38 Years Ago Today

HSS

25 minutes ago, HSS said:

Best St Mirren kit ever. Umbro stripes, V neck, embroidered old crest, no sponsorship, no sleeve patches, no names on back, no small sponsor logo above names, no moisture-wicking, no Climalite, no breatheable mesh inserts, not even engineered to the exact specifications of anyone, no X-Tech technology..... them wis’ the days.

I was at fricking football training  that night.  The under 18 league was a pretty good standard back then me excepted of course.  The rule was if you skipped training you were dropped for the Saturday.  So I was running about the Kibble most of that evening and saw the last five minutes of the game.  

It was a glorious night for me as it was the first time that I had seen us Win a relatively big cup competition. 

The northbank that night was packed and the atmosphere for me as a daft 17 year old boy was superb.

The semi final against Bolton away will always stick more in my memory ,for the last min Jimmy bone diving header which sent about 1500 Buddies into an absolute frenzy of delight and relief.

The bottles bricks and anything else that the Bolton thugs could find was not such a pleasant experience.:lol:

Neither was my mate driving the wrong way out of Bolton directly back towards said Bolton thugs.:lol:

memories :wub: