How many seats do the bigots get ?

13 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:
18 minutes ago, Thorizaar said:
It's incredible what can be dreamt up. 
The BoD run a business. They have wages and bills to pay and ensure the club doesn't lose money. They think it's better to have people paying to fill seats than have empty seats earning nothing.
That's it.

Then why no attempt to maximise the number of people paying to fill seats?

Also find it strange. 

Again,  I would incentivize season ticket sales... Not just on price alone.  

I would fill West and Main Stands First. 

(This may be the intention or outcome) 

I would then consider selling South Stand season tickets without the OF games being included. 

But posters on the forum have largely been profits of doom regarding attendances so I find it difficult to be too critical of the board. 

Edited:See the next post by Eric Arthur Blair, a popular poster, as an example of negative PR by fans. 

Edited by St.Ricky

4 hours ago, Thorizaar said:

You make it sound like they are being asked to move to some kind of awful, unpleasant place.

In reality, they're being asked to move to a different bit of concrete to sit on a different bit of plastic. And one which most would say you get a better view of the game from.

In many cases, the people who choose to sit there do so because they have children and their ears are not pounded by obscenities from other fans. I know the kids may hear swearing  from the other stands but at least there is some protection. They may not think the other bit of concrete with plastic seats are better in any sense. Some people actually prefer to be behind the goals anyway. Many ultra fans in other stadiums actually are sited behind the goals. No matter. There was NO consultation even though Gordon Scott openly said nothing would be done without the approval of the affected fans.

17 minutes ago, Thorizaar said:

The BoD run a business. They have wages and bills to pay and ensure the club doesn't lose money. They think it's better to have people paying to fill seats than have empty seats earning nothing.

That's it.

Part of the reason given for this move is that the family stand is less full when the bigots come a calling. Many of those are ST holders who don't want to subject their offspring to the bile that comes from the two @rsecheeks. This means the board are hoping to sell the seats TWICE.

18 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:
24 minutes ago, Thorizaar said:
That's it.

Then why no attempt to maximise the number of people paying to fill seats?

They have done that with this decision.

4 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Part of the reason given for this move is that the family stand is less full when the bigots come a calling. Many of those are ST holders who don't want to subject their offspring to the bile that comes from the two @rsecheeks. This means the board are hoping to sell the seats TWICE.

It doesn't, as season tickets in the South Stand will be cheaper as these games aren't included.

2 minutes ago, Thorizaar said:

It doesn't, as season tickets in the South Stand will be cheaper as these games aren't included.

I apologise. Too quick to post. You are quite right but my previous point is still valid.

ETA. And it's taking away the decision for families to actually go to the game and protect their kids ears.

Edited by stlucifer

2 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

I apologise. Too quick to post. You are quite right but my previous point is still valid.

ETA. And it's taking away the decision for families to actually go to the game and protect their kids ears.

St Lucifer

Isn't it about time that people clean up their language wherever they sit in the stadium (not trying to take away from your point) 

I would encourage those who have had family stand tickets to buy in W1 instead. 

7 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

But it's not selling it twice. It's a season ticket that doesn't include games against the old firm, and is therefore priced to exclude those games. This actually sounds perfect for people who don't want to subject their offspring to the bile. Means they aren't paying for a game they don't want to go to.

In many cases, the people who choose to sit there do so because they have children and their ears are not pounded by obscenities from other fans. I know the kids may hear swearing  from the other stands but at least there is some protection. They may not think the other bit of concrete with plastic seats are better in any sense. Some people actually prefer to be behind the goals anyway. Many ultra fans in other stadiums actually are sited behind the goals. No matter. There was NO consultation even though Gordon Scott openly said nothing would be done without the approval of the affected fans.

I agree with every word here. It’s why I and my partner and boys sit in south stand. Why the hell should we move?! It’s where I WANT to sit. The view is good. And I utterly despise the old firm..with vehement hatred. I don’t want to move for them. Why should I!? And why should the other season ticket holders who have been there for years.I pay for my seat as a st Mirren fan and do not wish move for those bigots. I actually think they possibly get advantage shooting to full stands behind goals..
However I understand the bigger picture and sometimes you have to sup with the devil! The money the bigot scum bring is vital to the club. I’m one for principles but we can’t afford lose this money , the other clubs of similar size won’t and we need compete and beat them.
Endless debating this won’t change a thing! The Chairman has made a decision one I expected so we deal with it.

2 minutes ago, norman said:

But it's not selling it twice. It's a season ticket that doesn't include games against the old firm, and is therefore priced to exclude those games. This actually sounds perfect for people who don't want to subject their offspring to the bile. Means they aren't paying for a game they don't want to go to.

I think he acknowledged that it wasn't paying twice in a later post. 

Can you answer this question?  I know I can't. 

Where do the South Stand ticket holders go if the Main and South Stand sell out  in  season tickets? 

18 minutes ago, norman said:

A  few clubs do this including both the bigots , but they do it so they can charge each others fans a fortune for these games.

10 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:

My understanding of what GLS said then was to have a consultation regarding reallocation because the supporters had already purchased the season tickets. emoji106.png

So the families are being forced to either sit where they don't want to or be forced to RENEW their tickets knowing they are being treated differently and are being forced to either not attend certain games or risk their kids being treated to inappropriate language from those around them? Doesn't sit right with me.

Edited by stlucifer

18 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Where do the South Stand ticket holders go if the Main and South Stand sell out  in  season tickets? 

