Punt or Keep - Summer 2018 edition

20 minutes ago, zico said:

Two issues with your post.

1. Its nonsense.

2. Its irrelevant to my post

So you didn't mention Dundee United. 

So you didn't mention budgets. 

You didn't say ours was lower...... It was,,... Why? 

So mentioning Dundee United and their budget was irrelevant. 

So mentioning their prize money from the top league helping their budget was irrelevant

So the fact that the training ground  was sold to a shareholder director boosted their cash flow and available budget is irrelevant

So,......... What was your point caller? 

The prize money they will get this year is lower. 

Ours will rise sharply 

Their gates are/will belower

Minimum Potential prize money in the topleague is around 2 x the amount Saints get for Winning  the league. 

Therefore....... Their budget problems start now if they don't get promoted. 

Ours will rise sharply and can be planned over2 years

Edited by St.Ricky

49 minutes ago, Drew said:

:lol:

At least he seems to have moved on from demanding we sign Dobbie.

Is the young boy MacPherson likely to feature much next season? Six month deal seems a bit odd if he's not going to play and gets punted out on loan.

21 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

So you didn't mention Dundee United. 

So you didn't mention budgets. 

You didn't say ours was lower...... It was,,... Why? 

So mentioning Dundee United and their budget was irrelevant. 

So mentioning their prize money from the top league helping their budget was irrelevant

So the fact that the training ground  was sold to a shareholder director boosted their cash flow and available budget is irrelevant

So,......... What was your point caller? 

The prize money they will get this year is lower. 

Ours will rise sharply 

Their gates are/will belower

Minimum Potential prize money in the topleague is around 2 x the amount Saints get for Winning  the league. 

Therefore....... Their budget problems start now if they don't get promoted. 

Ours will rise sharply and can be planned over2 years

Same 2 issues that I mentioned previously apply again. :booty

37 minutes ago, Stu said:

Is the young boy MacPherson likely to feature much next season? Six month deal seems a bit odd if he's not going to play and gets punted out on loan.

6 months in the circumstances does indeed seem a bit strange.  Maybe it is a policy with young players making the step-up? Managing risk, perhaps?

35 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

None on my side I can assure you. 

I have the feeling that you will improve when you can string  two thoughts together. 

Might take some time. 

back to the 2 again

2 hours ago, Stu said:

Did think the contract duration was a bit odd. I guess they've given Cammy some sort of targets that he needs to reach to earn a longer deal.

Dunno. Strange!

33 minutes ago, div said:

Did think the contract duration was a bit odd. I guess they've given Cammy some sort of targets that he needs to reach to earn a longer deal.

Dunno. Strange!

Watched the lad in under 20 games and there is definitely a player there. Mostly played in midfield but more recently has had a few outings at right back. Only 6 months however is a bit odd.  

6 hours ago, WeeBud said:

I believe that to be the case BoK, Davis would have been guaranteed an extra season had he played a certain number of games as it would have automatically triggered his extension. As he didn't the club now have the choice on whether to keep him or not. That's how it was explained to me anyway and I think Davis said something similar on "Buddievision" and also that he hoped it would happen as his family are happy here (that was certainly my daughters take on the interview).

Maybe the club are using his second season as a bargaining chip and re-negotiating to get him to effectively have a third season here ie a two year deal from now.

Indeed.

The ball is in our court.

We either choose to keep him or not.

On 02/05/2018 at 4:51 PM, div said:

Dunno. Strange!

Some lads need a push to get the best out of them think you are correct on targets to be reached Jack Ross  clearly uses the word targets on interviews.  

On ‎19‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 12:27 PM, linwood-bud said:

Eckersley shouldn’t be first choice, but definitely kept for the squad.

Also I’d ask Ross Stewart (st) and Josh Todd back for pre season.

Todd has the ability and got unfortunate with his injuries, and a 6’7 mobile striker is a great option for the tough away games at Parkhead, Ibrox, Pitodrie etc.

I will be surprised if Ross Stewart (outfield) is part of our set up at the start of next season. He has reached his level at Alloa. IMO he has no future in the top tier. Ditto Josh Todd - skillful, good attitude, but , QoS/Raith Rovers is his level. Same for Kilpatrick (again IMO).

8 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I will be surprised if Ross Stewart (outfield) is part of our set up at the start of next season. He has reached his level at Alloa. IMO he has no future in the top tier. Ditto Josh Todd - skillful, good attitude, but , QoS/Raith Rovers is his level. Same for Kilpatrick (again IMO).

Attended the Allioa v Raith game.  Stewart led the line well and took his goal.  Kirkpatrick played in a more forward position in the first half than the second wherè was morewithdrwan.  on the day Ross Stewart looked good but could be physically stronger. 

Edited by St.Ricky

1 minute ago, St.Ricky said:

Attended the Alliance v Raith game.  Stewart led the line well and took his goal.  Kirkpatrick played in a more forward position in the first half than the second wherè was morewithdrwan.  on the day Ross Stewart looked good but could be physically stronger. 

Sorry Ricky but these guys have categorically failed to meet the required standards in the stripes last season in the Championship. That's why they were shipped out to the oblivion leagues.

Observing / judging them in their displays against third tier opposition is irrelevant.

If they don't look the part in the Championship why would you believe that they have anything to offer St Mirren in the Premiership ?

All deadwood must be ditched before we start preparing for 2018/19.

3 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Sorry Ricky but these guys have categorically failed to meet the required standards in the stripes last season in the Championship. That's why they were shipped out to the oblivion leagues.

Observing / judging them in their displays against third tier opposition is irrelevant.

If they don't look the part in the Championship why would you believe that they have anything to offer St Mirren in the Premiership ?

All deadwood must be ditched before we start preparing for 2018/19.

Guys toughen up,  find form etc but I take your point. 

Ross Stewart the likelier candidate for me. 

20 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Stewart will remain. The management team like him and , personally, think he’s got huge potential. 

I could be wrong, but hasn’t the lad only got two years of pro football under his belt?

On ‎04‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 10:40 PM, Wilbur said:

I will be surprised if Ross Stewart (outfield) is part of our set up at the start of next season.

I'm next to certain he'll be with us next season and beyond , there's definitely a player there. He may even go out on loan again and train with us full time , he still needs to bulk up , but I can see him as a future first-teamer |!

23 hours ago, billyg said:

I'm next to certain he'll be with us next season and beyond , there's definitely a player there. He may even go out on loan again and train with us full time , he still needs to bulk up , but I can see him as a future first-teamer |!

I think there is a player there too. I wouldn't be surprised if the club treated him much in the same way that the fakes treated Stevie May when there was questions about whether he would be good enough. Keep him on and find a Championship club for him on loan next season to see if he has adapted to the physical side of full time training and can do a job. Someone like Ayr or QoTS would be a good bet I reckon.