Open top Bus and Party

Just now, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Open top bus for winning the championship thought it was only cups ? Should be cups only sounds OTT. 

No son. 

In the 1999/2000 the team paraded in an open top bus to a civic reception in the town hall, great day that was.

In 2005/2006 season the team took a jaunt in an open top bus to the town hall (but didnae go in), great day that was.

Those are two recent occasions where the people of Paisley openly rejoiced winning Scotland's second tier.  Do you have something against the people of Paisley?

Rejoice fellow Buddies, milk it till the udder is red and swollen and then milk it some more. Milk it some more indeed.

2 minutes ago, TediousTom said:

No son. 

In the 1999/2000 the team paraded in an open top bus to a civic reception in the town hall, great day that was.

In 2005/2006 season the team took a jaunt in an open top bus to the town hall (but didnae go in), great day that was.

Those are two recent occasions where the people of Paisley openly rejoiced winning Scotland's second tier.  Do you have something against the people of Paisley?

Rejoice fellow Buddies, milk it till the udder is red and swollen and then milk it some more. Milk it some more indeed.

Each to their own yes Saints fans have every right to party I will but open top bus from my own point of view should be for cups not for winning a lower league for a club who should be a premiership club. Could understand Morton or Dumbarton having an open top bus if they won the championship as it would be once in a fans life time. 

Each to their own yes Saints fans have every right to party I will but open top bus from my own point of view should be for cups not for winning a lower league for a club who should be a premiership club. Could understand Morton or Dumbarton having an open top bus if they won the championship as it would be once in a fans life time. 

Well in that case I don't expect to see you openly rejoicing with all the other Buddies then. 

On that joyful day you can stay at home and ponder whilst the rest of us cry like girls, scream like banshee's and party like animals.

Bring on the open top bus.  Well deserved by the players, the management and not least the wonderful Buddies.  Let Paisley party.

4 minutes ago, TediousTom said:

Well in that case I don't expect to see you openly rejoicing with all the other Buddies then. 

On that joyful day you can stay at home and ponder whilst the rest of us cry like girls, scream like banshee's and party like animals.

Bring on the open top bus.  Well deserved by the players, the management and not least the wonderful Buddies.  Let Paisley party.

Your excitement is getting the better of you fair enough. I will be at the Morton game to see the trophy presentation after that it will be a big party in Paisley town where I will be booked into a hotel. If a open top bus is to be done that's the day it should happen as there will be lots of buddies in high spirits.  

37 minutes ago, TediousTom said:

Maybe it felt like that to the people who ventured into the whoremarket.  I can assure you that the "party" occurred all over Paisley that evening.  After spending a very happy evening in the Bull I rolled down New Street, happily bouncing along.  I recall a very large queue at the old Paisley daily express offices (now Vienna's) so I wandered past and went into a nightclub that is next to the kebab shop (between that and the premise now known as the cave) at the bottom of New Street.  No idea the places name but it was all on one level, with no stairs to climb I was able to attend for my oh so regular pish without having to negotiate any stairs.  Anyway, back to point, the atmosphere in that place certainly constituted that of a "party".

So in conclusion, the old Paisley express office building was NOT the only party occurring in Paisley that evening, not the only party by a longshot, a longshot indeed.

I know there was parties a plenty in Paisley i was in a few of them before Viennas!  but the players went there the last time and it's the only place open past 1o'clock.

37 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

They obviously changed their mind. The Bull inn issues Buddies Cards to Season ticket holders which give 15% discount on all drinks. Saints fans drink in there in fairly large numbers at less than £3 a pint.   

The Bankhouse also look after Saints fans with a 10% discount for ST holders meaning they also drink in there in large numbers at less than £3 a pint too.

Its only my opinion but these two pubs who welcome and look after saints fans should reap some reward come the celebrations.

I agree and i've been in the Bankhouse loads of times.

Can't argue that mate, If it's what the majority want them I'm in. 

The 5 years after the League Cup win have been hard,  poor managerial appointments, relegation ... almost twice! and then the legend arrived. Yes, let's definitely be OTT!

