North stand. 

I'll leave it to you to do the arithmetic Faraway. 

Pre Brechin game I had predicted 6250.

12 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Not sold out then? 

Lol. Nit Picker 

I was in the West Stand... No spaces there.

Main Stand.... No spaces there. 

SouthStand.... No spaces there. 

North Stand tickets were sold to Saints Fans.... Estimate 150-200

North Stand around 270 Livvi Fans. 

No more that I can (will) say. 

new-stadium-1.jpg

Edited by St.Ricky

I have to admit to heaving a great sigh of relief when McKenzie blocked that Hardy effort near the end. It would have been the "St. Mirren way" in past years to lose it at the death. We deserved more than the draw but We Are The Champions my friends. The Champions indeed, as someone on here might have said.

1 minute ago, stlucifer said:

I have to admit to heaving a great sigh of relief when McKenzie blocked that Hardy effort near the end. It would have been the "St. Mirren way" in past years to lose it at the death. We deserved more than the draw but We Are The Champions my friends. The Champions indeed, as someone on here might have said.

Who? :rolleyes:

Reasonably comfortable point to wrap things up. We threatened them, they rarely threatened us. Applauds to McGinn, clearly, no-where near full fitness, hirpled through the game manfully.

Have to say though, the pitch invasion disgusted me. Not one basturt’ wearing Adidas Sambas. Shameful.

Champions, and deservedly so. Hopefully, instead of disappearing up our own arses now, instead, we relax and administer the ritual pumping to Morton, and give Alex Smith a rousing reception at both games against Falkirk.

Easy the Mirren.

You know when Your team are Champions when yer Pug is waiting for you to come home .... god love my two Great Danes who are no longer here! That’s was Saint and Mirrren ! To every Buddie across the globe Enjoy your night... cheers Winston for the perfect resception .... home safe let’s party! 

F5336E2F-CBCA-477C-94A5-58ED8BD5D218.jpeg

1 hour ago, the barrhead teacher said:

Well done saints job done. Game was a bit of an anticlimax overall. We struggled to impose ourselves on Livingston who were less nervous and quicker to react. Draw was probably right result today. I felt a bit flat at the end, possibly due to the inevitability of winning the league and the way the game went. Jack Ross interviewed on BBC intimated a similar perspective saying last seasons escape felt more elated. However pressure to see it out evident from his comments. Here's hoping we can turn on style next two games and not allow Morton to spoil party next Saturday

That pretty much sums the game up , the Hammer Throwers used their power to stop us , ball on the deck using all our pace especially on the counter may have done the trick but in the end it didn't matter . The fat lady has now sung and Jack Ross was lifted into the air by his players. .

Let's get this party started !!! Fck yes!

To be honest - the celebrations were the highlight of the day and well done to all the players and coaching staff over the season.

It has been a momentous 15 months or so.

From the greatest ever escape last season to stumbling over the line to the Championship this season.

However, we will have to strengthen for next season. While we did threaten Livi in front of goal especially in the second half, we were regularly outplayed by them in the middle of the park.

We persisted in heady 'keepy upy' for long stretches of this match despite the fact we have one of the smallest forward lines in the Championship. We regularly lost out on 50-50 situations and we will pay for this in the top flight next season unless we address this "shortfall".

McGinn and Magennis helped us to salvage a point along with McKenzie, but this performance did not make for pretty viewing.

2 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

To be honest - the celebrations were the highlight of the day and well done to all the players and coaching staff over the season.

It has been a momentous 15 months or so.

From the greatest ever escape last season to stumbling over the line to the Championship this season.

However, we will have to strengthen for next season. While we did threaten Livi in front of goal especially in the second half, we were regularly outplayed by them in the middle of the park.

We persisted in heady 'keepy upy' for long stretches of this match despite the fact we have one of the smallest forward lines in the Championship. We regularly lost out on 50-50 situations and we will pay for this in the top flight next season unless we address this "shortfall".

McGinn and Magennis helped us to salvage a point along with McKenzie, but this performance did not make for pretty viewing.

Pretty it wasn't. Effective it was. Jack Ross already acknowledged on air that we need to add taller players for next season.  Good shout but we'll done the wee men as well as the big this season.

3 hours ago, Franny Fat said:

aye ma setterdays f**ked noo, nae buddie vision commentator pies announced and nae dads army on bbc twa tonight. :angry:

The brilliant Dads Army on Monday to Friday night on UK Gold. :)

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

Saints had three stands plus a section of the North Stand. 

"Official" crowd given as around 6200

Plenty empty seats on family stand towards the main stand, Panda club section. West stand also has pockets of empty seats all over, particularly in W1 and W5. 

These stands may have been “sold out” but certainly not full. 

Anyway, back to the game. 

Great day, glad we got it done and dusted today. We were the better team but as long as it was 0-0 it was going to be a nervy end to the game.  

Gary Mac was fantastic, great shift and great to see him back at his best. 

But McGinn was captain fantastic today. Playing through injury and putting himself about all over the park. When he jockeyed the ball out of play in the last 10 minutes really summed his performance up, what a captain. 

7 minutes ago, davidg said:

Plenty empty seats on family stand towards the main stand, Panda club section. West stand also has pockets of empty seats all over, particularly in W1 and W5. 

These stands may have been “sold out” but certainly not full. 

I'd guess there were 700-800 empty seats in the away end - Livi had 230 supporters or so and I'm guessing about 200 St Mirren fans in there as well. Not sure there was over 1000 empty seats in the 3 home stands, although I suppose once you spread out 300 empty seats over a stand its possible... even then you are talking about the family stand only being 75% full. Looked about 50 seats in beside the Panda Club and maybe a similar number in front rows of W5-7.

3 hours ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

I'd guess there were 700-800 empty seats in the away end - Livi had 230 supporters or so and I'm guessing about 200 St Mirren fans in there as well. Not sure there was over 1000 empty seats in the 3 home stands, although I suppose once you spread out 300 empty seats over a stand its possible... even then you are talking about the family stand only being 75% full. Looked about 50 seats in beside the Panda Club and maybe a similar number in front rows of W5-7.

You need to go over your math again. 

1600- 430 doesn’t = 700-800. 

Amazes me to think people genuinely believe that we can cheat attendance figures inside an all ticket stadium with a barcode entry turnstile system. 

Edited by davidg

5 minutes ago, davidg said:

You need to go over your math again. 

1600- 430 doesn’t = 700-800. 

Amazes me to think people genuinely think that we can cheat attendance figures inside an all ticket stadium with a barcode entry turnstile system. 

Aye, a remnant from the past I'm afraid.

Some people just can't let it go.