Saint Mirren V Livingston 14 April

St.Ricky

There were loads of empty seats in the Main Stand. You could see groups of empty white seats and plenty along the front rows.
Just because tickets are sold doesn't mean everyone is going to turn up. Out of 6,000 plus people, a fair amount are going to be sick, have to work unexpectedly etc etc and so won't come.
they might have sold seats or season tkt seats but for one thing or another couldn't attend.

4 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:
2 hours ago, Thorizaar said:
There were loads of empty seats in the Main Stand. You could see groups of empty white seats and plenty along the front rows.
Just because tickets are sold doesn't mean everyone is going to turn up. Out of 6,000 plus people, a fair amount are going to be sick, have to work unexpectedly etc etc and so won't come.

they might have sold seats or season tkt seats but for one thing or another couldn't attend.

A bit like airline flights then.

29 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

What's with the crowd wank, it was what it was no point in debating it. Everyone that wanted to be there got in and I'm sure those present thoroughly enjoyed their day.

It was a great day. One to remember. As you say there is no need to debate it but I am not sure that everyone who wanted to be there was able to be there. As others have pointed out there will inevitably be those who have bought either season or match tickets who, it turns out for some reason or other can't be there. Fair point. 

Also fair to learn what can be done better as a club. I congratulated the club on allowing people to buy tickets for the North Stand and to share it with the Livi fans. Good decision all round. Also fair for people to point out that my eyesight wasn't up to seeing the lots of empty seats they saw. 

Lets put it another way. How many seats  were sold including season tickets and match tickets? If these equated to the total available seats in the main, West and South Stand then we'll done! 

If not then more fans could have attended and the club could have earned more in gate receipts. Both are important in my book. This is simply customer feedback. Happens everywhere. 

1 hour ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:
3 hours ago, santaponsasaint said:

I know several STHs who went to Liverpool for the Grand National.

Proof our support has its fair share of idiots.

2 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

It was a great day. One to remember. As you say there is no need to debate it but I am not sure that everyone who wanted to be there was able to be there. As others have pointed out there will inevitably be those who have bought either season or match tickets who, it turns out for some reason or other can't be there. Fair point. 

Also fair to learn what can be done better as a club. I congratulated the club on allowing people to buy tickets for the North Stand and to share it with the Livi fans. Good decision all round. Also fair for people to point out that my eyesight wasn't up to seeing the lots of empty seats they saw. 

Lets put it another way. How many seats  were sold including season tickets and match tickets? If these equated to the total available seats in the main, West and South Stand then we'll done! 

If not then more fans could have attended and the club could have earned more in gate receipts. Both are important in my book. This is simply customer feedback. Happens everywhere. 

You have misunderstood me, obviously as with every event in life inevitably some folk with tickets couldn't make it but the point I am making is that it didn't stop everyone able and wanting to attend being there. I'm not sure what point you are trying to get across ? There is no need to learn any lessons here we simply don't have enough fans to fill our stadium. Short of a press gang what more can we do and why choose to debate a perceived lack of attendance over what was a fantastic achievement.

12 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

You have misunderstood me, obviously as with every event in life inevitably some folk with tickets couldn't make it but the point I am making is that it didn't stop everyone able and wanting to attend being there. I'm not sure what point you are trying to get across ? There is no need to learn any lessons here we simply don't have enough fans to fill our stadium. Short of a press gang what more can we do and why choose to debate a perceived lack of attendance over what was a fantastic achievement.

Misunderstanding seems to go two ways here. This was, is and will remain a fantastic achievement for the club, management and fans including those who were there and those who were not.

My own estimate of the likely crowd we would attract was 6250. Not too far away from the 6177 who attended. Marvelous all round. Loved it.

The lesson for the club to learn in my opinion is that we can do better in ticketing and in communication with fans about ticket availability.

This is not a complaint. There have already been signs of improvement but a number of fans (not me personally ) still seem to report difficulties in using the online ticketing system.

Add to that the mixed messages regarding whether or not any or all of the stands were sold out and the possible (possible) impact on sales and attendance then I would think 1 That the club would want to know about it. 2 That they would want to learn from it and improve for the increased attendances likely in the SPL.

The coming together of the board, management and fans has been fantastic. Average Crowds have increased year on year from 3200 to 3600 to 4500 by the end of this season. Wonderful to see. Next year might well see average at tendencies over 5400 a match. Again great. That,  I am sure, we can both agree on.

Never have I been so pleased with  nil. .nil scoreline. COYS 

6 hours ago, Hambud said:
7 hours ago, Sonny said:
I was at the ticket office at 2:35 for a ticket for the Falkirk Away game yesterday and they were telling people that all the Home stands had sold out but they were allowing Home support into the North Stand.
And no idea why but there were about 8 seats around me in W3 that are season ticket seats that were all empty.

There are was 4 empty seats next to me in W4. The boys whose seats they are were in W7.

One of them was mine , as I was en route to Edinburgh from New York , a couple of guys were also on a stag weekend , need to get better organized next season

17 hours ago, DumboBud said:

Maybe people posting on here that matches are a sell out before the game when they aren’t has put people off trying to get tickets. 

Exactly Dumbo.... That information came direct from the ticket website. You make my point very clearly. 

Edited by St.Ricky

Had to watch the game from the away stand instead of usual berth in the main stand but despite not being much of a game, great end result. Congratulations to the team for the best turnaround in living memory over 14 months. Sounds like it was party time in Paisley after the match, pity no-one told the people of Shawlands where I was, lol.