How many seats do the bigots get ?

10 hours ago, RussellV1 said:

If they’re not on the ticket office database they ain’t getting a ticket

2 questions, what to stop them joining and how do the saints fans that are not on the database get a ticket ?  

2 questions, what to stop them joining and how do the saints fans that are not on the database get a ticket ?  

Nothing. I have a Celtic supporting mate who lives in Gallowhill and during our relegation season registered himself and his son online and got tickets for the West Stand for the April game v Celtic. It was a one off but should he want to buy tickets for any Saints game he is able to do so. As for your 2nd question, they can't. When you try to buy at the ticket office the woman will ask your name, if you're not on the database you will not be sold a ticket.

32 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Nothing. I have a Celtic supporting mate who lives in Gallowhill and during our relegation season registered himself and his son online and got tickets for the West Stand for the April game v Celtic. It was a one off but should he want to buy tickets for any Saints game he is able to do so. As for your 2nd question, they can't. When you try to buy at the ticket office the woman will ask your name, if you're not on the database you will not be sold a ticket.

I've never been asked my name  when buying tickets for home or away games from SMP.

Edited by HSS

3 hours ago, fan4ever said:

I think giving rangers and celtic more seats will give them an advantage during game. Honestly one stand the usual away stand and no more. Up to the club to make sure we fill the other 3 stands with St mirren supporters. Would gladly pay a few pounds at gate to stop them getting more than 1 stand. I am season  ticket holder

I am in your camp but without castigating the board for their decision. I too am a season ticket holder. Already said that I believed that with the right PR and pricing structure then we could have shifted enough tickets to make it North Stand only for away fans. As an alternative approach I suggest that we use the West Stand to hold....the singing section...fans.....family section.  Then...if demand is there  make the South Stand a place for Saints Fans who are not season ticket holders go when they buy ad hoc. This then let's the club maximise income from the OF by giving them both stands on their match days if we must.

So what your saying is saints fans who are not on the database won't be able to buy a ticket when we are playing the bigots ?

7 minutes ago, renfrew said:
1 hour ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

So what your saying is saints fans who are not on the database won't be able to buy a ticket when we are playing the bigots ?

Let's just say that the ticket office do ask and do look. I think they then act using their own discretion. So..it is unlikely but could happen.

1 hour ago, whydowebother said:

Not entirely sure why people are concerning themselves about both these teams.

Fairly sure Sevco said they’d be boycotting our ground emoji3.png

If that is the case then it makes the ‘six figure sum’ claim even more fanciful. 

On 05/05/2018 at 6:58 PM, stlucifer said:

P!sh.

Our club should be looking after our fans. Police should be policing. It's their job after all. Our club should be looking after us. They shouldn't be herding our family ticket holders like cattle into a place they didn't pay to be. They should be ensuring that the boards in front of our family stand mean something. We are Saint Mirren. I just hope we don't have a Judas at the top of the pile.

You make it sound like they are being asked to move to some kind of awful, unpleasant place.

In reality, they're being asked to move to a different bit of concrete to sit on a different bit of plastic. And one which most would say you get a better view of the game from.

Edited by Thorizaar

You make it sound like they are being asked to move to some kind of awful, unpleasant place.
In reality, they're being asked to move to a different bit of concrete to sit on a different bit of plastic. And one which most would say you get a better view of the game from.
If it is that simple... I dare you to suggest non seat-specific season tickets for all areas of the ground!

Makes great economic sense!

2 hours ago, Thorizaar said:

Easily sorted. Just buy season tickets for the west stand W1 and fill out that area and the rest of the West Stand with St Mirren fans. Leave the South Stand and it can have tickets there sold on a game by game basis for either St Mirren Fans or for OF games OF fans. That way they keep  the seats they start with and the club can make more money. No?

Edited by St.Ricky

1 minute ago, BuddieinEK said:

If it is that simple... I dare you to suggest non seat-specific season tickets for all areas of the ground!

Makes great economic sense!

Oh no, not non-specific STs again. I’d like mine to be more specific, can I make it for the Camp Nou? :P

9 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Easily sorted. Just buy season tickets for the west stand W1 and fill out that area and the rest of the West Stand with St Mirren fans. Leave the South Stand and it can have tickets there sold on a game by game basis for either St Mirren Fans or for OF games OF fans. That way they keep  the seats they start with and the club can make more money. No?

Even more times than I’ve mentioned the HoF boards, you have mentioned ‘simple - St Mirren fans just need to buy up 6,000,7,000, a million STs.... ‘

OK, I want to buy an ST. I’m gagging. The feelgood factor is strong in me. Say there are 6,000, 7,000, a million others just like me, ready to pack out the Twenny Twenny Wan, and buy STs.

