How many seats do the bigots get ?

3 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Security is the problem I would think regarding toilets and catering regarding mainstand.  

Don't think that there's a great security risk. I'm sure that at the end where I sit (M3), there could be segregation put in place.

The main problem would be that there would be way less seats available in comparison the south stand.

As I've indicated earlier, I wouldn't be bothered if I had sit at the other end of the stand for 3 games a season, even if I my season ticket wasn't discounted.

4 hours ago, Thorizaar said:

No, you don't, as this section should be filled with paying St Mirren fans instead. 

It wasn't in previous years and there is no guarantee it will be this time either.

I do accept however that if we DO sell out the West stand that we are left with the stark choice of either giving the south stand to the OF and moving a few hundred of our own fans or leaving the OF in the north and making less money.

Personally I am inclined to think we should at least have a go at recruiting more Saints fans to the south stand. There is no rush to make this announcement and I dont know why it has been pushed through so quickly. There appears to be genuine anger over this. Particularly the lack of an attempt to sell more Saints tickets first.

Maybe the board will consider this again?

Edited by oaksoft

54 minutes ago, FTOF said:

I'm impressed that you've sought out and received accurate and official figures for all the costs involved from the club, the police etc. in order to "discredit" the chairman's claims.

Fan owner ship has heralded a new dawn, which has done wonders for the club, both on and off the park. IIRC we were awarded the Scottish Fans Supporters Association's (SFSA) Best Family Club award for 2017.That would indicate that, while there is still work to be done, we  appear to be outperforming other clubs, and are certainly moving in the right direction. 

The only maths involved to get well below £100k is capacity of the stand x£25 x3 less VAT.  This assumes that every ticket is full price, unless we are planning on charging close to £30 it can’t add up  

This is without factoring in any loss of income due to cheaper South Stand season tickets, or any Security/ stewarding/ Policing cost. As you rightly said I have no knowledge of them but it don’t need to to quite clearly see that it isn’t a ‘six figure sum’. 

The fact we won an award for being a family friendly club absolutely backs up my argument that taking away the family facility for 3 games is a short term decision with a long term negative impact. 

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

It wasn't in previous years and there is no guarantee it will be this time either.

I do accept however that if we DO sell out the West stand that we are left with the stark choice of either giving the south stand to the OF and moving a few hundred of our own fans or leaving the OF in the north and making less money.

Personally I am inclined to think we should at least have a go at recruiting more Saints fans to the south stand. There is no rush to make this announcement and I dont know why it has been pushed through so quickly. There appears to be genuine anger over this. Particularly the lack of an attempt to sell more Saints tickets first.

Maybe the board will consider this again?

My take entirely.

Again suggest that good terms be given for family stand existing season ticket holders in W1 . Again suggest that we don't sell tickets in the South Stand until the rest of the tickets in the ground are sold. Again suggest that the South Stand then be sold on a game by game basis. This allows the OF games to be sold as the board have suggested.

5 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

No they have not.

Away fans yes... But no attempt whatsoever has been made to increase the home support.

You are certainly right that the club should have thrown a carrot out for the fans to try and fill the stands. Now we know Tony isn't my favourite person :rolleyes:  but you get on with him well and I assume you can get his ear if required. Can I ask if you have actually ask him why they was no carrot thrown out to the fans ?

8 minutes ago, renfrew said:

You are certainly right that the club should have thrown a carrot out for the fans to try and fill the stands. Now we know Tony isn't my favourite person :rolleyes:  but you get on with him well and I assume you can get his ear if required. Can I ask if you have actually ask him why they was no carrot thrown out to the fans ?

While you are speaking to him can you ask him how you get to six figures because so far nobody else has managed to get it to add up. 

I'm still waiting on a reply to my last email to him which was very positive and contained what i thought was a very positive suggestion that would have cost the club nothing but generated positive publicity!

Totally patched!

Just now, BuddieinEK said:

I'm still waiting on a reply to my last email to him which was very positive and contained what i thought was a very positive suggestion that would have cost the club nothing but generated positive publicity!

Totally patched!

Take the hint. Stalker. :D

1 minute ago, BuddieinEK said:

Totally patched!

Try getting him in Café Nero I think it is called in Gauze St. Every time the wife goes in there with my sister he already in his seat  :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, renfrew said:
1 hour ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:
They don't have a shop in Paisley. There is a Costa in the Piazza.

Well it's the coffee shop next to the Anchor Bar whatever it is called now.

I know the one you mean, it's called Bianco Nero which is Italian for white and black :)

Guest TPAFKATS
My take entirely.
Again suggest that good terms be given for family stand existing season ticket holders in W1 . Again suggest that we don't sell tickets in the South Stand until the rest of the tickets in the ground are sold. Again suggest that the South Stand then be sold on a game by game basis. This allows the OF games to be sold as the board have suggested.
I'm not sure moving families from the family stand which is currently at the other end of the ground from visiting fans and putting them in W1 next to the old firm scum is ideal.

1 minute ago, TPAFKATS said:
4 hours ago, St.Ricky said:
My take entirely.

I'm not sure moving families from the family stand which is currently at the other end of the ground from visiting fans and putting them in W1 next to the old firm scum is ideal.

I take your point. W1 was used just to illustrate that it would be possible to relocate to the West Stand. 

From Official Website

We have received some emails, tweets and other communications relating to the recent decision to house the Celtic and Rangers fans in the South Stand next season.

Rather than replying to these all individually we thought it would be better to expand on the information we have provided so far on our website and on social media. 

