When Would Our Directors Prefer To Win Title ?

30 minutes ago, shull said:

With hopefully the Title being won on Saturday or Tuesday, the Livingston match will be a non event, friendly, kickabout. 

Fans ain't gonnae fill the place and paying 20 quid for an irrelevant event. 

Some Season Ticket holders might not bother turning up. 

There will be even less attendance for the Falkirk friendly. 

On the other hand, the place will be packed for the Morton game and the handing over of our well deserved Trophy for scooshing the League. 

The only disappointment was not winning the Challenge Cup to make it a Double triumph like 2006.

OH WHEN THE SAINTS 

Tickets for both the Livvi game and Morton games are selling very well according to the official ticket page.

£20 is not a lot of money these days. Wouldn't have paid for a taxi one way into Stirling from where I stayed until recently. A chance to welcome home the title winners at the match v Livvi is not one I would want to miss 

Each to their own though.

Edited by St.Ricky

19 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Congratulations, a sensible post, first this year? :wink:

The point was made in the Opening Post but some chose to miss it and ridicule instead. 

Maybe they didn't choose at all. 

20 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Tickets for both the Livvi game and Morton games are selling very well according to the official ticket page.

£20 is not a lot of money these days. Wouldn't have paid for a taxi one way into Stirling from where I stayed until recently. A chance to welcome home the title winners at the match v Livvi is not one I would want to miss 

Each to their own though.

£20 is a lot of money every day. 

It is an extortionate amount of money, even for a  competitive match , never mind a kickabout friendly versus Livingston and Falkirk. 

We pay because of our emotional attachment to our normally pish football team. 

51 minutes ago, shull said:

£20 is a lot of money every day. 

It is an extortionate amount of money, even for a  competitive match , never mind a kickabout friendly versus Livingston and Falkirk. 

We pay because of our emotional attachment to our normally pish football team. 

I know how you feel on pricing Shull but 20 quid doesn't go far these days.  I now get a concession.  At Saints this costs 10 pounds.  At ICT it was 14 pounds and the same at Dunfernline.  If I remember correctly both Livingston and Morton are 16. Pounds.  Saints look like good value to me.  Add the cost of travel for 44 miles each way for a home game and this rises.  Others travel much further.  Had a look at the pricing structure for season tickets into the SPL.  I like the way Motherwell encourage under15s.

Edited by St.Ricky

35 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

I know how you feel on pricing Shull but 20 quid doesn't go far these days.  I now get a concession.  At Saints this costs 10 pounds.  At ICT it was 14 pounds and the same at Dunfernline.  If I remember correctly both Livingston and Morton are 16. Pounds.  Saints look like good value to me.  Add the cost of travel for 44 miles each way for a home game and this rises.  Others travel much further.  Had a look at the pricing structure for season tickets into the SPL.  I like the way Motherwell encourage under15s.

All the prices above are extortionate and out of order for Scottish Football. 

7 hours ago, faraway saint said:

If we win the league on Saturday there will be a drop in crowds IMO, Morton game apart, as there will be no real point in the remaining games.

I think our attendances will be at the top end even if we wrap up the title. Closet fans love to be associated with the winners. In any case Livi is our next home game so the trophy would be paraded. Falkirk might be slightly less but I don't think by much. Oh. And only an idiot, ( not directed at you), would believe the board would be delighted with an end of season collapse for a maybe win in our last chance saloon and a few bums on seats. Wait a minute.........:huh:

2 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

I think our attendances will be at the top end even if we wrap up the title. Closet fans love to be associated with the winners. In any case Livi is our next home game so the trophy would be paraded. Falkirk might be slightly less but I don't think by much. Oh. And only an idiot, ( not directed at you), would believe the board would be delighted with an end of season collapse for a maybe win in our last chance saloon and a few bums on seats. Wait a minute.........:huh:

Abusive wee dude isn't he, hiding behind the ignore button. 

Love to know which Trophy will be paraded at the Livingston match.

Challenge Cup ?

10 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

I disagree, IMO people turn up when it's meaningful, these games, Morton apart, won't be.

Time will tell.

I won't remind you when I'm proved right. :rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I disagree, IMO people turn up when it's meaningful, these games, Morton apart, won't be.

Time will tell.

I won't remind you when I'm proved right. :rolleyes:

As long as you don't start 13 threads with similar titles and no common sense.

I think the attendance at the Livi game will be fine, even if we have won the league. I think most people will want go to see the returning champions, especially if we win it on Saturday, which will mean a lot of people won't then bother going to Dundee.

Can't see the same being true for the midweek Falkirk game though.

On 4/5/2018 at 8:34 AM, shull said:

Obviously against Falkirk at Home on the 17th of April.

The Morton match will be a sellout anyway.

The Livingston game will be a near sellout if Title is still there to be won.

So the Home match versus Falkirk will have St Mirren Park near full and rocking if we can clinch the Title that night.

ALL THE XTRA REVENUE WOULD GO A LONG WAY TO FUNDING A NEW ASTROTURF PITCH AT RALSTON.

Wee party in the St Mirren Park Boardroom tonight.

That's the pitch at Ralston nearly fully Astroturfed. :D

4 minutes ago, LargsBud said:

Surely they'll split the north stand now? We are civilised enough to pish in the same toilets as the 300 Livi fans that will turn up.

Split it 3/4 for us and them the rest.

Maybe we could sellout the whole Stadium.

On Thursday, April 05, 2018 at 8:34 AM, shull said:

Obviously against Falkirk at Home on the 17th of April.

The Morton match will be a sellout anyway.

The Livingston game will be a near sellout if Title is still there to be won.

So the Home match versus Falkirk will have St Mirren Park near full and rocking if we can clinch the Title that night.

ALL THE XTRA REVENUE WOULD GO A LONG WAY TO FUNDING A NEW ASTROTURF PITCH AT RALSTON.

Shull knew this post is an exercise in whatiffery. 

Everybody involved wouľd like to win the title as early as possible. 

But

This scenario  brings in the most fans and money. 

Would take our average gate up from 4247 to over 4500 or 4600

But

Delays acting on plans for the top league. 

Shreds the nerves of fans. 

1 point needed out of 12.......surely

Edited by St.Ricky

5 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Skull knew this post is an exercise in whatiffery. 

Everybody involved wouľd like to win the title as early as possible. 

But

This scenario  brings in the most fans and money. 

Would take our average gate up from 4247 to over 4500 or 4600

But

Delays acting on plans for the top league. 

Shreds the nerves of fans. 

1 point needed out of 12.......surely

Do you really think so?

This is a daft thread.

Like everyone our directors would have hoped to have won it last Saturday against Brechin, then like the rest of us they would have hoped to have won it on Tuesday against Dundee Utd and like us they will be looking forward to winning it at home against Livingston.

Daft thread indeed.