Protect The Asset Lock

Lord Pityme

Ring Fenced Means Ring Fenced  

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Should the Smisa committee cancel the current vote on the £2 discretionary pot, and the proposal to break the asset lock on the ring fenced funds to buy the majority shareholding  in SMFC. And enter into meaningful consultation with the membership to determine if there is any appetite to dis-apply the asset lock on the ring fenced share purchase fund?

I just voted and Im am NOT a Smisa member.  Perhaps such business should be conducted via Smisa channels as Smisa business is for Smisa members.  Perhaps you could raise this with the committee via proper channels?  Perhaps (if the committee agree) this poll could be sent to Smisa members where a meanignful response could be gleaned.

I would imagine that Smisa have some sort of regular meeting where Smisa members can discuss Smisa business amongst fellow Smisa members, yes I would imagine that Smisa have some sort of Smisa approved vehicle for Smisa members to discuss Smisa related business amongst Smisa peers in a manner in accordance with the Smisa constitution, in accordance with Smisa constitution amongst fellow Smisa members in a pre=arranged Smisa meeting indeed.

Note:  I just said Smisa eighteen times, oops that nineteen times I have said Smisa, woops that's twenty.......

I just voted and Im am NOT a Smisa member.  Perhaps such business should be conducted via Smisa channels as Smisa business is for Smisa members.  Perhaps you could raise this with the committee via proper channels?  Perhaps (if the committee agree) this poll could be sent to Smisa members where a meanignful response could be gleaned.

I would imagine that Smisa have some sort of regular meeting where Smisa members can discuss Smisa business amongst fellow Smisa members, yes I would imagine that Smisa have some sort of Smisa approved vehicle for Smisa members to discuss Smisa related business amongst Smisa peers in a manner in accordance with the Smisa constitution, in accordance with Smisa constitution amongst fellow Smisa members in a pre=arranged Smisa meeting indeed.

Note:  I just said Smisa eighteen times, oops that nineteen times I have said Smisa, woops that's twenty.......
On form tonight Sir.
Respect.

58 minutes ago, TediousTom said:

The committee occasionally visit pubs, there is no vehicle for discussion, engagement via this forum is frowned upon and they'd prefer individual contact from members via email.

Edited by TsuMirren

8 hours ago, Graeme Aitken said:

which majority do you wonder won't get their way? and why won't they?

The ones who like to be heard, a bit like the yes campaign (I voted yes btw). 

Convinced they are the majority because they're shouting loudest. 

Edited by davidg

Convinced they are the majority because their shouting loudest. 
Really not sure what your point s davidg. Personally speaking I reckon I am probably in a minority.

That is not an issue as such. I just fear people will vote on the strength of a well worded bribe of an email rather than the facts.

Lets face it... Yes voters still boycott the BBC as the reporting was allegedly not impartial.

I am willing to support the proposed project... But not as per the proposal which comes at too high a cost.

13 minutes ago, davidg said:

with regards the vote on this SMISA proposal, I fully expect SMISA and it's members will respect the wishes of the majority.

If the majority of SMISA members who vote, vote yes, SMISA will release £50K to St Mirren from the ring fenced pot for astro replacement.

If the majority of SMISA members who vote, vote no, I expect SMISA will inform The Club that the SMISA membership have declined/rejected the proposal and the £5k gets saved/carried over.

Either way, the majority of voters will, no doubt, have their wishes respected. Some will like it, some won't.

22 minutes ago, davidg said:

It's a forum,  erm urm not sure anyone is shouting. I've no doubt members of the SMISA committee would prefer we were all shouting, as again there'd be no discussion and nothing to read on here. Are you proposing that nobody posts? It may be a majority on here of people putting their views forward, but there's 1,257 SMISA members...let me know if I need to finish the obvious?

7 hours ago, TsuMirren said:

It's a forum,  erm urm not sure anyone is shouting. I've no doubt members of the SMISA committee would prefer we were all shouting, as again there'd be no discussion and nothing to read on here. Are you proposing that nobody posts? It may be a majority on here of people putting their views forward, but there's 1,257 SMISA members...let me know if I need to finish the obvious?

I'm a SMiSA member and I have to admit that when I first read the proposal I instantly wondered what had happened to the ring-fencing guarantee. I think crossing from ring-fenced to give us a loan of £50k is a bit of a quantum leap. I didn't vote because essentially I trust SMiSA and the board of SMFC. I don't have a perpetual axe to grind unlike some others. Having said that I don't think the SMiSA response to the furore has been handled particularly well. Hubris springs to mind.

14 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

Really not sure what your point s davidg. Personally speaking I reckon I am probably in a minority.

That is not an issue as such. I just fear people will vote on the strength of a well worded bribe of an email rather than the facts.

Lets face it... Yes voters still boycott the BBC as the reporting was allegedly not impartial.

I am willing to support the proposed project... But not as per the proposal which comes at too high a cost.

No i dont. :rolleyes:

6 hours ago, Graeme Aitken said:

My concern is, Pandora's Box is just about to be opened when SMISA dips into the ring fenced pot for the first time.

I genuinely hope my concern goes unfounded. Of that I am not confident.
Time only will tell.

Apparently according to the club chairman we are just " idiots on a forum".... ooooooh is that gonna comeback and take a huge chunk out his ass...

I am not a SMISA member. If I were to join then I would hope that SMISA business would be open to SMISA members to discuss face to face in meetings or through member's only access Forums and E Mails.  Perhaps with opportunities for non members to put forward ideas through a suggestions page on the website. Non members could be invited to information events. Dealing with items on a public forum doesn't seem quite right to me although I would have no great objections to having the minutes of meetings shown on the website in order to maintain transparency. Just my thoughts. Don't shoot me for them. We all want the best for our club.