Jump to content

Here You Are Boys And Girls


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, TediousTom said:

Your dissapointment pains me in the least old boy.

 

The working class plebs who spend a significant proportion of earned income in supporting the Saint Mirren professional football club pte ltd co first team playing squad had to stare at the backs of player's heads because the main stand punters are or course much more important.  Let them eat cake and all that old boy, just so long as the highly important main stand (lets not forget the hospitality punters) patrons get looked after.  Yes quite, quite and all that, one simply couldn't have the working classes treated equally nor could we have the brats of any council estate dwellers looking on equally from the family stand.  Just wouldn't be on old boy.  Those plebs can just bloody well stare at the backs of heads until they move up the social ladder to sit amongst the revered.  In fact old boy it was awfully nice of the higher quality citizens amongst us to bloody well allow the working classes and their damnable offspring to stay back and watch at all, what, what, quite.  

 

Yes we are all equal old boy, the two tiers of membership in Smisa doesn't mean anything at all (nudge, nudge, wink, wink and all that) and it was just a damned shame that those poor blighters in the cheaper seats did not get as good a view, damned shame no-one thought of them really, but the main stand were looked after so let's not complain eh old by.  Honest old boy it was just a coincidence, I mean the patrons in hospitailty were much more deserving than the commoners of the singing section, I mean old boy who plays a drum anyway old boy?  The working class that's who old boy, I mean can NONE of them play the violin or the oboe old boy?  

 

Those chaps and chapesses in the main stand are top notch old boy and must be topper notch than the lower classses because thats how it is old boy, how it is indeed. 

have

 

I'm at a loss mate we  have all different opinions can't say much more than that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


43 minutes ago, renfrew said:

I wouldn't call that stroll round the park with the kids a lap of honour. In fact I was struggling to even see the cup when the players finally made it to W1 emoji102.png

This. We didn't even see the cup in this corner of the stadium. The cup was sort of near the halfway line (maybe in line with W3/W4), then IIRC one of the players ran over for it. By then the bulk of the team were onto the Family Stand and said player with trophy went to join his team mates meaning us lot in W1/W2 didny get a proper viewing of the cup.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Older fans always talk about how great the feeling was about the club when Fergie got St Mirren promoted. It feels incredibly special now with such an amazing bond between the support and the players. Individuals like Josh McGennis in the stands and Stephen McGinn on the park and jack in the dugout are bringing everyone together and all pulling in the right direction. It's so powerful and great to be part of.

That March from the bankhouse to the stadium on Saturday was so impressive. Everyone involved who organised should be immensely proud.

It wasn't young guys with their faces covered antaganising the police looking for trouble. It was individuals of all ages and sexes coming together to celebrate their love for the buds. I have never seen anything like Saturday in all my days of watching St Mirren.

Anyway I was wondering if any of the older posters see big similarities between our time under Fergie and now under Jack? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Mr Zo said:

Older fans always talk about how great the feeling was about the club when Fergie got St Mirren promoted. It feels incredibly special now with such an amazing bond between the support and the players. Individuals like Josh McGennis in the stands and Stephen McGinn on the park and jack in the dugout are bringing everyone together and all pulling in the right direction. It's so powerful and great to be part of.

That March from the bankhouse to the stadium on Saturday was so impressive. Everyone involved who organised should be immensely proud.

It wasn't young guys with their faces covered antaganising the police looking for trouble. It was individuals of all ages and sexes coming together to celebrate their love for the buds. I have never seen anything like Saturday in all my days of watching St Mirren.

Anyway I was wondering if any of the older posters see big similarities between our time under Fergie and now under Jack? 

I have now seen us win Scotland’s 2nd tier four times. Each one felt different. Different eras, different Scottish football landscape. Different society never mind just a different football landscape. I cannot find much comparison between 1977 and 2018.

They are all most welcome.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Mr Zo said:

Older fans always talk about how great the feeling was about the club when Fergie got St Mirren promoted. It feels incredibly special now with such an amazing bond between the support and the players. Individuals like Josh McGennis in the stands and Stephen McGinn on the park and jack in the dugout are bringing everyone together and all pulling in the right direction. It's so powerful and great to be part of.

That March from the bankhouse to the stadium on Saturday was so impressive. Everyone involved who organised should be immensely proud.

It wasn't young guys with their faces covered antaganising the police looking for trouble. It was individuals of all ages and sexes coming together to celebrate their love for the buds. I have never seen anything like Saturday in all my days of watching St Mirren.

Anyway I was wondering if any of the older posters see big similarities between our time under Fergie and now under Jack? 

It’s really difficult to say when you’re not looking at things with the same perspective. 

If i was viewing the current team and manager with the same misty, rosy cheeked optimist, 11 yearold eyes that I was back in 1977, them I may think there are similarities. 

However, these now cynical old eyes would say that football is difference now and it is simply impossible to approach this promotion with the same level of optimism that we did back then

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Do we know for sure that it was the club's decision to set up the cup presentation stage in the manner it was? I imagine the sponsors might have had some say in it (given that the structure itself seemed to be all about them). I'm guessing that the SPFL also had input as to how things were arranged?

Despite a few fairly noteworthy flaws in terms of the organisation of the celebrations on Saturday, the key thing is that we all had something to celebrate.

Anyway, I'd done most of my celebrating the previous weekend....hic!:cheers:bag

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Drew said:

Do we know for sure that it was the club's decision to set up the cup presentation stage in the manner it was? I imagine the sponsors might have had some say in it (given that the structure itself seemed to be all about them). I'm guessing that the SPFL also had input as to how things were arranged?

