Liverpool V Man City

Watched the footage on youtube of the team bus arriving at Anfield. What an Atmosphere the Scousers created. There is still  a hell of a lot of passion in Football.  

I'm not condoning the violence, throwing bottles at the opposition team is OTT, but as far as being a 12th man for the team that reception from the KOP , even if no bottles where thrown,  must have played a part in Man City's Defeat.  Singing and dancing in their thousands to a background of red smoke and decrying Mancs all the Liverpool fans were having a ball. I didn't see how bad the attack on the bus was.  

If you watch the footage you will see what someone described as the most stolen phones ever seen in one video. Almost everyone was videoing the incident but no one captures the minority who did the damage or even the damage being done.  The old code obviously still operating in Liverpool.

Football is all about passion. I'm all for keeping that but when the Morton come to town, No broken windows please. Those days should be relegated to the past but all the other stuff the law abiding singing scousers (oops oxymoron alert) did. I'm all for that.

Scousers acted like some of those mental Turkish or Greek fans, or Italian ultras who, if their own team are shite, will gather at the training ground and give their own team abuse.

Passion? It was an organised attempt to intimidate and attack an opponent. IMHO all it will achieve is for Man City fans to try and return the favour, and for other clubs to follow suit. Passion my arse.

Liverpool FC honour their own and hate everyone else

It was pathetic and just shows what the main news from England's WC adventure will be. Total intimidation  , that's not support , and it wasn't just a few Mr Gerrad!!!

Maybe they want to lead English teams out of Europe again !!!

There should be consequences , NOT JUST A WEE APOLOGY

7 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Scousers acted like some of those mental Turkish or Greek fans, or Italian ultras who, if their own team are shite, will gather at the training ground and give their own team abuse.

Passion? It was an organised attempt to intimidate and attack an opponent. IMHO all it will achieve is for Man City fans to try and return the favour, and for other clubs to follow suit. Passion my arse.

All you say is true BUT look at the numbers that turned out. It wasn't just a couple of yobs it was thousands of them. They might be misguided but righty or wrongly they think they are supporting their team.

The comments attached to the vids are also quite interesting.  whilst many Liverpool fans condemn the violence just as many support the 12th man theory.  On the day their team were far from shite. Shame the fans ruined it by resorting to violence but they didn't half show they were Liverpool. 

Liverpool V Manchester is possibly the closest thing you get to the old firm in England. It's not pretty but the fans are passionate. They might display it in unacceptable ways but its not all hatred.   Like the ugly sisters up here lots of the fans just want their team to beat the other whilst the minority don't care as long as they can beat up opposing fans.

I think you're right about the return leg though. A lot of security will be needed for the liverpool team bus.

Great atmosphere both outside and inside the ground. The greeting of team buses has being going on for a few years now, for big games, and is great to see. There were obviously a small minority who shamed themselves and the club with their scummy antics, but by and large it was something to be admired. The police will clamp down on it, which is welcome, to weed out the scumbags who were throwing bottles etc, at the bus, but the flares, the smoke, the singing, the bouncing, is something which would have been great to be part of.

As said, I've seen it loads of times over the past few years, with no trouble - a real shame that a few yobs turned it ugly.

6 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Tension brews ahead of Renfrewshire derby as five St Mirren ultras greet the Morton bus at the Paisley 2021 stadium....

E895AF5D-0D12-4103-A03E-EB4032005A22.jpeg

This would get dozens of retweets on twitter... :lol:

Outstanding.

ETA In fact I may steal it if you're not on twitter... :ph34r:

Edited by Soctty

53 minutes ago, Soctty said:

Great atmosphere both outside and inside the ground. The greeting of team buses has being going on for a few years now, for big games, and is great to see. There were obviously a small minority who shamed themselves and the club with their scummy antics, but by and large it was something to be admired. The police will clamp down on it, which is welcome, to weed out the scumbags who were throwing bottles etc, at the bus, but the flares, the smoke, the singing, the bouncing, is something which would have been great to be part of.

As said, I've seen it loads of times over the past few years, with no trouble - a real shame that a few yobs turned it ugly.

There is obviously a line that shouldn't be crossed BUT the big issue is  where that line is. Some people see the gathering as wrong, others focus on the intimidation or bottle throwing whilst others, not sure who , don't see anything wrong. 

You only have to look at our own "Scumgate affair" where many of our own fans were deemed by many to have crossed the line when others thought it was harmless banter. Then there is the question of an out of work Panda.

I'm sure there will be one or more songs ,  decrying the Morton, sung by saints fans  not just on the 21st but at Brechin and all the other games too which many may class as intimidating and untasteful.   Hatred of Morton was definitely on the song list in the Caley Club last week. Does that make these Saints  passionate or Yobs. They certainly won't stop Anti Morton songs, jibes, digs etc any time soon.

