Season Tickets 2018/2019 Make sure you can watch the Saints

2 hours ago, Cairters_Corner said:

I take it I can pick my desired seats on SMFC tickets on the 22nd May then post the standing order form to the club for the finance option? Assuming there will be the finance option on SMFC tickets?

I might be wrong CC but I think the finance option only applies after the early bird offer expires. 

Can't see guidance on how you pay.... Perhaps shows the option when you reserve your seats. 

Much as I reckon football is overpriced here in general, the prices seem pretty reasonable.
I've hummed and hawed about getting a ST again, but have an issue in terms of deciding where to sit as there are unlikely to be any decent seats available close to mates.

Spare seat next to your pal shull in W1 [emoji102]

Think there will be quite a few West Stand buds relocating to W6 and W7 now, which will in turn free up blocks of seats probably in W4 and W5 mostly. The downside is you won't know which seats are available until the early bird pricing is finished.
The club were really helpful with me in the past when I was moving my season ticket in that they allowed me to move from one seat to another after the deadline but still honoured the early bird ticket.

Aye, that's a bit of an issue.
I would happily pay up front for a ST that let me roam based on what seats were available (ie - unreserved) on the day. I appreciate that this could be logistically challenging, but it would at least mean that the club get an advance lump sum from me. Otherwise, it could be difficult to justify.
You can to a degree ie until you sit in some else's seat and they want to use it.

I would always want to sit in my seat as it's with my mates and got a great view but I know plenty of folk "roam" and change end at half time.

Though if St Ricky sells the place out you'll not get the option.

I am positive that the old system was set up as a "template" when each ST added seat was removed from online display.
I don't think it was ever re set, Ive had 3 different ST seats on system they all show up unavailable. Ive bought tickets which have said reserved on them checked system for next home game to see if same on system and it was.

Hopefully be changed for next season. 

No. I got my current seat in our 3rd season. It is my third and favourite seat in the new ground. I lost the first due not not renewing quickly enough and then after that moved again to get back onto the same row as my pals.

I couldn't have done that if they all stayed blacked out.

Maybe the board made their decisions based on this type of post: (My responses are in Red)

"Firstly people cannot always afford a season ticket.

Ticket prices and average wages are in line with prices in the 1970s when Crowds were Growing in the Ferguson Era.

Secondly they have other things in their life and cannot attend every home game.

Of course they do. This is a discretionary spend item. One that's nice to have but not necessary. See below.

Thirdly, where, exactly are these extra fans going to come from?

Fourthly, we, quite simply, are at the top end of our regular support, unless that dafty Tony is right and we get into the Champions League.

Numbers have grown steadily over the past three seasons. We have been promoted to the Top League. What's not to like?

We've been in the top league before, nothing to suggest we will improve on this seasons despite you banging on about seeing better players."

Strange really that attendances are higher as you move up the leagues in Scotland.

No disrespect to our title winning squad but Jack Ross intends to Improve on it - Result - Better Players in Saint's Jerseys

I saw few, if any, international players in opposition teams last season - I will see many in the next season - Playing My Team Live.

I find these two points attractive - Going back to Priorities - People tend to Prioritise What they Enjoy Most once family duties are covered.

As the club now say - We were on our way - Now were here to stay.

Back the Buds and be there I say.

(You might disagree)

18 hours ago, davidg said:

Feel sorry for the 12 year olds out there. Looks like they’re not invited...... :P

Seriously though, great value for money.  £450 for my 4 seats is tremendous value. 

Only thing that could have been a good idea would be to extent the early bird option for another week after the deadline to secure your current seats. This would give new season ticket holders the chance to take up an early bird offer and possibly select a decent seat location that has been freed up. 

It's my (soon to be) 13 year old that I feel sorry for. Or rather, I feel sorry for myself since it's me that's paying.  I'm not clear on the logic behind charging a 13 year old £115 more than a 12 year old.  His ability to earn an income hasn't changed!

Otherwise the pricing structure looks very reasonable.

16 hours ago, Hambud said:

No. I got my current seat in our 3rd season. It is my third and favourite seat in the new ground. I lost the first due not not renewing quickly enough and then after that moved again to get back onto the same row as my pals.

I couldn't have done that if they all stayed blacked out.

I mean for us as viewers online. I think ticket office can still sell the seats just what i think happens.

Maybe put a post up for those transferring into W6/7 to volunteer up info on where they have current seats to allow anyone moving into West Stand know where there will be seating becoming available? I'm sure the club would help out with swapping if an agreed match found

On 09/05/2018 at 2:27 PM, Kirkie said:

It's my (soon to be) 13 year old that I feel sorry for. Or rather, I feel sorry for myself since it's me that's paying.  I'm not clear on the logic behind charging a 13 year old £115 more than a 12 year old.  His ability to earn an income hasn't changed!

Otherwise the pricing structure looks very reasonable.

Edit to add. His ability to earn income has actually changed. 13 is the age your kid can start working on a part time basis. 

Edited by davidg

10 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Good to see a Twitter survey being carried out to test reactions to the new season ticket proposals for the South Stand. 

Great

Great for who, Twitter users only I assume you mean ?

17 hours ago, davidg said:

Think you may have been whooshed by my point. 

12 year olds don’t fall under any pricing structure. 

Nah, I just used your post as a platform for my relatively mild gripe at having to shell out an extra £115 on account of a 13th birthday falling a few days before the renewals open.

Mind you, if the club are really setting their pricing age bands on the basis that 13 year olds have a new found opportunity to earn a few quid on a paper round, that seems a tad mean spirited!

18 minutes ago, Kirkie said:

Nah, I just used your post as a platform for my relatively mild gripe at having to shell out an extra £115 on account of a 13th birthday falling a few days before the renewals open.

Mind you, if the club are really setting their pricing age bands on the basis that 13 year olds have a new found opportunity to earn a few quid on a paper round, that seems a tad mean spirited!

Might there be a job opportunity at the club for your kid............

I back the board but do feel that this could have been handled better.  Like others,  I understand the economic reality but feel this was a bit rushed.  I would have preferred to see the club offer family prices in a section of the West Stand in combination with an early bird offer.  Whilst I would prefer to see theSouth Stand filled by Saints Fans for all games or at least those not against the OF as the only place in the stadium where fans can buy single game tickets... Possibly unallocated seating. 

On 09/05/2018 at 5:27 PM, madball said:

Maybe put a post up for those transferring into W6/7 to volunteer up info on where they have current seats to allow anyone moving into West Stand know where there will be seating becoming available? I'm sure the club would help out with swapping if an agreed match found

Take it you have never tried to swap seats. Tried twice to move my son's closer to mine and it's been an administrative nightmare both times.

54 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

There might be a few extra seats more than expected if the JR situation isn't sorted before the early bird ticket sales kick off.

Unfortunately you're correct. This will have an affect on the fairweather supporters.