Travelling To Dundee.

1 minute ago, Desnold said:

Where is the best place to park in terms of not coming back to your car to find it on bricks etc :)

:lol: Never had an issue, and normally park on Clepington Road and walk down to the ground from there, about a ten minute walk, but given the road works we might need to change that...

14 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

It's Dundee, not Paisley. :rolleyes:

On my last trip to Dundee (for a golf trip) our mini-bus which was parked in what appeared to be a semi respectable back street, was broken into. It contained 10 sets of expensive golf clubs, so you might argue we were asking for it, but the reality is that the daft wee neds in question didn't even have the brains to steal the clubs. They just threw them all over the road. Not one single club was missing.

On the very same trip, we were sat in a window seat at a pizza place on one of the main drags in the town centre. It was about 6.30 on (I think) a Saturday evening and we were treated to some street entertainment right outside the window, Two middle aged women were going toe to toe in a full on fist fight. It was incredible stuff.

3 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

On my last trip to Dundee (for a golf trip) our mini-bus which was parked in what appeared to be a semi respectable back street, was broken into. It contained 10 sets of expensive golf clubs, so you might argue we were asking for it, but the reality is that the daft wee neds in question didn't even have the brains to steal the clubs. They just threw them all over the road. Not one single club was missing.

On the very same trip, we were sat in a window seat at a pizza place on one of the main drags in the town centre. It was about 6.30 on (I think) a Saturday evening and we were treated to some street entertainment right outside the window, Two middle aged women were going toe to toe in a full on fist fight. It was incredible stuff.

Dundee has more than its fair share of troublemakers, im sure i read somehwhere it was second only to Glasgow for crime figures.  Like our beloved Paisley , it has a serious problem with Drugs.

1 hour ago, BuddyHolly9 said:

What time are people leaving from Paisley for the game? Half 5 too late?

I travel to Perth once a week and try to get through Glasgow before 5 so I'm not sitting on the M8 for ages. Usually get to Perth for about 6.

I'm aiming to leave Johnstone around half-4 in the hopes of getting to the M80 for about 5. Failing that it's down the M74 and along the M73. Probably have a pitstop at Stirling or Broxden services. 

Have room for 3 in the car if anyone's happy to contribute to the fuel tank. 

5 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Naw, but Inchinnan is not a place you want to break down, especially in he dark. :whistle

5 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

In inchinnan they`ll punch your lights out for a bag of Werther originals  :boxing

OY!!! I've lived in Inchinnan village for 29 years and the only time I've seen any sign of trouble is when the neds from Erskine decide to change their buckie drinking venue.

Edited by stlucifer

40 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

OY!!! I've lived in Inchinnan village for 29 years and the only time I've seen any sign of trouble is when the neds from Erskine decide to change their buckie drinking venue.

Bridgewater's shut now, heading for the bowling club.  :double

1 hour ago, stlucifer said:

Feck me! You're special. Did you just build a bowling club in Inchinnan village while you were typing? :o

Maybe I'm missing something, but there's been a bowling club in Inchinnan for decades. They built it in what was the heidie's garden next to the school.

An act of shameful sacrilege, in my opinion. I fondly recall many games if 14-a-side chase the ball in there as a lad. Best school playground ever.

Edited by Drew