It won't make Saints fans  bad people or will it???

It  probably will in a lot of peoples mind

90 minute Rivalry is frowned upon  by many in the modern world.

Edited by East Lothian Saint

2 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

There is obviously a line that shouldn't be crossed BUT the big issue is  where that line is. Some people see the gathering as wrong, others focus on the intimidation or bottle throwing whilst others, not sure who , don't see anything wrong. 

You only have to look at our own "Scumgate affair" where many of our own fans were deemed by many to have crossed the line when others thought it was harmless banter. Then there is the question of an out of work Panda.

I'm sure there will be one or more songs ,  decrying the Morton, sung by saints fans  not just on the 21st but at Brechin and all the other games too which many may class as intimidating and untasteful.   Hatred of Morton was definitely on the song list in the Caley Club last week. Does that saints make passionate or Yobs. They certainly won't stop Anti Morton songs, jibes, digs etc any time soon.

It won't make Saints fans  bad people or will it???

It  probably will in a lot of peoples mind

90 minute Rivalry is frowned upon  by many in the modern world.

The fact is that the act of people gathering will now be clamped down on because of the actions of a minority of arseholes. In my view, swarming the streets to greet the buses with songs, boos, jeers, smoke, flares etc, is fine. It is once missiles (bottles) start being thrown at buses - or anywhere else for that matter - that things start to unravel. UEFA will no doubt - and quite rightly - take a very dim view of the damage to the City bus, and the throwing of missiles, and there will be some sort of punishment doled out. It's up to the club to weed out the perpetrators, but also probably to advise fans not to gather in this way in future, which will be difficult to police.

1 minute ago, Soctty said:

The fact is that the act of people gathering will now be clamped down on because of the actions of a minority of arseholes. In my view, swarming the streets to greet the buses with songs, boos, jeers, smoke, flares etc, is fine. It is once missiles (bottles) start being thrown at buses - or anywhere else for that matter - that things start to unravel. UEFA will no doubt - and quite rightly - take a very dim view of the damage to the City bus, and the throwing of missiles, and there will be some sort of punishment doled out. It's up to the club to weed out the perpetrators, but also probably to advise fans not to gather in this way in future, which will be difficult to police.

I agree, the Authorities will use this incident to penalise all fans and not just the "Minority assholes" you mentioned. It's always the way. 

Keep on Singing Bud......"We're on our Way"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43651014

Just found Footage from inside the bus. Wouldn't have liked to have been on it. It does get bombarded a few times by cans. Not as bad as the bricks that came through our supporters bus windows in the 70's and 80's but that wouldn't have been a pleasant journey.

That been said there was thousands lining the road and they did create an atmosphere. Shame the large amount  of neds who threw stuff chose to do so. Even although they were a tiny minority of the enormous Liverpool support.

Edited by East Lothian Saint

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I wonder if the same level of rational would be used if this had been Rangers or Celtic supporters? 

Rationale. Football supporters across Scotland are punished, every week, because of the antics of the ugly sisters in the 80's. Blanket bans are deemed to be counter productive everywhere except football. I agree with Soctty there will be a massive over reaction to this and the shame of the few will override the rights of the many.

3 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

Rationale. Football supporters across Scotland are punished, every week, because of the antics of the ugly sisters in the 80's. Blanket bans are deemed to be counter productive everywhere except football. I agree with Soctty there will be a massive over reaction to this and the shame of the few will override the rights of the many.

Like I said, minus an "e" I doubt this focus, rightly, on the minority, would have been as widespread had this been Rangers or Celtic supporters. 

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

Like I said, minus an "e" I doubt this focus, rightly, on the minority, would have been as widespread had this been Rangers or Celtic supporters. 

History shows how focus on the minority erodes the rights of the many across all walks of life. Focus on Liverpool is no doubt fuelled by England's forth Coming World Cup adventure. 

Russian and English hooligans will no doubt cause antics which will impact on fans of all countries travelling to future world cups. It will all be done under the safety banner and the biggest people affected will be those who would never dream of causing bother.  Don't be to quick to jump on the ban this or that bandwagon. All you are doing is eroding you're own rights.

I defend the right to boo the opposition. 

1 hour ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43651014. Hope UEFA chuck the scouse f**ks out of the competition emoji35.png

That's the same footage I posted earlier. As I said it would not have been nice travelling on that bus and the amount of times it was struck by cans was unacceptable. Look at the size of the crowd that turned up to Boo the opposition bus. Even if 100 cans hit it it is still a very small minority of the support that turned up. We won't even get a fraction of that  crowd when we win the league and turn out to cheer our bus.. Hope UEFA chuck the scouse f**ks out of the competition emoji35.png is the kind of crap that stops ordinary fans enjoying the beautiful game.

JAIL the scouse f**ks that threw cans at the bus but don't do the blanket ban thing