£2 Pot SMISA vote for April ?????

Kombibuddie

4 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:

The only other teams that use It are opponent's of St Mirren. Honestemoji106.png

I didn't know of it getting used for the camps, but glad as I'm sure all are that we use it for such a community scheme. emoji16.png

Did someone not share something earlier in this topic about other youth teams and youngsters using it? 

52 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:
2 hours ago, bazil85 said:
Did someone not share something earlier in this topic about other youth teams and youngsters using it? 

No.

http://www.saintmirren.net/pages/?p=55846

Getting mixed up with this one, some community stuff seems to happen in Ralston. I guess no one on here knows for sure but I would be very surprised if they didn't use an AstroTurf pitch going forward over the grass. 

Guest TPAFKATS
http://www.saintmirren.net/pages/?p=55846
Getting mixed up with this one, some community stuff seems to happen in Ralston. I guess no one on here knows for sure but I would be very surprised if they didn't use an AstroTurf pitch going forward over the grass. 
No, you definitely need to lift the grass before laying AstroTurf. You can't lay it over grass.
[emoji57]

On 05/04/2018 at 7:20 AM, Stu said:

A bold prediction. There will be plenty of discussion on here about the rights and wrongs of this proposal before it is comfortably voted through. The vast majority of members won't read the posts on here, Facebook etc, will see the proposal described as being good for the playing side and give it their backing, regardless of whether or not this is what the money should be used for. 

It's what has happened with pretty much every proposal SMiSA has put forward. Most people seem happy to pay their monthly fee, have their vote and leave it at that with no further involvement. Not saying that's a good or bad thing but it's how it seems to work. Before it went to multiple choice voting, has any proposal SMiSA ever put forward been rejected?

A minor point but if SMiSA are giving over £50,000 they should be demanding the community season tickets are included in that, but obviously that's not the main issue here!

Not sure if this makes me more or less likely to go to the AGM. Would be interested to know if the voting deadline is before or after April 14. If people really feel strongly about this then they should attend the AGM and make their feelings known.

I'm not trying to stifle debate, just pointing out that, if previous discussions around votes are anything to go by, don't be surprised if nothing changes and this is comfortably voted through.

Do I win a prize? And before the pedants pipe up-, I'll clarify it to the vast majority of members who voted.

Will the folk on here who opposed this and can make the AGM today head along to voice their displeasure?

Do I win a prize? And before the pedants pipe up-, I'll clarify it to the vast majority of members who voted.
Will the folk on here who opposed this and can make the AGM today head along to voice their displeasure?
I'd have gone along & voiced my objection to the proposal.
Unfortunately, I was working & couldn't attend.

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Did the Chuckle brothers attend? 

Forgot, they're not members, assuming it was members only. 

I was offered a proxy, but didn't take it as I had better things to do. As highlighted before, SMISA is in no danger...it's just not operating as it should.