What's happened to this forum? AKA WTF!

26 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

I should really put this in general nonsense but I felt it would be more at home with the rest of the p!sh some folk are posting on here....

DISGUSTED.

Don't take it like that.  :rolleyes:

We're going to win the league. :thumbs2

COYS. :clapping

30 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

So what do you want on the forum................... ???

Rather than criticise , try some suggestions  

Merge/delete threads that are the same/similar for a start. 

Put threads in the correct section.

Nothing too drastic TBH, just some general maintenance. 

They were the days. 

Because we now live in a world where the greatest sin is to have a strongly different opinion from others, half the forum appears to have the other half on ignore which means you don't get any engagement. Prior to firing the ignore button, personal abuse was thrown around putting off more moderate posters who have better things to do with their lives than read abusive posts. Those requesting the removal of those with strong opinions (they know exactly who they are) have succeeded in closing them down but now those self same requesters have abandoned the forum through the inevitable subsequent boredom, leaving the place a gutted shell of what it used to be.

I have been on this forum for 12 years and have been one of the more active posters but I hardly ever contribute now for the reasons above. There is rarely anything interesting or stimulating to talk about because the people who used to get involved have either been banned, have moved on or found it impossible to behave like anything other than petulant animals.

I'm actually surprised this isn't obvious to be honest.

19 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Because we now live in a world where the greatest sin is to have a strongly different opinion from others, half the forum appears to have the other half on ignore which means you don't get any engagement. Prior to firing the ignore button, personal abuse was thrown around putting off more moderate posters who have better things to do with their lives than read abusive posts. Those requesting the removal of those with strong opinions (they know exactly who they are) have succeeded in closing them down but now those self same requesters have abandoned the forum through the inevitable subsequent boredom, leaving the place a gutted shell of what it used to be.

I have been on this forum for 12 years and have been one of the more active posters but I hardly ever contribute now for the reasons above. There is rarely anything interesting or stimulating to talk about because the people who used to get involved have either been banned, have moved on or found it impossible to behave like anything other than petulant animals.

You recently posted something along the lines that there hasn't been anything worthwhile to debate for months. :blink:

It's a St MIrren football club forum, we are in the best form we have been for many a long year yet you find nothing to say?

You have also been culpable of dishing out "abuse" as you call it. 

Confirms what I've said for a long time, you have no interest in football or sport, you only trot in here to try to lord it over anyone's view who you don't agree with.

TBH you were useful, always need someone who was a figure of fun. 

24 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I'm all for active and even vigorous debate but there are some on here who post threads  just for the sake of posting. It's getting more akin to the facebook weans who post informing folk of the slightest bowel motion. Come to think of it, that's quite an apt analogy.

34 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

You recently posted something along the lines that there hasn't been anything worthwhile to debate for months. :blink:

It's a St MIrren football club forum, we are in the best form we have been for many a long year yet you find nothing to say?

You have also been culpable of dishing out "abuse" as you call it. 

Confirms what I've said for a long time, you have no interest in football or sport, you only trot in here to try to lord it over anyone's view who you don't agree with.

TBH you were useful, always need someone who was a figure of fun. 

He's one of the best posters on the forum though. As was Stuart Dickson.

Now we're left with the likes of pozbaird, shull, Ricky and you.

FFS

2 minutes ago, zico said:

He's one of the best posters on the forum though. As was Stuart Dickson.

Now we're left with the likes of pozbaird, shull, Ricky and you.

FFS

I'm a wee bit gutted that you left me out the gang, Andy. You don't usually leave me out of the gang:(