Lewis Morgan 2018/19

13 hours ago, rabuddies said:

See James Forrest is nominated. Everything I read or hear about him from Celtic fans is that he's distinctly average, can't cross a decent ball and shouldn't be in the team? POTY nominee? Funny game football.

Forrest is average seriously ? Even fellow pros of other teams voting for him . I'm  no old firm fan but when a good player is a good player you can't hide the fact at least the lad is Scottish and proud of it. 

14 hours ago, munoz said:

Well deserved. Also good to see J McGinn getting nominated for the PFA player of the year. 

Amazing to have a championship player nominated. Well done Lewis. Well done too John McGinn. I guess that KT will win. He is now an established international. Lewis will have his day.

15 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Not sure where you read these ideas as he's probably had his best season to date.

There were a few sellic fans on the Clyde phone in the other night on about this.They were giving Forest,and Sinclair,a hard time and saying Roberts should always start ahead of them.

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

This vote is from players not a few fans. 

I know exactly who picks the award.

You asked where another poster has seen comments about Forest.I gave you an example.

On 22/04/2018 at 12:15 PM, pozbaird said:

We’ve seen many young players leave before really achieving anything tangible in the stripes. Many have left to try their luck down South. This kid has his head screwed on, and has a chance to really make it big, without having to leave home, or leave family and friends. He leaves us having helped secure a championship, and the last thing he did at home was to score the winner against Morton, before winding them up something rotten. He’s scored great goals, has contributed greatly.

I really hope he gets his chance at Celtic, shines, and like another true talent there in Kieran Tierney, becomes a Scottish international and secures a life changing move to the EPL. I am sure, absolutely certain, that if he turns out against us, this will be different from some players who join opposition teams and are jeered. He deserves, and I’m sure will receive, a warm welcome back.

A sixteen million pound move to Spurs or Southampton, Everton or Newcastle.

Pleasing. Thanks for the tangible memories Lewis, good luck at Celtic.

It was a joke on P & B in 2016.

And the serial abuser above couldn't help himself. 

:lol:

Many congratulations to Lewis for winning Championship Player of the Year. A clear and worthy winner. Head and shoulders above the other players in the division.

Also nice to hear him give credit to his manager and the rest of the team.

Thanks for what you've done for our club, Lewis, and all best wishes for the future.

On 26/04/2018 at 10:05 AM, HSS said:

There were a few sellic fans on the Clyde phone in the other night on about this.They were giving Forest,and Sinclair,a hard time and saying Roberts should always start ahead of them.

...and they’ll be the first ones creaming themselves about Forrest’s great goal and display, and saying how they knew Forrest would rip the Sevco a new one. :P

I occasionally pop over to P&B for a wee read (yes, I know....), and have been surprised at some of the posts from Saints fans suggesting that Morgan needs to 'bulk up/hit the gym'.

Lewis did just that before the start of season 16/17, now has considerable upper body strength, and is in no way a lightweight.

This notion that he could get bullied on account of his stature doesn't really cut it for me. He might get a bit of treatment, but that will be because he is a very good player, not because he is a wee wimpy laddie (he clearly isn't!).

Whilst out injured, Kyle Magennis 'hit the gym' and came back looking much bigger in terms of his physique.....too big, as it happened. He lost mobility and pace as a result, and had to lose some of the muscle mass he had developed.

The lad Quitongo at Morton has a similar issue. Too much time in the gym, and not enough practice with the final ball, in his case.

Morgan will always be subject to physical challenges, as that is usually the only way to effectively stop him getting past you, and putting on a bit more bulk won't alter that fact.  As it is, he isn't easily out-muscled or 'bullied'.  He just needs to keep doing what he is doing whilst further developing certain aspects of his game, such as knowing when to release the ball and when to use his pace and trickery a bit more effectively to create space for others.

• 2 weeks later...

Full international call up for Lewis for upcoming friendlies.

ETA - I might as well ask the question....

Would he have been called up if he were still a St Mirren player...? <_<

Edited by Drew

10 minutes ago, Drew said:

Very good question. I remember the same happening with Broadfoot, no sooner was he at Rangers (1872-2012) he got a call up and scored against Iceland. It wasn't as if he had suddenly become 10x better by leaving us for them.

If someone could be assed (I know I can't be assed to do this), they could research all the call ups from the bigot sides (from either this squad or preferably Strachan's last squad as it was a proper match) and see if any of them got a cap before joining their bigot side. Meaning those who joined the bigots from Scottish sides, not Eng Prem/Champ where they may have been called up.

24 minutes ago, Drew said:

Definitely not. They have a set list of them they look at and dont deviate from it.

You just need to look at Jamie Murphy. 29 years old and never had a full cap in his life. Joins one half of the old firm and within 2 months he's getting a call up.

26 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

He will be the first St Mirren player to represent Scotland since Roy Aitken. 

And aye....he's won the call up solely on the back of performances for St. Mirren so we get to claim it. 

He was a Celtic player on loan to us. :rolleyes: