How many seats do the bigots get ?

The long and short of it is that this is an inconvenience for the fans who have to move seats. 
Is this inconvenience to you to move seat really not worth the benefits it brings to the club?
Many of us travel all over the country to support St Mirren at awkward and difficult kick off times which I would imagine is a massive inconvenience to people - financially and logistically. But we do it for the love of the club.
Is it too much to ask for someone to sit 40 meters away from where they normally sit for 3 games?
The over reaction on this is ridiculous. 
So no points of view are allowed to be expressed if not in line with the majority?
Close the forum now then!

My main complaint is that after the season we had, I believe we had a perfect opportunity to build our own support.

No effort has been made to do that at all. We seem to have just accepted that we cannot fill our own stands with our own fans without even trying.

I really don't see that as a ridiculous over reaction.

The deal has been pitched before the season tickets have gone on sale so I know exactly what the offer is.

Last time round v Rangers that was not the case and our grievance was legitimate.

1 minute ago, LargsBud said:

The long and short of it is that this is an inconvenience for the fans who have to move seats. 

Is this inconvenience to you to move seat really not worth the benefits it brings to the club?

Many of us travel all over the country to support St Mirren at awkward and difficult kick off times which I would imagine is a massive inconvenience to people - financially and logistically. But we do it for the love of the club.

Is it too much to ask for someone to sit 40 meters away from where they normally sit for 3 games?

The over reaction on this is ridiculous. 

I too have travelled all over and I know first hand how we are treated at Ibrox and Parkhead, yet despite this our fan owned club appear to value the OF pound more than our own fans. 

It looks like I have dismantled the financial argument and we are now looking at ‘it isn’t that much of an inconvenience so just get on with it’

The reality is that this decision and the inaccuracies about the financials used to justify it show the general attitude of the board to the fans. 

Different people see it different ways. You obviously aren't affected by this but the crux of it is that the club have decided to prioritise getting these sets of away fans extra seats while not giving a toss about those who normally sit in the Family Stand.

Pissing off a section of your own fans for a few extra quid.

Hope it's worth it and if it all works out without a hitch or trouble and the club make the extra cash they want.

For me, it has slightly soured the feel good factor the club and players created.

1 minute ago, DumboBud said:

It looks like I have dismantled the financial argument and we are now looking at ‘it isn’t that much of an inconvenience so just get on with it’ 

I wouldn't say you dismantled the financial argument. Since you conceded 80k I didn't see much point of debating the further 20k.

The way some people are going on about this is as though the bigots are going have both stands for all of our home games.

It'll be 3 (possibly 4) games out of 19.

While I would prefer the South Stand to be full of Saints fans that has, IIRC, only ever happened twice and for games against the OF it is usually barely half full, sometimes barely a third full.

Therefore I agree with the Board's decision.

1 minute ago, LargsBud said:

I wouldn't say you dismantled the financial argument. Since you conceded 80k I didn't see much point of debating the further 20k.

The chairman’s justification has been dismantled, £80k is the absolute maximum and since the chairman has quoted a six figure sum to justify it. This is right at the heart of the issue. 

We are all being misled and even if it was anything close to £80k it doesn’t take any account of the most important things here  which are that families are welcome unless we can sell tickets to the OF. Looks like we are not trying to win family friendly club of the year next year. 

In addition to this I have demonstrated that the additional income isn’t going to be the make or break that some people view it to be. 

Maybe in honour of this decision  the family stand can be the sponsor of the Kyle Huttonesque player that we can employ on the back of taking the Bigot pound. 

So no points of view are allowed to be expressed if not in line with the majority?
Close the forum now then!

My main complaint is that after the season we had, I believe we had a perfect opportunity to build our own support.

No effort has been made to do that at all. We seem to have just accepted that we cannot fill our own stands with our own fans without even trying.

I really don't see that as a ridiculous over reaction.

The deal has been pitched before the season tickets have gone on sale so I know exactly what the offer is.

Last time round v Rangers that was not the case and our grievance was legitimate.
If we kept the main stand and South stand we could give the OF the West stand and sell even more tickets. Presumably that would be ok?

3 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

I'm afraid they will be more.  Many extra cops reqired to ensure order outside the stadium before the game and to ensure they stay in their seat until the home support has dispersed after.

Sauce for the goose.

I don't think the Club are liable for Police costs outside the stadium.

Can't say I would be happy with the old firm in both stands , however it makes financial sense to get in as much money as possible. I remember Gordon Scott in a interview mentioned a figure of around 6 million turnover for us to compete for a top six place at least I think that was the figure that interview was a while back. 

3 things would be a cert to happen if we reduce their numbers of tickets to 1600. Our club would lose money, they will buy tickets in the home stands, and there would be at least 2500 empty seats in the ground.  Do the supporters in the south stand not think that hundreds of them might buy tickets for the south stand knowing there would be at least 1000 empty seats on the day. Police may well be able to throw out a few but they couldn't cope with hundreds of them. Did we not also acted like billy big baws when we found out the amount of tickets we were getting when playing Dumbarton and Lothian Thistle away ?  At the end of the day the club rightly or wrongly had made their decision and we as fans have all made our opinion known on this thread.

