How many seats do the bigots get ?

11 hours ago, div said:

Always going to be a trade off between the utopia the Saints fans want (not a single Rangers or Celtic fan within 100 miles of the stadium) and what makes sense financially.

The club are very aware of the special atmosphere that has been created in W6 and W7 and that in general having the whole West Stand for Saints supporters is better for all the fans in that stand as we have all the facilities.

I'm sure they will come up with a plan :huh:

A plan without a megaphone for no apparent reason it would seem

Anyway in answer to the original poster's question I have the answer

One each, one each indeed

3 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Has there ever been so many posts about seats, attendances, empty seats, sold out games, projected attendances, season tickets, prices etc? :rolleyes:

No....It highlights the interest in the team and our future opponents and our opportunity to maximise ticket sales to soak up the 5000 season tickets needed to ensure that away fans only occupy the North Stand. At less than the cost of 2 pints of beer a week....a season ticket looks good value.

Ok here goes, hard hat on for all the flack heading my way. There is no chance of us selling 5000 season tickets or getting that as home crowd against bigots unfortunately. I would grab the money from them to give us best chance to compete for top 6 place. I would keep West and Main stand for us. I would give them both stands behind goals, sell ST’s for family stand either to include bigot games on the understanding Buds are moved to West/Main stand (their choice which stand) and sell cheaper ST for family stand to exclude those games as historically the family stand is quieter on bigot games as folks don’t want kids to attend.
I would keep the bigots in for 10/15 minutes after the game to let the good people time to get on our way.
I would love to be proved wrong with our attendances but the last two promotions we went back to our normal home crowd levels in the top flight. I genuinely think we will do better with JR & JF and crowds will be up but not to the extent people are saying.
Would love to be proved wrong but can’t see it.

7 hours ago, Greenhill Road said:

Ok here goes, hard hat on for all the flack heading my way. There is no chance of us selling 5000 season tickets or getting that as home crowd against bigots unfortunately. I would grab the money from them to give us best chance to compete for top 6 place. I would keep West and Main stand for us. I would give them both stands behind goals, sell ST’s for family stand either to include bigot games on the understanding Buds are moved to West/Main stand (their choice which stand) and sell cheaper ST for family stand to exclude those games as historically the family stand is quieter on bigot games as folks don’t want kids to attend.
I would keep the bigots in for 10/15 minutes after the game to let the good people time to get on our way.
I would love to be proved wrong with our attendances but the last two promotions we went back to our normal home crowd levels in the top flight. I genuinely think we will do better with JR & JF and crowds will be up but not to the extent people are saying.
Would love to be proved wrong but can’t see it.

Totally agree with this. Need to keep the west for home, but did we not try the 1600 tickets for the OF before, only to have a poor attendance and some aways going in the home end?

I can't see us having a nearly full home attendance either sadly. People will turn out to see us win things, like they did when Love Street was packed under Gus in D1, but many people drift away over a full season for various reasons. The OF games will be on TV too. 

The challenge thrown down to the fans about buying so many season tickets to keep the West Bank for home fans all season worked well. Perhaps similar could be done for the first game against Rangers and Celtic - sell out the home end and we'll only give them the away stand for all the other games. First game could be a tester.

7 minutes ago, Stu said:

The challenge thrown down to the fans about buying so many season tickets to keep the West Bank for home fans all season worked well. Perhaps similar could be done for the first game against Rangers and Celtic - sell out the home end and we'll only give them the away stand for all the other games. First game could be a tester.

Lets go route 1 and buy enough season tickets to fill MAIN and WEST stands. Price them right and provide finance for those who need it. Cost less than 2 pints of beer a week. Not much to be able to claim your seat at the home of the Champions. 

Edited by St.Ricky

We will not sell 5000+ home tickets (ST or not), if we are losing more than we win those drifter fans will drift off again. Most of this season's attendance figures have been in the 3K-4K range. Average away attendances will go up and we may see more regular 4K figures (including away fans). As with many other clubs we are in a town full of bigot fans and we won't be changing their minds. All we can do is keep up the free/cheap kids tickets to schools and clubs and use this to give us our next generation of fans, before they end up as lifelong bigot fans as well. I hate the idea of bigot fans in home ends but it is financial stupidity to give them away end only if we are not selling out the home ends. I said earlier in this thread to start the Bigots off with the 1,600 in the away end, leave a home section unallocated. This gives both clubs a chance to sell through what they have. If we sell out we take the unallocated section. If Bigots sell out and we aren't close to it, give them the unallocated section. Best way forward, and then we can't say we've handed them it straight away, we had our chance too.

