B&W Army Player of the Year and Young Player of the Year Voting

div

• div pinned this topic
11 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Magennis and Davis were excellent but only played for half the season so for me that rules them out of contention.

Magennis has played in 26 of our 34 league matches played to date.  That's more than 75%!

Edited by zico

I voted Smith for POTY but found it hard not to vote for McGinn.

YPOTY I voted for, (he says sitting back expecting a flood of criticism), Jack Baird.

Jack kept us in a league winning position until both Mackenzie and Davis were match fit.

I hope his contribution to a very special season is not overlooked.

17 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

I voted Smith for POTY but found it hard not to vote for McGinn.

YPOTY I voted for, (he says sitting back expecting a flood of criticism), Jack Baird.

Jack kept us in a league winning position until both Mackenzie and Davis were match fit.

I hope his contribution to a very special season is not overlooked.

I  went for McGinn and Cammy.

You guys are just trying to be interesting. If it were not for Morgan we would not be where we are. He scored many goals this season out of nothing and won us three points repeatedly. For gawd sake give Morgan the recognition he deserves. No contest!
All about opinion wee boaby.

You could argue that without Smith terrorising defences and pulling them apart, Lewis would not have had the space nor the free kicks from which to impress.

No doubt Lewis is a worthy candidate; his fellow players thought so.

Others have equally valid claims though.

6 hours ago, helpmaboab said:

You guys are just trying to be interesting. If it were not for Morgan we would not be where we are. He scored many goals this season out of nothing and won us three points repeatedly. For gawd sake give Morgan the recognition he deserves. No contest!

Indeed. Anyone who doesn't vote Morgan / Morgan is kidding themselves.

Yeah, others have played their part, blah, blah, blah, but the POTY is Morgan.

As you say, no contest!

Edited by zico

15 minutes ago, munoz said:

I found it difficult to decide on 2 individuals. For me our success has been down to a squad effort, and every player has played their part the season.

Nearly every player has played their part. :)

I have been tempted to go for a defender as Player of the Year as they have all been outstanding.

So brilliant they have been , we could have played without a Goalkeeper most of the Season.

I think I'll stick with Morgan though.

What would it look like if Morgan scoops the PFA Championship awards and he wasn’t to win a fans forum POTY?

I will say it again some people’s view has been tainted due to him signing for Celtic. If he signed a new three year it wouldn’t be in question.

There has been a number of players who have been fantastic this season but Morgan has been a class above you only need to look at the goals and assists. Due to that form and talent the best club in country have signed him. If the other players had been that good Celtic would be signing them or bigger clubs would be making bids.

Oh I remember David Barron won a host of fan based POTY awards. Now that was embarrassing.

7 minutes ago, Dave The Buddie said:

What would it look like if Morgan scoops the PFA Championship awards and he wasn’t to win a fans forum POTY?

I will say it again some people’s view has been tainted due to him signing for Celtic. If he signed a new three year it wouldn’t be in question.

There has been a number of players who have been fantastic this season but Morgan has been a class above you only need to look at the goals and assists. Due to that form and talent the best club in country have signed him. If the other players had been that good Celtic would be signing them or bigger clubs would be making bids.

Oh I remember David Barron won a host of fan based POTY awards. Now that was embarrassing.

Sorry mate, but this is utterly bizarre.

Who has a tainted view of Morgan on the basis that he has signed for Celtic to the extent that they wouldn't vote for him? What are you basing this claim on?

As for the "if other players...." comment, well, Aunties with bollocks springs to mind, there.

As for your David Barron reference.... :wacko:

Edited by Drew

49 minutes ago, Dave The Buddie said:

The thing I like about the fan voted awards is that it isn't necessarily need to be the "best" player who wins them. It's sometimes a player that the fans just relate to, a player who maybe never goes missing, never hides, is always there. Barron fitted that bill in the season he won the award, as did Vanzy when he won it. Neither were technically the best player in their respective teams, far from it, but they got the fans award anyway. I quite like that to be honest!

Morgan undoubtedly been an enormous part of what we have achieved this season, but there is also an argument that his form dipped for maybe 2 months at the start of the year and he wasn't quite as effective during that spell. He's back on it now and playing really well again (IMO) and that is not a criticism of him btw, I think his form dipped partly because he's still a young player and partly because teams were doubling up on him or booting him all over the park.

I voted Cammy Smith as my player of the year because I don't think his form dipped at all through the season. Morgy got my young player vote.

All about opinions!