Saint Mirren V Livingston 14 April

St.Ricky

2 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

Met a dude on the bus back from Brechin (Patrick) who said he was going to the San Siro this weekend but that his :heart  would be at GHR.

Any other forumsters pre-booked this weekend months ago?

:offtopicWay off-topic but I missed the 8-0 game against Clydebank in 99/00 to go to an Ayr vs Partick Thistle Cup Tie with a mate - had a great day but my heart sank a little when I heard our scoreline, probably our biggest league victory during my lifetime, but I live in hope that theres still time for a nine! 

am away to Lanzarote next Friday so miss scumton game,but back for away day in Falkirk,but hopefully it's all settled Saturday night,Tuesday at worst,COYS

21 hours ago, zico said:

Mullen has actually scored 6 goals in the Championship this season. Reilly has scored 11.

In the last 5 games, where Mullen has started ahead of Reilly, we've scored 11 goals, an average of 2.2 goals per game. Our average before Mullen replaced Reilly was 1.8 goals per game.

So in all competitions this season the stats are:

Mullen 27 appearances, 7 goals

Reilly 39 appearances 22 goals

meaning Reilly is 2 - 3 times more effective.

29 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Reilly has also scored more against diddy teams in diddy cups and then Lothian Thistle. 

What we perhaps need is better service and quality of delivery to them when they are in and around the box.  United sat the two baldy thugs deep and negated the space  where Smith picks the ball up and runs into on Tuesday night.

29 tickets showing on website now, has W6/7 sold out?

40 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Reilly's goals in competitions other than the Championship weren't effective in the Championship at all.

In the Championship, Reilly has 11 goals while Mullen has 6.

Many of Mullen's appearances have been as a sub and were with a side who aren't as good or as attacking as St. Mirren.

Most of Reilly's appearances have been from the start and have been with the best and most attacking team.

7 minutes ago, shull said:

Play Sutton instead of Reilly and Mullen. 

He will demolish Livingston and clinch the Title for us.

We might see all 3 at some stage depending on how things are going and Hippolyte for his long throw ins.

Ladbrokes Championship Referees for 14 April

Dundee United v Falkirk - Willie Collum
Dunfermline Athletic v Brechin City - John McKendrick
Greenock Morton v Queen of the South - Stephen Finnie
Inverness Caley Thistle v Dumbarton - Gavin Duncan
St Mirren v Livingston - John Beaton

Edited by St.Ricky

8 minutes ago, shull said:

Play Sutton instead of Reilly and Mullen. 

He will demolish Livingston and clinch the Title for us.

If only he had stuck his chance away on Tuesday night we wouldn't need to have this bit of the discussion....it would also have been a fitting end to his time with us!!

1 minute ago, WeeBud said:

If only he had stuck his chance away on Tuesday night we wouldn't need to have this bit of the discussion....it would also have been a fitting end to his time with us!!

I thought he was unlucky. The ball didn't fall that well for a clean hit.

Just now, Drew said:

I wasn't criticising Drew but was probably our best chance on the night, it was right in front of where were sitting/standing and his shirt was also being pulled by the defender.

Hope Hippo, Mullen or any other Saints player doesn't cheat by diving to affect the Match in our favour. 

Let's just go out and hammer Livingston fair and square. 

Edited by shull

1 hour ago, zico said:

Reilly's goals in competitions other than the Championship weren't effective in the Championship at all.

Many of Mullen's appearances have been as a sub and were with a side who aren't as good or as attacking as St. Mirren.

Most of Reilly's appearances have been from the start and have been with the best and most attacking team.

I could have swore Reilly has been benched and Mullen is starting, but maybe i was at games in a parallel universe 

1 hour ago, zico said:

Thats funny because the stats show Reilly is almost three times more likely to score. What cant talk cant lie!

33 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

I could have swore Reilly has been benched and Mullen is starting, but maybe i was at games in a parallel universe 

You are both correct, and extremely dim, all at the same time.

I think most of your life goes on in a parallel universe going by the shite you post on here...

1 hour ago, Drew said:

He was unlucky the way the ball broke, but ultimately strikers need to take chances like that. Was certain he'd stick it in, would've been great for the big fella.

4 minutes ago, Soctty said:

You are both correct, and extremely dim, all at the same time.

I think most of your life goes on in a parallel universe going by the shite you post on here...

Just different opinions Scotty backed up by carefully selected statistics by each. 

For what it's worth,  I like both players and each has a decent goalscoribg record in the Championship this season. 

Mullen looks physically stronger whilst Reilly looks faster. 

2 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

We might see all 3 at some stage depending on how things are going and Hippolyte for his long throw ins.

Ladbrokes Championship Referees for 14 April

Dundee United v Falkirk - Willie Collum
Dunfermline Athletic v Brechin City - John McKendrick
Greenock Morton v Queen of the South - Stephen Finnie
Inverness Caley Thistle v Dumbarton - Gavin Duncan
St Mirren v Livingston - John Beaton

Yeah long throw ins to a team of midgets against a team of Giants. Great tactics!! Really worked on Tuesday! You're not Alex Rae are you? We have not played long ball football all season and if we do on Saturday Livi will stroll through the game.

5 minutes ago, Mr Optimistic said:

Yeah long throw ins to a team of midgets against a team of Giants. Great tactics!! Really worked on Tuesday! You're not Alex Rae are you? We have not played long ball football all season and if we do on Saturday Livi will stroll through the game.

You’re away from home, need a goal, it’s a game in hand.... Hypolyte’s long throws caused them problems, having Sutton in there to try and get onto them was a decent tactic to try on Tuesday under the particular circumstances we were in. Nearly came off too.