Hubs have cut the ticket allocation for The Rangers visit to Easter Road as they can sell the tickets to home fans.  The way to go.  North Stand only. 

Sell out Main and West and keep families,  kids, clubs and teams come to the South Stand. 

A guaranteed seat to watch the champions in action for less than the cost of Two Pints a week.

Don't miss the next stage in our journey. 

Just now, St.Ricky said:

HIbs have cut the ticket allocation for The Rangers visit to Easter Road as they can sell the tickets to home fans.  The way to go.  North Stand only. 

Sell out Main and West and keep families,  kids, clubs and teams come to the South Stand. 

A guaranteed seat to watch the champions in action for less than the cost of Two Pints a week.

Don't miss the next stage in our journey. 

Away stand only.

We should build on the success of last season, not offering up ways to diminish it.

Concentrate on how to keep building our own support not how to get more opponents in !

Our Town, Our Team................Our Fans.

These games should involve everything possible being done to ensure they feel like home games for our players and fans not an away game.

Fans (families) shouldn't be asked to pay up front for season tickets for seats they will be moved from.

How to deflate your own support........Make them play second fiddle to others.

Ultimately what is the priority ?  Making as much money as possible from 2 clubs supporters or Build our own support as much as possible ?

All this grief over 2 clubs who are nothing but trouble....1 stand and no more !!

3 hours ago, renfrew said:

Hibs are only giving Newco 1500 tickets for their game. Newco not happy and said in future they will do the same to Hibs emoji23.png Can you imagine the uproar from them if we only gave them the 1 stand emoji23.png

Good on them , but I don't know what Sevco are complaining about. Hibs have capacity of 20421 and are offering 1500 tickets and Sevco have a capacity of 50817 but usually give away fans less than 1500. If I was the Hibs owner I'd offer them 500 tickets .

7 minutes ago, munoz said:

Good on them , but I don't know what Sevco are complaining about. Hibs have capacity of 20421 and are offering 1500 tickets and Sevco have a capacity of 50817 but usually give away fans less than 1500. If I was the Hibs owner I'd offer them 500 tickets .

Its a conspiracy didn't you know, started off with that Liechtenstein mob  cheating, and Craig Gordon denying Sevcos come back to 4-4 in the semi....... maybe Kenny Millar influenced the Hibs BOD just before he signed his pre contract, troble with offering the Sevco support seats is that they tend to take the seats back to Govan

1 hour ago, Drew said:

Celtic and The Rangers should be given the same allocation as any other club in the Premiership - the North Stand.

Quite simple.

You know and I know they will come into our end if that is the case. Would the stewards and police throw they out if they were there in big numbers ? I wouldn't bet on it since we have all seen how they get treated different from the home fans. If it did happen then great, but then our fans would have no complaint if we are unable to get new players in during January due to being  skint.

1 hour ago, Drew said:

Celtic and The Rangers should be given the same allocation as any other club in the Premiership - the North Stand.

Quite simple.

It's all that will be left after Saints Fans have bought out Season Tickets for the Main and West Stand. 

W7 All singing section complete with drum. 

9 hours ago, renfrew said:

Hibs are only giving Newco 1500 tickets for their game. Newco not happy and said in future they will do the same to Hibs emoji23.png Can you imagine the uproar from them if we only gave them the 1 stand emoji23.png

Uproar? 1600 tickets for a stadium that only holds about 8,000? What grounds for uproar would the 2012 Tribute Act have?... Can just imagine them unfurling banners.... ‘1600 seats - we deserve better’. :P

Edited by pozbaird

5 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

It's all that will be left after Saints Fans have bought out Season Tickets for the Main and West Stand. 

W7 All singing section complete with drum. 

St Mirren fans will NOT buy out STs and fill the West and South Stands. Please give this a rest.

1 minute ago, St.Ricky said:

Let's see what the board come up with.

They’ll come up with a staggered pricing structure with some sort of early bird discount. The longer you wait, the more you’ll pay. We will simply NOT pack out the West and Main Stands with black and white clad ST holders.

If you believe we will, then you must also believe in the tooth fairy.

8 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

They’ll come up with a staggered pricing structure with some sort of early bird discount. The longer you wait, the more you’ll pay. We will simply NOT pack out the West and Main Stands with black and white clad ST holders.

He does.................it's where he gets his never ending pot of money he keeps telling us about..................

Image result for Toothless old man

46 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

What? Are you telling me there is no tooth fairy? You'll be telling me next that Santa Claus doesn't exist. 

PS Faraway...I am a poor pensioner. Struggling along. Like many. 

By the way I see that Barnsley also have their next season tickets on sale. Just as Dundee have. 

Edited by St.Ricky