Where’s my, or anyone’s, ability to snap up these STs to try and keep the stands all-Saints. Where’s been the challenge laid down by the BoD for us to buy STs BEFORE they announced the bigots were getting two stands? Where are the early deals to gauge IF Saints fans will buy STs in numbers, thereby announcing bigots in the North only. No Sir, there has been nothing from the club to tap right into the feelgood factor within its own support and the wider Renfrewshire area and test the waters, test our appetite for ST books, or to bang the ST drum.

Nope,  they just give the bigots both stands and shunt our own loyal South Standers out.

Meet the new BoD, same as the old BoD. 

Edited by pozbaird

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

Even more times than I’ve mentioned the HoF boards, you have mentioned ‘simple - St Mirren fans just need to buy up 6,000,7,000,a million STs.... ‘

OK, I want to buy an ST. I’m gagging. The feelgood factor is strong in me. Say there are 6,000, 7,000, a million others just like me, ready to pack out the Twenny Twenny Wan, and buy STs.

Where’s my, or anyone’s, ability to snap up these STs to try and keep the stands all-Saints. Where’s been the challenge laid down by the BoD for us to buy STs BEFORE they announced the bigots were getting two stands? Where are the early deals to gauge IF Saints fans will buy STs in numbers, thereby announcing bigots in the North only. No Sir, therehas been nothing from the club to tap right into the feelgood factor and test the waters, test our appetite for ST books, or to bang the ST drum.

Nope,  they just give the bigots both stands and shunt our own loyal South Standers out.

Poza 

No argument from me on the matter of principle involved. I have received criticism from some people on the forum who seem to think that selling out our 3 stands was an impossible dream.

I don't but it would require continued good PR and Marketing allied to inventive pricing.  Even without selling out all 3 stands I suggested that it might be difficult to get a Saint's ticket for some games. Again some doubted that assertion.

I have also had stick (fair enough as it is about opinions) when posting information which shows rising attendances in Scottish Football and in particular in the Premiership.

Some have also criticised posts giving information on season ticket initiatives by other clubs such as a Season Ticket for 1 pound and others. 

When asked to come up with ideas to boost attendances I am told that we have peaked,that there are too many old firm fans in the area, that the catchment area isn't big enough to grow the support any further etc etc

Hardly a surprise then that the board read it in a similar way if they read the forum. Talk about creating your own negative PR and ensuing  problems!

My suggestion deals with how things are now but leaves the door open for Season ticket sales expanding to the South Stand and filling it if demand is there. 

A bit convoluted I know.

Edited by St.Ricky

Even more times than I’ve mentioned the HoF boards, you have mentioned ‘simple - St Mirren fans just need to buy up 6,000,7,000, a million STs.... ‘
Where’s my, or anyone’s, ability to snap up these STs to try and keep the stands all-Saints. Where’s been the challenge laid down by the BoD for us to buy STs BEFORE they announced the bigots were getting two stands? Where are the early deals to gauge IF Saints fans will buy STs in numbers, thereby announcing bigots in the North only. No Sir, there has been nothing from the club to tap right into the feelgood factor within its own support and the wider Renfrewshire area and test the waters, test our appetite for ST books, or to bang the ST drum.
Your last sentence is probably closer to the truth in one respect than many would care to believe...

I reckon a big motivational factor in this decision... Bigger even than the finances involved... Is our BoD keeping in with two other BoD's in particular.

Like a new kid in the classroom trying to avoid trouble by keeping in with the two school bullies!

On 05/05/2018 at 7:14 PM, oaksoft said:

You also need to subtract the amount we would have received had we placed the overflow OF fans in the west stand.

No, you don't, as this section should be filled with paying St Mirren fans instead. 

2 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

Your last sentence is probably closer to the truth in one respect than many would care to believe...

I reckon a big motivational factor in this decision... Bigger even than the finances involved... Is our BoD keeping in with two other BoD's in particular.

Like a new kid in the classroom trying to avoid trouble by keeping in with the two school bullies!

It's incredible what can be dreamt up. 

The BoD run a business. They have wages and bills to pay and ensure the club doesn't lose money. They think it's better to have people paying to fill seats than have empty seats earning nothing.

That's it.

6 minutes ago, Thorizaar said:

No, you don't, as this section should be filled with paying St Mirren fans instead. 

Very true  

Simply put... If St Marten fans buy the tickets. 

I happen to believe they can. 

But I would like to see really inventive approaches to help shift the tickets early. 

Edited by St.Ricky

It's incredible what can be dreamt up. 
The BoD run a business. They have wages and bills to pay and ensure the club doesn't lose money. They think it's better to have people paying to fill seats than have empty seats earning nothing.
That's it.
Then why no attempt to maximise the number of people paying to fill seats?