Lewis Morgan 2018/19

25 minutes ago, Desperately Seeking Susans said:

Given the desperate ambition of Rangers to terminate Celtic's march towards achieving ten-in-a-row, Celtic's wake-up call to improve their squad will move into top gear budget-wise thus moving Lewis further down the pecking order.  After the honeymoon of financial joy, the reality of his reduced status will come home to bite.  Lewis is a player who wants to play and, not in a loan mode.  I could well see him move on.

Hibs  ? Don't know how long he will be out after he gets a knee operation.  W

2 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Why was that wrong. That was the squad for the South American Tour a while back. Morgan was playing for us when the squad was announced. Otherwise Christie and McBurnie would have been wrong too.

Check time and date on top. They were listed as part of Clarke's team yesterday morning on the BBC Red Button Service.

3 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I'm lost but it doesnae matter.

As for Lewis, if we're going to be brutally honest, it would appear that he was just a really good Scottish Championship player who has failed to replicate that ability at a higher level. He failed to break through at Celtic (although that's not necessarily a disgrace) and apart from one of two flashes here and there, he's largely been gash at Sunderland too. I thought that was going to be a great move for him and a good level at which to showcase his talent, but he's been a bit of a damp squib.

I wanted both Ross and Lewis to do well, but it has to be said they've both failed this season. I never subscribed to the theory that anything short of winning the league would constitute failure for Jack, but failing to get promoted definitely does. 

JR seems to have made the same mistake Alex Neil made when taking Andreu for £1,000,000 to Norwich. JR did the same thing coming to us in the form of ne Jordan Kirkpatrick too.

JR has hardly failed miserably - an extra time winner - it is a tough loss. They should be better equipped next season, but there is often one team who does far better than many folk expected. JR needs to make sure that 2 teams don't do better than Sunderland next season - if he is allowed a 2nd chance...

Lewis is certainly not "just a Scottish Championship player." He would already be able to have an impact on the Scottish Premier, and has just as much potential as John McGinn.
Unfortunately, this is the risk if you go and sign with Celtic or Rangers. You stop playing every week, stop developing, and are then farmed out to a team on loan where it may or may not work for you. Sunderland seem to have serious problems in attack, I'd imagine Morgan is being made in to something of scapegoat due to his ties to the manager & his nationality. Bottom line however; it clearly hasn't worked for him.
If players that age have belief in their own ability then they need to avoid the Glasgow bigots like the plague. 
I'm not sure Morgy has the same potential as John McGinn. Hes a bit of a one off I think.

He could potentially be similar to a Kenny McLean or a wee Stevie Mallan who have both excelled at other clubs outwith the OF.

I actually thought wee Stevie's exploits at Hibs might have got him into contention for a Scotland squad even just for his set pieces.

17 minutes ago, Hambud said:

I'm not sure Morgy has the same potential as John McGinn. Hes a bit of a one off I think.

He could potentially be similar to a Kenny McLean or a wee Stevie Mallan who have both excelled at other clubs outwith the OF.

I actually thought wee Stevie's exploits at Hibs might have got him into contention for a Scotland squad even just for his set pieces.

Have the Hibs fans taken to Mallan? Last I saw he was getting the blame for most of their problems. (Turned out to be Neil Lennon to blame)

21 minutes ago, Hambud said:

Morgan is not good enough for Sunderland never mind Celtic. Not an earthly he'll make it at Celtic.

John McGinn is the best player SMFC have produced since the late 70s early 80s with Abercrombie, Fitzpatrick, Richardson and the rest. 

Morgan is nowhere near his level and won't be.

8 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Have the Hibs fans taken to Mallan? Last I saw he was getting the blame for most of their problems. (Turned out to be Neil Lennon to blame)

Think this answers your question.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/latest-hibs-news/hibs-stevie-mallan-does-the-double-at-player-of-the-year-awards-1-4917417

Have you watched Morgan regularly at Sunderland ? Or is it Sunderland fans ? Jack Ross maybe ? Morgan is extremely talented and is a huge part of why we are in the premiership. Would put my house on him being a success maybe not overnight but success he will be. No chance he will be at Saints. 

