Saint Mirren V Livingston 14 April

St.Ricky

I was at the ticket office at 2:35 for a ticket for the Falkirk Away game yesterday and they were telling people that all the Home stands had sold out but they were allowing Home support into the North Stand.

And no idea why but there were about 8 seats around me in W3 that are season ticket seats that were all empty.

38 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Lol.

It was a great day with a big crowd. Loved it. I was in W2 where I normally sit and my potential need to visit Spec savers aside I saw no blocks of empty seats in the Family, Main or West Stand but happy to concede to others who did. (After all Nelson reputedly saw no ships at the battle of Trafalgar).I'm sure the worst they might be accusing me of is poor eyesight or being misguided in my intentions or maybe some kind of party pooper.whoch I am not. I hope the party continues on Tuesday when I am back to see the Falkirk game.

I'm not suggesting that the club9 was "at it" in any way. I was / am pondering how stands and/or sections marked as sold our on the website and notified to fans as such might then come to have the number of spaces the attendance figures suggest and you report.  

Assuming  the attendance figures collected by the automatic computerised entry system are correct then my main point is that somehow we might have missed out on people attending through advising potential customers that the three stands were sold out. I.E. Some fans may not have managed to buy tickets,particularly those who live away from Paisley. I applaud the club for making the decision to allow segregated sharing of the north Stand.

Not putting this out there to be a smart ass. Our ticket system is improving but it may be that it and the system of communication could still be improved ahead of potentially/likely higher demand for seats next season. 

There were loads of empty seats in the Main Stand. You could see groups of empty white seats and plenty along the front rows.

Just because tickets are sold doesn't mean everyone is going to turn up. Out of 6,000 plus people, a fair amount are going to be sick, have to work unexpectedly etc etc and so won't come.

Edited by Thorizaar

1 minute ago, Thorizaar said:

There were loads of empty seats in the Main Stand. You could see groups of empty white seats and plenty along the front rows.

Just because tickets are sold doesn't mean everyone is going to turn up. Out of 6,000 plus people, a fair amount are going to be sick, have to work unexpectedly etc etc and so won't come.

A good many of these were season ticket holders.

Erm, to the game itself................................

After the early Morgan effort it was all a bit low key with Livi slowing the game down from within the first 10 minutes. For a big physical team prepared to dish it out they went to ground easily and played dead,

We were always the team more likely to score but as we got to the final 10 minutes it became a bit nervy until ET when we camped in their half to see the game out.

It's a squad game these days so let's hear it for everyone from Jack Ross down to the unused subs like Ross Stewart, maybe he'll get an outing in one of the remaining matches! :clapping

I was at the ticket office at 2:35 for a ticket for the Falkirk Away game yesterday and they were telling people that all the Home stands had sold out but they were allowing Home support into the North Stand.
And no idea why but there were about 8 seats around me in W3 that are season ticket seats that were all empty.
There are was 4 empty seats next to me in W4. The boys whose seats they are were in W7.

On the game itself, again we were very poor in the final third.  Livingston employed similar tactics as Dundee United did in pressing us high and trying to force us in to playing long balls which their back line could deal with.  I feel we played with a lot more composure than we did against United and McGinn was much more effective in getting his foot on the ball and getting the wide men in to the game.  Despite that, we didn't have the creativity needed up front.

I am hoping with the title won the players relax a bit for the final games and we can get back to scoring some goals!  A good win against Morton and lifting the trophy afterwards would make up for the slight disappointment of winning the league with a 0-0 draw.  A nice thing to have to grumble about I suppose.

MacKenzie, Magennis and McGinn did well yesterday.  Morgan very close when he hit the post.  I'm not going to enjoy watching him play against us next season. 

I hope we get to see the Hippo on from the start against Falkirk, I still don't see enough from Mullen.  Quite a few players will be playing for contracts, and I am hoping the team did not go on a bender last night like the 2013 cup winning squad!  Hopefully a few games ahead where we can just relax and watch the football.  And get it up the Morton.

1 minute ago, Kemp said:

On the game itself, again we were very poor in the final third.  Livingston employed similar tactics as Dundee United did in pressing us high and trying to force us in to playing long balls which their back line could deal with.  I feel we played with a lot more composure than we did against United and McGinn was much more effective in getting his foot on the ball and getting the wide men in to the game.  Despite that, we didn't have the creativity needed up front.

I am hoping with the title won the players relax a bit for the final games and we can get back to scoring some goals!  A good win against Morton and lifting the trophy afterwards would make up for the slight disappointment of winning the league with a 0-0 draw.  A nice thing to have to grumble about I suppose.

MacKenzie, Magennis and McGinn did well yesterday.  Morgan very close when he hit the post.  I'm not going to enjoy watching him play against us next season. 

I hope we get to see the Hippo on from the start against Falkirk, I still don't see enough from Mullen.  Quite a few players will be playing for contracts, and I am hoping the team did not go on a bender last night like the 2013 cup winning squad!  Hopefully a few games ahead where we can just relax and watch the football.  And get it up the Morton.

Eh, Bankhouse? :blink:

37 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Amazing night in the Banky. Loads of pics but can only upload a couple at a time. Players are JR being carried in shoulder high was fantastic although my head is banging today !

WP_20180414_015.jpg

WP_20180414_033.jpg

Each player getting carried in shoulder high and fully deserved, mention to JR and his wee speech brilliant manger, then his starting "hands up for the champions " class act.

Gary Mac pissed then top came off again, all players in great form, great night in bank house.

3 minutes ago, renfrew said:

It was a shame that they were only 6000 of us there to witness it. Thinking back to 2000 and 2006 we had more than 8000 at those games.

There's a bit of a feeling that is has been settled for a while, so not really going to bring in the same crowd as an end of season decider.  Obviously the Morton game has sold out, so some people chosing that one over yesterday.

2 minutes ago, renfrew said:
24 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:
There was less than 8000 at the Dundee game in 2006.

What was it ? I can recall the main stand, family stand and the northbank all full with some in the away stand.

St Mirren

Dundee
T Bullock (C Smith, 62), D van Zanten, K Broadfoot, A Millen yellow card, K McGowne, J Potter, H Murray yellow card, C Adam (I Anderson, 70), J Sutton, S Kean (B Mehmet, 80), S Lappin   S Murray, S Robertson, P Dixon, R Mann, S McCluskey, B Smith, K McDonald, C Marshall, S Lynch, S Craig (T McManus, 77), G Brady
Subs not used: A Reid, M Reilly   Subs not used: A Britton, B Deasley, S Robb, G Law
Referee:
Calum Murray
Attendance:
Stadium:
St Mirren Park

St Mirren

Dundee
T Bullock (C Smith, 62), D van Zanten, K Broadfoot, A Millen yellow.106.0.png, K McGowne, J Potter, H Murray yellow.106.0.png, C Adam (I Anderson, 70), J Sutton, S Kean (B Mehmet, 80), S Lappin   S Murray, S Robertson, P Dixon, R Mann, S McCluskey, B Smith, K McDonald, C Marshall, S Lynch, S Craig (T McManus, 77), G Brady
Subs not used: A Reid, M Reilly   Subs not used: A Britton, B Deasley, S Robb, G Law
Referee:
Calum Murray
Attendance:
Stadium:
St Mirren Park
Cheers. Old age screwing up my memory [emoji56]