11 hours ago, Seaside Nipper said:

Seriously, did they ??
Hmmmmm, food for thought.
In struggling pub land I thought the Bull was half way decent.
If true I’ll try erm, Lang’s ???

No problem at all with The Bull.

I've been in there several times recently, with Saints stuff on, surrounded by plenty of fellow Buds, and the staff have been very pleasant and accommodating..

The Wee Howff has been similar.

I'm sure, when the time comes, people's individual tastes and past experience will dictate which pubs they choose to frequent in order to celebrate within.

1 hour ago, Spam_Valley said:

Absolute nonsense. I'm in there after every home game with Saints colours on and have been for 15 or so years.

Excuse me but my Aunt goes in there before games and she had a top on with the saints badge on it and one of the bar staff came over and told her that no colours were allowed because other customers would complain she even spoke to the woman who owns it on the phone who said that she has that rule in place in her other pub in greenock. My aunt asked the other customers in the pub if they minded her wearing colours and not one said yes so needless to say she drank up and left and will never be back in. 

Edited by elvis

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Open top bus for winning the championship thought it was only cups ? Should be cups only sounds OTT. 

Have some sympathy with that viewpoint, we had them in 2000 and 2006 so I'm presuming it'll be happening this year too.

Would be interesting to know what other teams have had open top buses for winning the Championship/first division. Can understand the likes of Hearts, Hibs and Rangers not doing it but wonder if other winners from the past decade such as Ross County, Inverness Caley Thistle and Hamilton did it?

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

So you think that after a magnificent league season where we have romped the league, that an open top bus would be a bit over the top?

Really??

To clarify - there will be an open top bus. :thumbs2

1 hour ago, elvis said:

Excuse me but my Aunt goes in there before games and she had a top on with the saints badge on it and one of the bar staff came over and told her that no colours were allowed because other customers would complain she even spoke to the woman who owns it on the phone who said that she has that rule in place in her other pub in greenock. My aunt asked the other customers in the pub if they minded her wearing colours and not one said yes so needless to say she drank up and left and will never be back in. 

Again. Garbage.

I regularly wear my scarf and/or other colours in there and I have never had an issue with the current owners or the previous ones or the ones before that.

Also, the Celtic bus that left from there never had any bother with colours either.

4 minutes ago, Spam_Valley said:

Again. Garbage.

I regularly wear my scarf and/or other colours in there and I have never had an issue with the current owners or the previous ones or the ones before that.

Also, the Celtic bus that left from there never had any bother with colours either.

So what you are saying is "Elvis is a big fat liar and his pants are on fire"

Anyway I believe you Elvis, believe you indeed

29 minutes ago, Seaside Nipper said:

The Wee Howf eh ? Did I not see mention Rod Stewart now favours this for his pre flight/ post flight pint these days ??

He's been in twice in the recent past.

So what you are saying is "Elvis is a big fat liar and his pants are on fire"

Anyway I believe you Elvis, believe you indeed

Seriously ? You believe Elvis ? If you start that you’ll soon be caught in a trap . He’ll be all over you like a hound dog and before you know it you’ll be crying in the chapel . I just can’t help believing that liking Elvis is a sure way to end up in heartbreak hotel...or is that just my suspicious mind ?

Seriously ? You believe Elvis ? If you start that you’ll soon be caught in a trap . He’ll be all over you like a hound dog and before you know it you’ll be crying in the chapel . I just can’t help believing that liking Elvis is a sure way to end up in heartbreak hotel...or is that just my suspicious mind ?

You’ll be put in the jail house rock anymore of that patter [emoji23][emoji12]

6 hours ago, Stu said:

Have some sympathy with that viewpoint, we had them in 2000 and 2006 so I'm presuming it'll be happening this year too.

Would be interesting to know what other teams have had open top buses for winning the Championship/first division. Can understand the likes of Hearts, Hibs and Rangers not doing it but wonder if other winners from the past decade such as Ross County, Inverness Caley Thistle and Hamilton did it?

They've had them ready in Greenock for over a century, and still use them. Just not much need for title celebrations though..!

IMG_1635.JPG

6 hours ago, Spam_Valley said:

Again. Garbage.

OK so I am a liar is that what your saying why would I do that.