Saint Mirren V Livingston 14 April

St.Ricky

Nervous during the game but looking back Sammy never had a save to make. Livey actually did turn up and looked happy to  take a point.  We were comfortable through out and with a bit of composure we could have easy won that 2-3 nil. 

No harm to Mullen but we looked way better when Reilly came on. Cammy was a bit below par but even so scrapped away. Hippo looked good when came on. 

Champions 

18 minutes ago, Stu said:

Crap game but who the f**k cares about that? Reminded me a bit of the last game at Love Street - get through the afternoon without getting beaten and let the partying begin :cheers

Didn't think the game was that bad. Doesn't really matter though, got the point we needed and pretty comfortably too. :D

13 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Didn't think the game was that bad. Doesn't really matter though, got the point we needed and pretty comfortably too. :D

Got to give credit to Livvi. They played to their strengths. It wasnt the silkiest foitball match I have seen but both teams gained an important point. Clinched the title for Saints and kept Livvi in second place. I thought Danny Mullan put in a great shift before going off. Never gave the Livvi defence a moments peace. Big Gary cleared his lines. Ginto had some great moments and Stephen McGinn sprayed some good passes around and controlled play later in the game.

Not the best of games, but we did more than enough prior to today to allow us the luxury of a 0-0 to get us over the line. There can’t have been many more 0-0 results celebrated with such gusto.

Players saluting the fans and vice versa at the end was the highlight for me. Although Jack’s thanks to all walking round afterwards probably pipped it.

Even listening to his and then Tony’s interview on Radio Scotland on the way home added to the day. There does seem to be a bond there and hopefully in can continue to grow...top 4 or maybe even winning the top league and I would take Jack over Brendon any day of the week...what a man Tony Fitz is - Mr Saint Mirren indeed.

Stelios time wasting on three separate occasions as an unused sub was also pretty funny to see for anyone in the Westbank who may have missed it.

Have a safe night everyone, here’s hoping the feel good factor lasts...

COYS

5 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Lol. Nit Picker 

I was in the West Stand... No spaces there.

Main Stand.... No spaces there. 

SouthStand.... No spaces there. 

North Stand tickets were sold to Saints Fans.... Estimate 150-200

North Stand around 270 Livvi Fans. 

No more that I can (will) say. 

new-stadium-1.jpg

I have no desire to get between you and faraway but, from my seat in W1, I counted in front of me at least 40 empty seats in my area and I am in the 1st row against the partition. I could also see a dozen plus seats in front of the police box in the main stand. Plenty of seats also along the front of the south stand. Suggest you visit the ref website for spec savers  :rolleyes:

4 minutes ago, renfrew said:

I have no desire to get between you and faraway but, from my seat in W1, I counted in front of me at least 40 empty seats in my area and I am in the 1st row against the partition. I could also see a dozen plus seats in front of the police box in the main stand. Plenty of seats also along the front of the south stand. Suggest you visit the ref website for spec savers  :rolleyes:

Who gives a fluck, we're on our way .

8 hours ago, renfrew said:

It's not his eyes that need tested, it's more his head. :rolleyes:

Not a great game by any means, but perhaps not as bad as we might think. We were in control throughout and, if Morgan's first-half shot had gone in as it deserved to, we might have been judging the game quite differently. Thought Gary Mackenzie was excellent. Seemed to get every high ball the Livi players threw towards our box.

Winning cups is great, but they are one-offs. There is nothing as satisfying as the excitement and enjoyment of seeing the team play to a very high standard throughout a whole season. Congratulations and huge thanks to JR, JF and the players for their efforts in keeping us up last season and giving us such a fantastic time this season. It will live long in the memory.

Another excellent post-match summary by JR, though he couldn't keep the smile off his face this time, and good to put a face to the voice behind the microphone. Well done, Jimbo!

Looking forward to a summer of speculation about JR's future (he WILL stay, won't he?) and seeing which players he will bring in for our Premiership campaign. 

COYS!!

1 hour ago, Singapore Saint said:

Anyone see the Chairman yesterday? Hope he enjoyed it - deserves a huge amount of credit imo for backing Jack emoji106.png

Gordon was in the Bankhouse last night. He looked every bit a happy and satisfied man. I grabbed a quick chat with him, but was a bit pished so was just slabbering shite. Happy shite, though:)

Huge credit to the players and management team for coming to the pub to celebrate with the supporters last night. That was undoubtedly the highlight of the day. They were absolutely brilliant, and the reception each of them received as they arrived was outstanding. The place was rocking!

The match itself was a bit of a fraught affair, but we never looked like losing it. The result was all that mattered, and I'll happily take a shitfest to clinch a title.

Feeling a bit rough, this morning:lol:

19 minutes ago, Drew said:

Gordon was in the Bankhouse last night. He looked every bit a happy and satisfied man. I grabbed a quick chat with him, but was a bit pished so was just slabbering shite. Happy shite, though:)

Huge credit to the players and management team for coming to the pub to celebrate with the supporters last night. That was undoubtedly the highlight of the day. They were absolutely brilliant, and the reception each of them received as they arrived was outstanding. The place was rocking!

The match itself was a bit of a fraught affair, but we never looked like losing it. The result was all that mattered, and I'll happily take a shitfest to clinch a title.

Feeling a bit rough, this morning:lol:

We didn't even try to get in there since we knew it would be jumping as it is the pub to go to after a special game. Shame the old Hole in the Wall pub is no more since the space outside helped to make a good street party with the Argyll  :cheers   The owner of the Court Bar had a black and white strip suit on :lol:  and it was brilliant. I'm sure someone will have his picture on here soon.

11 hours ago, renfrew said:

Lol.

It was a great day with a big crowd. Loved it. I was in W2 where I normally sit and my potential need to visit Spec savers aside I saw no blocks of empty seats in the Family, Main or West Stand but happy to concede to others who did. (After all Nelson reputedly saw no ships at the battle of Trafalgar).I'm sure the worst they might be accusing me of is poor eyesight or being misguided in my intentions or maybe some kind of party pooper.whoch I am not. I hope the party continues on Tuesday when I am back to see the Falkirk game.

I'm not suggesting that the club was "at it" in any way. I was / am pondering how stands and/or sections marked as sold our on the website and notified to fans as such might then come to have the number of spaces the attendance figures suggest and you report.  

Assuming  the attendance figures collected by the automatic computerised entry system are correct then my main point is that somehow we might have missed out on people attending through advising potential customers that the three stands were sold out. I.E. Some fans may not have managed to buy tickets,particularly those who live away from Paisley. I applaud the club for making the decision to allow segregated sharing of the north Stand.

Not putting this out there to be a smart ass. Our ticket system is improving but it may be that it and the system of communication could still be improved ahead of potentially/likely higher demand for seats next season. 

Edited by St.Ricky