Lewis Morgan 2018/19

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

The natives are restless. 

They dislike JR's negativity which is something we never could accuse him of here. 

That surprised me as well. We did play a lot of counter-attacking football, though - perhaps it's that? I've not seen them play at all this season, but 

What cracks me up is they want to sack him. What part of their recent managerial strategy of sacking folk every time it doesn't work do they think has been a success (see below)?!  Yes, I know we've been through a fair few ourselves, and yes, I bet you can find dicks on the internet who want Kearney sacked, too, but still, my point stands: why not give Ross a second season now that he's had the chance to learn the league?

He's going to end up at Hibs with Morgan and Mallan, isn't he?

image.png.013e916f517228cd101a0f7e8b568dc1.png

image.png

3 hours ago, Ronnie said:

I see the Premier League team stuck in League 1 self destructed 2nd half last night and missed out on winning the League, missed out on automatic promotion and now have to negotiate 3 tough games  to try and claim the last promotion place. 

I really hope they do it. 

I would hardly call it self destructing - Portsmouth just above them equally got beat last night.

It shows how tough a league it is and the top 2 just won more points (perhaps only 2 wins more over the season)

Barnsley also had a large budget and Luton have been on the up for a few seasons and kept the momentum going.

They may or may not still make it. Obviously tough gig to call but for his first season in charge, JR has turned them from a team who got beaten regularly to a team who win regularly. The main issue this season was too many draws (including draws against the 3 teams above them the last time they played each other).

So he needs to improve defence and attack for next season... I think he will get another year, though if they go up, maybe then they might look for a more experienced manager rather than the other way round - who knows?  :bounce2

I really hope they do it.   -   ME TOO

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Looks like my Self Destructing prediction sums Sunderland's season up perfectly. 

I don't think they self-destructed - they lost by an injury time winner. They will be back stronger next season. Luton and Barnsley were better all season long, better goals for, better defensively - JR if he is still there will improve the playing squad for the next season.... it was a tough league and they fell short.

Dundee Utd likewise fell short - they hardly self-destructed either - small margins

I can see Jack Ross being fired now, which isn't something I would like to see at all. Aside from the fact I would like to see him succeed down there, I would hate to see him back up here managing Killie or Dundee.

10 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

I don't think they self-destructed - they lost by an injury time winner. They will be back stronger next season. Luton and Barnsley were better all season long, better goals for, better defensively - JR if he is still there will improve the playing squad for the next season.... it was a tough league and they fell short.

Dundee Utd likewise fell short - they hardly self-destructed either - small margins

Luton and Barnsley were poor up until October time then they went on great runs that Sunderland failed to match. 

As for Dundee United spying on Saints Training to get Penalty tips, to Robbie Neilson celebrating match going to penalties then proceeding to miss ALL 4 PENALTIES I would say self destructing is quite apt. 

4 minutes ago, Ronnie said:
11 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

Luton and Barnsley were poor up until October time then they went on great runs that Sunderland failed to match. 

As for Dundee United spying on Saints Training to get Penalty tips, to Robbie Neilson celebrating match going to penalties then proceeding to miss ALL 4 PENALTIES I would say self destructing is quite apt. 

When a were a lad though, folk were taught nae ta mock the afflicted.

1 hour ago, gstretchuk said:

No i didn't "soft-cock" but won't be renewing season ticket next season...first time in nearly 25 years....might go to odd game but that's it...

gstretchuk

• First team captain
  •  
  •  

2 hours ago, Kemp said:

Of course it worked out well for us but no thanks to McGinn himself..walked at end of contract with no contact with anybody from club..totally disrespectful to the club who invested in him...he could not have cared less...Jack Ross was just a mercenary not giving a feck about club either...they are no longer at Saints so couldn't care less about them although i have enjoyed Ross failure this year immensely...

Of course it worked out well for us but no thanks to McGinn himself..walked at end of contract with no contact with anybody from club..totally disrespectful to the club who invested in him...he could not have cared less...Jack Ross was just a mercenary not giving a feck about club either...they are no longer at Saints so couldn't care less about them although i have enjoyed Ross failure this year immensely...

Grow up, players move on & managers move on. [emoji6]

46 minutes ago, ged62 said:

Grow up, players move on & managers move on. emoji6.png

Please don't.  Your making me out bad. :(#

2 hours ago, gstretchuk said:

No i didn't "soft-cock" but won't be renewing season ticket next season...first time in nearly 25 years....might go to odd game but that's it..

Edited by pod