Despite a few fairly noteworthy flaws in terms of the organisation of the celebrations on Saturday, the key thing is that we all had something to celebrate.

Anyway, I'd done most of my celebrating the previous weekend....hic!:cheers:bag

 

Indeed , exactly what i thought myself. Whilst positioning it in front of the North stand would have given all the Buddies in the ground a better view , an empty stand in the background would not have looked good in the photies. .

 

COYS:D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, pozbaird said:

I have now seen us win Scotland’s 2nd tier four times. Each one felt different. Different eras, different Scottish football landscape. Different society never mind just a different football landscape. I cannot find much comparison between 1977 and 2018.

They are all most welcome.

I agree with this except I have seen us win the 2nd tier 5 times :lol:   Different being in the past, when games were very rarely on tv and if you wanted to see the game you had to go. Also pubs closing at 2-30 also helps the decision to go otherwise it was shopping with the wife :lol: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

An oversight?
I would have thought this would have been thought through when it was obvious there was a extremely good crowd.
Small things like this show a lack of experience and common sense IMO.

Well the thing about it was when the players initially received the cup only one stand could see it. Sure they did a lap of honour but that moment of receiving the trophy was missed by everyone else. It didn’t spoil my enjoyment of the day but it’s still worth pointing out IMO.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

The capacity of some folk to find a reason to moan at the happiest of times is just so very Scottish. 

That said I was in the main stand with my tartan rug , prawn sandwiches and a bottle of prosecco. 

I had a mohair rug, scallops, and Moët.

May I have your seat number so I can have you relocated for the next season?

Indeed, all time.

Riff-raff.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, saintnextlifetime said:

Indeed , exactly what i thought myself. Whilst positioning it in front of the North stand would have given all the Buddies in the ground a better view , an empty stand in the background would not have looked good in the photies. .

 

COYS:D

Know what you mean about the photies ..... but can you imagine what the background would have looked like if Falkirk [stops to laugh .... for a long time] or even Dumbarton [exits stage right to wipe tears of laughter from eyes before composing himself and coming back to the post] had won the league ..... :P :lol:D 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

My biggest gripe with the presentation was that it faced directly to hospitality while the whole West Stand (and probably some of the Family Stand too) got shafted by that header thingy. To the actual Saints fans in hospality, no grudges, no complaints, glad you guys got the top viewing. To those who are there purely because of their job or workplace, and who are not going to do so much as to even check our results next season, these were the last people who deserved that fantastic view. 

Summed up ....

After appearing at the Royal Variety Show, Tommy Cooper was introduced to the Queen. As they shook hands, Tommy asked, 

Tommy: “Do you like football?”

Queen: “Well, not really.”

Tommy: “In that case, do you mind if I have your Cup Final tickets?”  :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Westmarcher said:

Know what you mean about the photies ..... but can you imagine what the background would have looked like if Falkirk [stops to laugh .... for a long time] or even Dumbarton [exits stage right to wipe tears of laughter from eyes before composing himself and coming back to the post] had won the league ..... :P :lol:D 

I think there are two chances of Dumbarton winning the Championship , one of them is nane and the other is f**k all . Just because we happen to have a traditional , 4 stand stadium that is still situated in the Town our Team are traditionally (since the 19th century) asociated with and because we won the Championship , doesn't mean we should gloat , does it .?

 

 

 

                                                                                                                                                     :P:):D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, E=Mc2 said:

I had a mohair rug, scallops, and Moët.

May I have your seat number so I can have you relocated for the next season?

Indeed, all time.

Riff-raff.

 

 

That might be next season’s St Mirren midfield if Jack signs a job lot of Johnny Foreign diddies... Mohair, Rugg, Scallops & Moet.

The Ladbrokes stage didn’t need to be set up in front of the North Stand. After McGinn hoisted the trophy in front of the Main Stand, all that needed to happen was for the captain and team to simply walk around to the other side of the platform and lift the cup again for a few moments. What happened instead was they trooped off the platform, slipped into T Shirts, then wandered off in dribs and drabs. As I mentioned previously, the only time I glimpsed the cup was in the hands of GLS and Fitzy, when photographers got them to pose with it in front of the West Stand. GLS and Fitzy never even turned around and held it up to cheers from the WB. No, what happened next is Allan Picken posed with it, while the other photographers took his photo. Following this, why was the second Ladbrokes board set up away in the far corner of the Main and South stands, and any chance we had to peer across to see this was stymied by a gaggle of orange jacketed photographers and some family members taking up position in front of the players? 

Until someone proves otherwise, I believe the directors of our club really only give a shit about the WB clientele when they want something from us. Whether it’s ST sales, or to buy into Buy the Buds, or to purchase car park passes. After that, most likely to ignore us until it’s time to shove the OF across into what becomes a one-lavvy shoebox.  I appreciate this may read as moaning for moaning sake, but frankly, it really wouldn’t have taken much effort to parade the Championship trophy in front of the traditional ‘North Bank’ area of St Mirren fans.

Edited by pozbaird
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Westmarcher said:

Know what you mean about the photies ..... but can you imagine what the background would have looked like if Falkirk [stops to laugh .... for a long time] or even Dumbarton [exits stage right to wipe tears of laughter from eyes before composing himself and coming back to the post] had won the league ..... :P :lol:D 

Then again, if we hadn't wrapped it up by now it could have been won at Falkirk this Saturday :P

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...