Lewis Morgan when he was at us, playing full of confident was a superb player. So many times last season, teams were trying and failing to rugby tackle him to the ground. Other times they were just giving up trying to stop him as he raced past them.

Hes a brilliant player. A tough spell in a league full of 6ft3 cloggers in League One down south doesn't make him a bad player.

31 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Have you watched Morgan regularly at Sunderland ? Or is it Sunderland fans ? Jack Ross maybe ? Morgan is extremely talented and is a huge part of why we are in the premiership. Would put my house on him being a success maybe not overnight but success he will be. No chance he will be at Saints. 

He is the same as McGeouch, not good enough at top of  League One in England. Bit like Mallan at Barnsley and all the rest of them over the years.

Ross is going to have to hit the ground running next season or else he will be out too. Different level these guys are at now. 

33 minutes ago, JM1 said:

Lewis Morgan when he was at us, playing full of confident was a superb player. So many times last season, teams were trying and failing to rugby tackle him to the ground. Other times they were just giving up trying to stop him as he raced past them.

Hes a brilliant player. A tough spell in a league full of 6ft3 cloggers in League One down south doesn't make him a bad player.

It wasn't 6ft3 cloggers I was watching, it was full backs with strength and pace who could recover quickly, reading Morgan like a book.

Same as McAllister who has failed also at a higher level. McAllister IMO is borderline good enough for the Scottish Premiership. When Dreyer was here before his injury he couldn't even make the side and Dreyer was junk !

Edited by lenziebud

11 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

It wasn't 6ft3 cloggers I was watching, it was full backs with strength and pace who could recover quickly, reading Morgan like a book.

Same as McAllister who has failed also at a higher level. McAllister IMO is borderline good enough for the Scottish Premiership. When Dreyer was here before his injury he couldn't even make the side and Dreyer was junk !

What a load of shite.

7 minutes ago, Kemp said:

What a load of shite.

time will tell. bet you all 3 are playing at a lower level in 2 years than their current clubs. Dreyer especially, how a Premiership club can have him on their books is laughable !

Next you'll be telling me Nazon is decent !

Edited by lenziebud

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

He already is a success par se -  4 1/2 year contract at Tic on very decent money. Unless he gets a career threatening injury he will play on at a decent level for another8 years or so after that . . .

It has been any time I've been down to England or watched it on the telly.

League One football in England is almost constantly hoofball. It's dire.

22 minutes ago, JM1 said:

It has been any time I've been down to England or watched it on the telly.

League One football in England is almost constantly hoofball. It's dire.

have you watched much of the Scottish Premiership. Hoofball would be a complement !

60-70% of players in the Scottish Premiership wouldn't get a game for mid to top level League One clubs

have you watched much of the Scottish Premiership. Hoofball would be a complement !
60-70% of players in the Scottish Premiership wouldn't get a game for mid to top level League One clubs
Yes and teams in Scotland mostly at least try and play football rather than the lower league English clubs filling their squads full of big, strong guys then punting the ball to them. It makes your eyes bleed.

2 hours ago, lenziebud said:

McAllister is 20 years old. How can you say a 20 year old has failed when he hasn't been given his chance yet?

Kenny MacLean was a slightly above average premiership player up here and has went down to the championship and won the league down there looking like a superstar. Mcginn has done exactly the same.

Martyn Waghorn couldny kick his own arse up here and he's went down there and is Derbys 2nd top scorer and one of their best players. 

The quality outside the PL isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Edited by LargsBud

11 minutes ago, LargsBud said:

McAllister is 20 years old. How can you say a 20 year old has failed when he hasn't been given his chance yet?

Kenny MacLean was a slightly above average premiership player up here and has went down to the championship and won the league down there looking like a superstar. Mcginn has done exactly the same.

Martyn Waghorn couldny kick his own arse up here and he's went down there and is Derbys 2nd top scorer and one of their best players. 

The quality outside the PL isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Exactly, the list of English players who have come up here from all levels of the English leagues and failed is at least as long as the list of Scots who fail down there.

37 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

You are awfully cocky for someone who told us we were all stupid for not wanting McIntyre as manager last year.

How the hell do you think McAllister has failed ? The poor fella has hardly kicked a ball for their u23 s because of recurring injuries, he hasn’t had a chance to prove himself at any level really .