Lewis Morgan 2018/19

48 minutes ago, Naughtius maximus said:

You don’t need to buy a season ticket , you already sit in the same seat as two other posters on here .

Which one are you ? 

Shetland or Wendy ? 

Smokie ? 

Me ? 

All four ? 

2 minutes ago, Naughtius maximus said:

Now and again I come on here to have a look and see if it’s improved any. Nae chance , same roasters same shite .

Are you away again? 

Ta ta dude. 

You certainly will not be remembered. 

:byebye

Are you Uncle Colm in disguise ? 

53 minutes ago, Naughtius maximus said:

I think someone needs to get another job. Obviously the taxi business is too quiet giving him far too much time on his hands to make up aliases and pollute the site.
Got a lot to say for someone who wouldn’t say boo to a goose in real life .

Boo . 

Is this not real life ? 

15 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Luton and Barnsley were poor up until October time then they went on great runs that Sunderland failed to match. 

As for Dundee United spying on Saints Training to get Penalty tips, to Robbie Neilson celebrating match going to penalties then proceeding to miss ALL 4 PENALTIES I would say self destructing is quite apt. 

We can agree to differ on the definition of self destructing.

Sunderland were 2nd in the league for only 6 weeks all season and were mainly 3rd or 4th - so they hardly self destructed, they simply were not one of the top two and failed in effectively a play-off for the 3rd promotion place because of a 94th minute goal...

Dundee Utd did not self destruct either - they were decent over both ties. They just did not handle the pressure of penalties. Have you even took part in a professional penalty shoot out? I once had scored 15 out of 15 penalties for my team over 3 season, but hit the post in a final  after extra time - law of averages would say I was going to miss sometime, but the pressure was unlike any of the others I took.... thankfully my teammates won it - I was devastated though...

4 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Sunderland fans on social media are slaughtering Morgan.

After watching the Netflix documentary,  that's not surprising. Their fans don't seem very patient. 

1 hour ago, pod said:

Oor Morgan in Scotland team...........:whistlemorgan.thumb.jpg.facf181b653225937a4098455644825c.jpg

Not particularly having a dig a Morgan, but the level of quality in our squad is not the best.

That said, many a good team beats teams who had better quality players... Really hope Clark can build a team that achieves more than the sum of its parts . . . 

10 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Not particularly having a dig a Morgan, but the level of quality in our squad is not the best.

That said, many a good team beats teams who had better quality players... Really hope Clark can build a team that achieves more than the sum of its parts . . . 

That was me having dig at the BBC. Red Button Service for getting it so wrong.  Someone not doing their homework.  

3 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Why was that wrong. That was the squad for the South American Tour a while back. Morgan was playing for us when the squad was announced. Otherwise Christie and McBurnie would have been wrong too.

I think he was joining both parts of the sign together - implying it looks like they are claiming the 5 names listed are all uncapped.

5 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

I think he was joining both parts of the sign together - implying it looks like they are claiming the 5 names listed are all uncapped.

I'm lost but it doesnae matter.

As for Lewis, if we're going to be brutally honest, it would appear that he was just a really good Scottish Championship player who has failed to replicate that ability at a higher level. He failed to break through at Celtic (although that's not necessarily a disgrace) and apart from one of two flashes here and there, he's largely been gash at Sunderland too. I thought that was going to be a great move for him and a good level at which to showcase his talent, but he's been a bit of a damp squib.

I wanted both Ross and Lewis to do well, but it has to be said they've both failed this season. I never subscribed to the theory that anything short of winning the league would constitute failure for Jack, but failing to get promoted definitely does. 

3 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I'm lost but it doesnae matter.

As for Lewis, if we're going to be brutally honest, it would appear that he was just a really good Scottish Championship player who has failed to replicate that ability at a higher level. He failed to break through at Celtic (although that's not necessarily a disgrace) and apart from one of two flashes here and there, he's largely been gash at Sunderland too. I thought that was going to be a great move for him and a good level at which to showcase his talent, but he's been a bit of a damp squib.

I wanted both Ross and Lewis to do well, but it has to be said they've both failed this season. I never subscribed to the theory that anything short of winning the league would constitute failure for Jack, but failing to get promoted definitely does. 

Lewis is certainly not "just a Scottish Championship player." He would already be able to have an impact on the Scottish Premier, and has just as much potential as John McGinn.

Unfortunately, this is the risk if you go and sign with Celtic or Rangers. You stop playing every week, stop developing, and are then farmed out to a team on loan where it may or may not work for you. Sunderland seem to have serious problems in attack, I'd imagine Morgan is being made in to something of scapegoat due to his ties to the manager & his nationality. Bottom line however; it clearly hasn't worked for him.

If players that age have belief in their own ability then they need to avoid the Glasgow bigots like the plague. 

1 minute ago, Kemp said:

Lewis is certainly not "just a Scottish Championship player." He would already be able to have an impact on the Scottish Premier, and has just as much potential as John McGinn.

Unfortunately, this is the risk if you go and sign with Celtic or Rangers. You stop playing every week, stop developing, and are then farmed out to a team on loan where it may or may not work for you. Sunderland seem to have serious problems in attack, I'd imagine Morgan is being made in to something of scapegoat due to his ties to the manager & his nationality. Bottom line however; it clearly hasn't worked for him.

If players that age have belief in their own ability then they need to avoid the Glasgow bigots like the plague. 

Given the desperate ambition of Rangers to terminate Celtic's march towards achieving ten-in-a-row, Celtic's wake-up call to improve their squad will move into top gear budget-wise thus moving Lewis further down the pecking order.  After the honeymoon of financial joy, the reality of his reduced status will come home to bite.  Lewis is a player who wants to play and, not in a loan mode.  I could well see him move on.

3 hours ago, Desperately Seeking Susans said:

Given the desperate ambition of Rangers to terminate Celtic's march towards achieving ten-in-a-row, Celtic's wake-up call to improve their squad will move into top gear budget-wise thus moving Lewis further down the pecking order.  After the honeymoon of financial joy, the reality of his reduced status will come home to bite.  Lewis is a player who wants to play and, not in a loan mode.  I could well see him move on.

Given that many Saints fans thought he won the Championship for us and was the best thing since sliced bread, it seems that he is not.

Don't get me wrong he was great for us. However, I highlighted at the time he was being muted to sign for Tic that he was going to be moving from playing every 1st team game when he was fit, to being a squad member, and unlikely to feature that much. Not only have I been proved right, but Mickey Johnson has proved to be better in their eyes - begging the question why they signed Morgan in the 1st place.... anyhow - he is on a 4 1/2 year contract - so it will be loan or contract termination that are the two most likely outcomes for him.

Edited by Sweeper07