Open top Bus and Party

21 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Complete joke.  One team town, no violence ever at SMFC games, and these cretins won't let you have a Saints scarf sitting on your table.

About time such establishments were named and shamed and the significant community of drunkards that follows our club removed all business from them.

Not angels are Saints as one Buddie above abuses a local Company. 

On 05/04/2018 at 9:11 AM, elvis said:

Excuse me but my Aunt goes in there before games and she had a top on with the saints badge on it and one of the bar staff came over and told her that no colours were allowed because other customers would complain she even spoke to the woman who owns it on the phone who said that she has that rule in place in her other pub in greenock. My aunt asked the other customers in the pub if they minded her wearing colours and not one said yes so needless to say she drank up and left and will never be back in. 

Perhaps yer Aunty should have taken her top off.......................................................then again.....................maybe no.

2 hours ago, Danny said:

Sorry to have to agree with Elvis but me and my mates have been in the Buddies lounge twice in the past two months. On both occasions we were "asked" to put our scarves away and my son's boy told to cover up his Saints T shirt We don't go there anymore

I have no quarrel with your point sir, no quarrel indeed

17 minutes ago, whydowebother said:

No need for a parade.

Bring the trophy out on Saturday, job done.

I don't understand this party pooper attitude. Why would you want our achievement to be low key? Great opportunity to get the local community behind the club, brilliant for younger fans too

6 minutes ago, Doakes said:

I don't understand this party pooper attitude. Why would you want our achievement to be low key? Great opportunity to get the local community behind the club, brilliant for younger fans too

Agreed,  I was hoping before I left Melbourne to come here for a party in the town and an open topped bus parade just like 2013, well done Renfrewshire Council.

Looking forward to a great night.

It was tongue in cheek :P

Based on people ripping in to our players ( Samson is rubbish, Mullen is a diver etc ) Nonsense.

Roll oot the red carpet - I’m looking forward to it.

5 minutes ago, whydowebother said:

It was tongue in cheek :P

Based on people ripping in to our players ( Samson is rubbish, Mullen is a diver etc ) Nonsense.

You can start the conga :holiday

Brilliant! Didn't expect them to do it the same day we got the trophy so that's an extra treat as I'll be there that weekend!
Canny wait.

Likewise, it really suits our travel plans also.

Really enjoyed the previous occasions when we’ve done this.

My personal favourite is still the 87’ cup parade , ooft , what a day/night.

8 minutes ago, whydowebother said:

Likewise, it really suits our travel plans also.

Really enjoyed the previous occasions when we’ve done this.

My personal favourite is still the 87’ cup parade , ooft , what a day/night.

Mine too :king  don't think I will ever better that day some great stories and memories   `unless Mmm  :rolleyes: Tony Fitz is right 

It was tongue in cheek [emoji14]

It was just 1 person thinking he is funny. Never more than 1 person.

St Mirren league win to be celebrated with open-top bus parade

Thousands of people will party on the streets of Paisley when St Mirren's SPFL Championship winning side are honoured with an open-top bus parade through the town centre.

Thousands of people will party on the streets of Paisley when St Mirren's SPFL Championship winning side are honoured with an open-top bus parade through the town centre.

Renfrewshire Council is marking the Buddies' return to the top-tier of Scottish football by staging the large-scale outdoor celebration event on Saturday 21 April.

St Mirren mathematically confirmed the title on Saturday after a 0-0 draw with second-placed Livingston means they can now no longer be caught.

That means the league trophy will be presented next week on the pitch immediately after their last home game of the season - against local rivals Morton - which the parade will follow.

The open-top bus will leave the Paisley 2021 Stadium before 7pm and travel through the town centre, to a specially-erected stage in Bridge Street, behind Paisley Abbey, around 7.30pm.

There, fans will be able to greet their heroes, with short speeches for the crowd from key figures from the club as they show off the trophy.

Before the team arrives, DJs from Pulse FM will be keeping the crowds entertained with St Mirren-themed songs and entertainment.

The bus will arrive in the town via the west end, with fans encouraged to see the team travel along the following route: High Street (at Paisley Museum), Storie Street, Witherspoon Street/New St (past Paisley Arts Centre), Causeyside Street, St Mirren Brae, Gauze Street, Cotton Street.

Renfrewshire's Provost Lorraine Cameron - who will help host the event - said: "We want to congratulate St Mirren on a wonderful season and are delighted the council is able to stage this event so the people of Renfrewshire can honour their team.

"I am sure the streets of Paisley will be full of celebration on the 21 April and I am looking forward to being there for what will be a great atmosphere and a wonderful occasion."

St Mirren chairman Gordon Scott added: "We want to thank Renfrewshire Council for organising this event to allow the people of Paisley - whether hardcore fans or not - to see the team and trophy.

"St Mirren are - and always will be - at the heart of the Paisley community, so it is fitting we get to celebrate a memorable year for the club and celebrate together as a town."

For more event information and to keep up to date on all local events, visit www.paisley.is

The St Mirren celebration event will be the first of two weekends which will see the area around Bridge Street and Abbey Close packed with activity - with the Paisley Food and Drink Festival to take place one week later.

Published 17 April 2018.

2 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

St Mirren league win to be celebrated with open-top bus parade

Renfrewshire Council is marking the Buddies' return to the top-tier of Scottish football by staging the large-scale outdoor celebration event on Saturday 21 April.

St Mirren mathematically confirmed the title on Saturday after a 0-0 draw with second-placed Livingston means they can now no longer be caught.

That means the league trophy will be presented next week on the pitch immediately after their last home game of the season - against local rivals Morton - which the parade will follow.

The open-top bus will leave the Paisley 2021 Stadium before 7pm and travel through the town centre, to a specially-erected stage in Bridge Street, behind Paisley Abbey, around 7.30pm.

There, fans will be able to greet their heroes, with short speeches for the crowd from key figures from the club as they show off the trophy.

Before the team arrives, DJs from Pulse FM will be keeping the crowds entertained with St Mirren-themed songs and entertainment.

The bus will arrive in the town via the west end, with fans encouraged to see the team travel along the following route: High Street (at Paisley Museum), Storie Street, Witherspoon Street/New St (past Paisley Arts Centre), Causeyside Street, St Mirren Brae, Gauze Street, Cotton Street.

Renfrewshire's Provost Lorraine Cameron - who will help host the event - said: "We want to congratulate St Mirren on a wonderful season and are delighted the council is able to stage this event so the people of Renfrewshire can honour their team.

"I am sure the streets of Paisley will be full of celebration on the 21 April and I am looking forward to being there for what will be a great atmosphere and a wonderful occasion."

St Mirren chairman Gordon Scott added: "We want to thank Renfrewshire Council for organising this event to allow the people of Paisley - whether hardcore fans or not - to see the team and trophy.

"St Mirren are - and always will be - at the heart of the Paisley community, so it is fitting we get to celebrate a memorable year for the club and celebrate together as a town."

For more event information and to keep up to date on all local events, visit www.paisley.is

The St Mirren celebration event will be the first of two weekends which will see the area around Bridge Street and Abbey Close packed with activity - with the Paisley Food and Drink Festival to take place one week later.

Published 17 April 2018.

A big beer tent next to the Abbey would be good   :cheers  

Just watched a video on youtube of the team celebrating in Bankhouse after Saturday's game and a good watch it was.

Can't help thinking though that 4 clubs have run buses throughout the past xx years leaving from Court Bar, Tile Bar, Brewers Tap as well as the CW club from Bankhouse.

Would it not be an idea for SMFC to acknowledge all the travel clubs and organise players visits to each of these hostelries ?