The reason there is no answer to that question Ricky, is probably because it's quite a stupid question. However, I expect in the very likely event that the entire Main and West stand are 100% filled with season ticket holders, then the South stand will be for St. Mirren fans only.

15 minutes ago, norman said:

The reason there is no answer to that question Ricky, is probably because it's quite a stupid question. However, I expect in the very likely event that the entire Main and West stand are 100% filled with season ticket holders, then the South stand will be for St. Mirren fans only.

1 I hope it turns out not to be as stupid as it might seem to some. How can we judge either way when we don't know how well these will be incentivised

2 I hope so indeed but would be happy with West and Main Full of Saints Fans and the South Stand to be kept available for Individual Game Tickets with the OF games being for OF only.

Unless of course there is sufficient demand to sell out the South Stand as well  by season ticket.

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

Very true  

Simply put... If St Marten fans buy the tickets. 

I happen to believe they can. 

But I would like to see really inventive approaches to help shift the tickets early. 

I remember those St Marten fans - 1970s boot boys.

A question I have thought about too. Where do we go? Are we just told sorry no seats for you.

2 hours ago, Thorizaar said:

That's it.

I agree that they run a business and that in the short term this is about maximising income, not the now discredited ‘six figure sum’ but an increase nevertheless.

However fan ownership was meant to herald a new dawn and being more inclusive and look to nurture the next generation of saints fans. 

This decision flys completely in the face of that and after creating a family friendly area we have decided on short term gain and to send the message to these families to come along unless we can sell your ticket to an old firm fan in which case sod off. 

The difference that this decision makes to the bottom line is either a very average squad player or the club not having to raid SMISAs ringfenced money to part pay for the resurfacing of the Astro at Ralston. 

2 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:

So families that don't want there children to attend an unsavoury atmosphere that a couple of clubs bring are getting rewarded.

I've got faith that like when I took my son to the north bank that fellow buds do in the majority curtail there language. ( he did bribe me about the new words he learnt so he didn't repeat them to his mother) The wee bassa emoji23.png

He sounds like a quick learner. 

On 24/04/2018 at 9:52 AM, Bud the Baker said:

Correct.  They don't bring the same numbers as 30 years ago but if we don't accommodate them adequately they’ll just buy tickets amongst us. :angry: 

Given the debt acknowledged to W7 expressed by players and management would it be possible to give the OF a coupla blocks in the Main Stand?

Difficult decision to be made.

Security is the problem I would think regarding toilets and catering regarding mainstand.  

10 minutes ago, DumboBud said:

I agree that they run a business and that in the short term this is about maximising income, not the now discredited ‘six figure sum’ but an increase nevertheless.

However fan ownership was meant to herald a new dawn and being more inclusive and look to nurture the next generation of saints fans. 

This decision flys completely in the face of that and after creating a family friendly area we have decided on short term gain and to send the message to these families to come along unless we can sell your ticket to an old firm fan in which case sod off. 

The difference that this decision makes to the bottom line is either a very average squad player or the club not having to raid SMISAs ringfenced money to part pay for the resurfacing of the Astro at Ralston. 

I'm impressed that you've sought out and received accurate and official figures for all the costs involved from the club, the police etc. in order to "discredit" the chairman's claims.

Fan owner ship has heralded a new dawn, which has done wonders for the club, both on and off the park. IIRC we were awarded the Scottish Fans Supporters Association's (SFSA) Best Family Club award for 2017.That would indicate that, while there is still work to be done, we  appear to be outperforming other clubs, and are certainly moving in the right direction. 

No club is ever going to be run in a nice fluffy way so that we can hug each other with joy when every decision makes everybody happy. Rightly or wrongly, depending on which view you take, there are always going to those of us who disagree with aspects of the running of the club.

I also don't believe that it is short term gain, if the money we make helps us consolidate our position in the top league.

There has been a lot of debate regarding increasing our fan base. We can tinker around with this initiative and that initiative, but the only way we are going to increase our fan base initially, is with success on the pitch.

1 minute ago, FTOF said:

I'm impressed that you've sought out and received accurate and official figures for all the costs involved from the club, the police etc. in order to "discredit" the chairman's claims.

Fan owner ship has heralded a new dawn, which has done wonders for the club, both on and off the park. IIRC we were awarded the Scottish Fans Supporters Association's (SFSA) Best Family Club award for 2017.That would indicate that, while there is still work to be done, we  appear to be outperforming other clubs, and are certainly moving in the right direction. 

No club is ever going to be run in a nice fluffy way so that we can hug each other with joy when every decision makes everybody happy. Rightly or wrongly, depending on which view you take, there are always going to those of us who disagree with aspects of the running of the club.

I also don't believe that it is short term gain, if the money we make helps us consolidate our position in the top league.

There has been a lot of debate regarding increasing our fan base. We can tinker around with this initiative and that initiative, but the only way we are going to increase our fan base initially, is with success on the pitch.

Your last sentence is ultimately unarguable.  I acknowledge the business case and how the additional revenue might aid our playing budget and results. 

Celtic now take an average travelling support of 4000. Rangers have been taking fewer but with new found enthusiasm might average a similar figure. 

The unanswered question remains.

What happens to those who might buyseason tickets in tbe South Stand if the West Stand and Main Stand sell out in season ticket sales? 

To restate the case... Why wouldn't someone Not just buy tickets in the West Stand and be sure of their seat.... Unless priced cheaply.