31 minutes ago, renfrew said:

3 things would be a cert to happen if we reduce their numbers of tickets to 1600. Our club would lose money, they will buy tickets in the home stands, and there would be at least 2500 empty seats in the ground.  Do the supporters in the south stand not think that hundreds of them might buy tickets for the south stand knowing there would be at least 1000 empty seats on the day. Police may well be able to throw out a few but they couldn't cope with hundreds of them. Did we not also acted like billy big baws when we found out the amount of tickets we were getting when playing Dumbarton and Lothian Thistle away ?  At the end of the day the club rightly or wrongly had made their decision and we as fans have all made our opinion known on this thread.

P!sh.

Our club should be looking after our fans. Police should be policing. It's their job after all. Our club should be looking after us. They shouldn't be herding our family ticket holders like cattle into a place they didn't pay to be. They should be ensuring that the boards in front of our family stand mean something. We are Saint Mirren. I just hope we don't have a Judas at the top of the pile.

5 hours ago, DumboBud said:

Less 20% VAT, many concessions, stewarding, policing, loss of income from reduced price family stand season tickets, the incalculable cost of pissing off your own fans. 

We will make more money but certainly not ‘a six figure sum’ quoted by the chairman, and in the longer term the message is definitely if you are a family you are very welcome but we’d prefer to sell tickets to bigots. 

The atmosphere in the family stand is totally different to the rest of the ground and the club have been trying to cultivate it but obviously don’t want to look to the long term with this sort of decision. 

If at best we make a maximum of £80k out of this decision then in reality that will allow us to bring in a player on less than a grand a week, by the time you add on national insurance, pension contributions, win bonuses etc. That is what a grand a week player actually costs. 

So let’s not kid ourselves that this is going to make a massive difference to the playing budget. Having said that it could be used to contribute to the replacement Astro at Ralston but that is a whole different discussion!

You also need to subtract the amount we would have received had we placed the overflow OF fans in the west stand.

For me this isn't about raising money. It's about the best placement of the same number of overflow fans without pissing off the core support who largely take up the main and west stands. I don't think there will be much difference in income at all actually.

4 hours ago, DumboBud said:

The chairman’s justification has been dismantled, £80k is the absolute maximum and since the chairman has quoted a six figure sum to justify it. This is right at the heart of the issue. 

Dismantled by folk with no accurate knowledge of costs involved and who don't agree with the situation .

No bias there then.:lol:

Dismantled my f**king arse.

2 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Can't happen now.
South stand season tickets will exclude of games. End of.
Decision has been made.

Honestly I don't like it ( but ) I get it. Our fans are not sitting with the account books in front of them. Scott is serious about wanting St Mirren to be a top six club from the interview I watched but it can only be done by maximizing income. I know loads of old firm fans where I live there are some decent guys who by in large like us as a club no kidding. Don't get me wrong I know the score but want to see us compete more than we have done on previous seasons that takes money. Gordon Scott is like me and you St Mirren through and through but he is a successful business man anyone self employed will understand hard decisions have to be made to move forward. 

10 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Can't happen now.
South stand season tickets will exclude of games. End of.
Decision has been made.

And decisions can surely be reversed if need be. Not that I think it will be though. 

P!sh.
Our club should be looking after our fans. Police should be policing. It's their job after all. Our club should be looking after us. They shouldn't be herding our family ticket holders like cattle into a place they didn't pay to be. They should be ensuring that the boards in front of our family stand mean something. We are Saint Mirren. I just hope we don't have a Judas at the top of the pile.
Police have never done policing fairly in our ground in the past when we have played them and they aren't going to start soon. Are you really believing they wouldn't buy tickets for our stands and the police would be able to cope ?

43 minutes ago, renfrew said:
3 hours ago, stlucifer said:
P!sh.

Police have never done policing fairly in our ground in the past when we have played them and they aren't going to start soon. Are you really believing they wouldn't buy tickets for our stands and the police would be able to cope ?

I think the appearance of the cavalry at the recent game against the Ton was neither fair nor sensible . They were trying to police a queue at the Westbank that simply didn't need policing , it just looked like someone trying to justify their position at a place there was no call for them to be . It just seemed as if huge horses getting close to unarmed civilians looked totaly out of place in 21st century peace time.  A cost our Club simply don't need . .

1 hour ago, renfrew said:
4 hours ago, stlucifer said:
P!sh.

If they’re not on the ticket office database they ain’t getting a ticket

I think giving rangers and celtic more seats will give them an advantage during game. Honestly one stand the usual away stand and no more. Up to the club to make sure we fill the other 3 stands with St mirren supporters. Would gladly pay a few pounds at gate to stop them getting more than 1 stand. I am season  ticket holder