Travelling To Dundee.

Im up in Paisley on Tuesday at 1pm  for a appointment so can give a lift to any saints fans who want to go to Dundee.

As long as we leave for 4pm. I can easily take two fans maybe three with short legs behind me .If interested  PM me-no charge.

We are going to win the league up there!

I'm likely to be driving from Dunbartonshire mid-late afternoon tomorrow (back of 3 - 4pm). I'll probably be heading via the Stirling road (past Drymen, etc), so won't be in the Paisley area, unfortunately.

If anyone wants a lift, give me a shout.

ETA - no charge, but I'm not 100% confirmed as to plans just yet. If you're interested, though, let me know and we can take it from there.

Edited by Drew

5 minutes ago, BuddyHolly9 said:

What time are people leaving from Paisley for the game? Half 5 too late?

Bear in mind that it's rush hour.  My plan is to leave in the late afternoon, though that depends on how quickly and easily I can get away from work (hence the disclaimer in my above offer of a lift).

Just now, BuddyHolly9 said:

Cheers buddy. I don't drive at that time and wondered about the traffic. WAs wondering about the M8 and M80 in particular being busy?

You'd be unlucky if it was much more tha the 90 minutes, can be "busy" but, accidents apart, usually keeps jogging along, 40mph - 50mph at worst, usually nothing to really be worried about.

PS If there;s any reason it takes you longer it's feck all to do with me. :wink:

6 minutes ago, BuddyHolly9 said:

Cheers buddy. I don't drive at that time and wondered about the traffic. WAs wondering about the M8 and M80 in particular being busy?

I usually manage 2 hours from Paisley to Arbroath, hence the 90 minutes to Dundee, if you left at 5:30 you'll be ok, and gives you time to park, plenty spaces around the ground, and settle dow for 7:45. 

23 minutes ago, BuddyHolly9 said:

What time are people leaving from Paisley for the game? Half 5 too late?

We're leaving at 4 to give us plenty of time, it being rush hour, and give us time to get parked and get down to the ground early as we've missed the tickets on sale at Saints ticket office.. I would think 5.30 would see you probably miss kick off, given the time it would take you to get over the Kingston Bridge at that time.

10 minutes ago, Soctty said:

We're leaving at 4 to give us plenty of time, it being rush hour, and give us time to get parked and get down to the ground early as we've missed the tickets on sale at Saints ticket office.. I would think 5.30 would see you probably miss kick off, given the time it would take you to get over the Kingston Bridge at that time.

Agreed. It would be leaving it a bit tight.

I'll have a better idea by this afternoon whether I can get away sharp, but I wouldn't want to be leaving any later than 5.

18 minutes ago, Soctty said:

Where is the best place to park in terms of not coming back to your car to find it on bricks etc :)

Just now, faraway saint said:

It's Dundee, not Paisley. :rolleyes:

I take it anywhere near the ground will be ok?

I see Dundee Utd are advising there are road closures in Dundee and to avoid the Clepington Road area. There's nothing on Traffic Scotland mentioning any road closures round there though.

1 minute ago, Desnold said:

I see Dundee Utd are advising there are road closures in Dundee and to avoid the Clepington Road area. There's nothing on Traffic Scotland mentioning any road closures round there though.

Aye, plenty streets around the ground, parked there plenty times, never had any damage, apart to my wallet getting into the ground and buying food/drinks. :wink:

If you leave Paisley at 4:00 you'll be in Dundee before 6, plenty time to park and find a pub before the game. 

3 minutes ago, Desnold said:

Clepington road is the main drag from the dual carriageway towards tannadice/Dens.  Might be best to come off the A 90 at invergowrie and come in via Ninewells