Firstly, we can completely understand that the announcement was not universally well received but please rest assured that the decision was not taken lightly by the board. As stated in earlier articles we looked at various options before coming to this tough decision and we are still convinced it was the correct one based on our longer term goals. 

Here are some of the main points that have been raised;

SAFETY OF FANS

One of the recurring questions that has arisen has been the safety aspects of housing the away fans in the South Stand.  We consulted with both the local police and our safety officer before making our decision. They are comfortable that the proposed setup can be policed in a safe and acceptable manner just as it was on the previous occasion.

The safety of all spectators attending matches at our stadium is of paramount importance. 

FINANCE

Our stated aim is to have St Mirren challenging in the top 6 of the Scottish Premiership.

This ambition is one that hopefully is shared by everyone connected with the football club.

It is no coincidence in football that league position and the size of a managers budget are usually fairly well aligned.

There will always be exceptional seasons where the trend is bucked both positively and negatively but generally speaking for our football club to change from one merely seeking to survive to one regularly challenging for a place in the top six requires us to increase our overall turnover by around 50%. 

That is a huge task but one we are committed to achieving.

While we have long term plans to increase our turnover through non-football activities the biggest step towards revenue growth in the short term is to be in the Premiership. We’ve achieved that and having done so we now want to make sure we stay there.

We need to give the manager a budget that shows we are serious about staying in the division and, as a board, we need to investigate every avenue to achieve that without putting the club at risk. Making this decision means that we can add a six figure sum to that budget to help make this happen.  

The vision of a day when St Mirren fans fill the West, South and East stands and we can restrict all other clubs supporters to the North stand is one we all share and dream of but that will only happen with more success on the pitch.

COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE

Although this decision gives Celtic and Rangers a larger support than previously, St Mirren supporters will retain the majority of seats in the stadium.  We are hopeful of a big home crowd for these (and all other) games where the atmosphere will be electric. Importantly this decision means that for all our other games the away fans will only have the north stand which will allow us to build on the superb support within the stadium that helped us so much this season. 

We want to win every game we play, home or away, and the support plays a huge part of that, as we have seen over the past 18 months.

MATCHDAY ONE

We have been assured by the SPFL that our opening home game where we raise the Championship flag will not be against Rangers or Celtic. This ensures that all three home stands will be fully available for what will hopefully be another special day for us.

IN SUMMARY

As we seek to continue to improve and to grow the club we will sometimes have to make difficult decisions like these and it’s very important to us that we try and communicate the reasons behind them as clearly as we can. Hopefully the above helps.

The sense of togetherness we have at the club right now is tremendous. We never take your support for granted and we want to grow and foster the good feeling we have around the club.

As a board we feel we have real positive momentum and we are very excited for the challenges which lie ahead in the Premiership. We know you will be too.

We were on our way, now we’re here to stay.

2 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:
  Reveal hidden contents

So is the implication that our opening game of the season will be a home game against someone other than the arse cheeks ? Big assurance if that is what the club are saying.

Could also be read as our 1st home game won't be against one of the bigot brothers, although might not be the 1st game of the season

2 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:
  Reveal hidden contents

So is the implication that our opening game of the season will be a home game against someone other than the arse cheeks ? Big assurance if that is what the club are saying.

Doesn't say we will be at home in the first game Ayrshire.  But... Our first home game will not be against Celtic or The Glasgow Strangers. Gives us a chance to fill all 3 home stands

Glad to see they are communicating and explaining their decision.

I (regrettably) agree with it, although the thought of bigots in the South Stand isn't a nice one. I say one thing to the board though - challenge our fans to fill up the two home ends so we can have the third. Don't allocate the South stand until either the two home ends or the away end is sold out. Give us a chance to sell through the home ends. If it doesn't look like happening, then if the away end is sold out, then let them have it. Just don't offer it to them right away.

And £27 is outrageous. 

1 minute ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Glad to see they are communicating and explaining their decision.

I (regrettably) agree with it, although the thought of bigots in the South Stand isn't a nice one. I say one thing to the board though - challenge our fans to fill up the two home ends so we can have the third. Don't allocate the South stand until either the two home ends or the away end is sold out. Give us a chance to sell through the home ends. If it doesn't look like happening, then if the away end is sold out, then let them have it. Just don't offer it to them right away.

And £27 is outrageous. 

Absolutely agree with this and proposed this approach. 

Let's see what fan power can do. 

But... We'll need to put ourselves money where our mouths are. 

That's the challenge. 

3 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Absolutely agree with this and proposed this approach. 

Let's see what fan power can do. 

But... We'll need to put ourselves money where our mouths are. 

That's the challenge. 

The £27 entry for non ST holders won't help us unfortunately. I'd say make it cheaper for the home ends (couldn't give a shite about the bigots, they chose to be gloryhunters) but obviously there's the problem of Bigots trying to get into the home ends. You would need some sort of decent evidence to prove you weren't a bigot fan and that would provide headaches for the club.

If you provide a purpose-built stadium with the 21st biggest overall capacity in Scotland, it is no surprise that you end up in a predicament like this.

Our Chief Executive claims that we are amongst the top four/six team in Scotland and yet the likes of Edinburgh City, Queens Park Youth Team, Morton, Ayr United, Airdrie, Raith Rovers, Falkirk, St Johnstone, Dunfermline, Motherwell, Livingston, Kilmarnock and Partick Thistle, can all accommodate more fans than us.

So in the meantime when we are playing the 2 bigot sisters at Greenhill Road next season, we hand over the competitive advantage to them at the expense of our own supporters.

It's frightening to think what will happen when we actually win the SPL!

Edited by northstbuddie