My of god Div we’ve been hacked

ReturnOf isma is god

Goodness no, don't be so outrageous

No all that happened was the site was hacked by North Korean and Chinese operatives who flooded the website with Chinese style writing in an attempt to overrun Div's big massive servers in a "DOS" (denial of service) attack.  The state funded cyber warfare agencies are obviously targeting this forum due to it's intellectual debate and as such this forum stands as a symbol of western free thinking, thus marking it out as an enemy of the communist states.  As such Div (whose real identity must remain a closely guarded secret) is obviously a marked man who is clearly being sought by foreign intelligence agencies, either in an attempt to use him as a double agent or indeed to eliminate him (that is murder him).  If Div is found dead having "choked" on a chicken ball or a spring roll then I will start an angry thread about it!!!! 

Yes cyber warfare has indeed reached Paisley. 

Anyway, this incident is nothing unusual, I don't know why anyone would jump to such a crazy conclusion as you did, crazy conclusion as you did indeed!

Tom miss you on the rumour thread. We need your magical insight

21 hours ago, whydowebother said:

Seen as this a pointless thread

Is there a Scottish team that plays in an all white strip ?

I think we played in all white in the 1970's, maybe just for a handful of matches.

Sometime between 1973 and 1976.

As always, I may be talking shite.

And................

We're waiting. [emoji848]

Oh, forgot about this.

So, I know the landlord of this pub in Guiseley & happen to know the person who he pays to provide the quiz each week.

Anyway, I bumped into them while they were on the way to drop quiz questions off & they said to me ‘You should come to the quiz, there’s at least one question you’ll get right’ ( cheeky bassa ) I asked whit question

Then came the , Name a Scottish football team that plays in all white strip ?

Like you guys, I know who has a white top but not full white strip.

The bloody answer they gave on the quiz was ....

AYR UNITED

Aye, coz that’s an all white strip ffs

3 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:
14 minutes ago, ReturnOf isma is god said:
Expand and explain 

It doesn't require any expanding or explaining, so I don't think I'll bother. But, thanks for trying to dictate to me anyway.

Not trying to dictate trying to understand why you feel the way you but if you want I could devolve this into a petty exchange of insults 

6 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

No, you couldn't. That would require me to insult you and, as I've already made perfectly clear, I won't be dictated to.

And feel what way? I never said I felt any way.

You clearly felt the statement was not racist, I would like to know why you feel that. Though you’re constant running away from actually explaining this makes me think you’ve put very little thought into this and just saw an opportunity to jump on your self righteous high horse. 

Edited by ReturnOf isma is god

6 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

Ignoring the fact that your projection proves my point, I will answer your question.

There was no racism displayed, simple as that. It's not a feeling, just simple fact.

Now, why do you think it was?

Chink is a word that was used derogatorly and indiscriminately to describe people of East Asian appearance or descent, it’s a word with a very painful history for Many of the East Asian community. Now the statement made by pozbaird, who I think we can all agree is a prick, was “there’s a clearly a chink in div’s armour”.  Now you can say that’s not racist as it just him saying there’s a flaw in the forum, but in my opinion it’s racist as it was in reference to the spammer that has been consistently using characters used in the East Asian alphabet, therefore the word “chink” in pozbaird statement is in reference believed to be in reference to someone of East Asian descent and is there for racist. 

4 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

A word, no matter what word (yes, even "that" word), is not racist, it is the context in which it is used that determines whether or not it is racist.

I think it may be an idea for you to look up the definition of the word "racism" and then, using that definition, say how poz's comment qualifies.

As an aside, and just to be helpful, there is no such thing as "the East Asian alphabet" and it is "therefore", not " there for". I have ignored errors that were possibly just typos, e.g. "derogatorly".

In fact, using the term "East Asian alphabet" means that you could possibly be accused of being discriminatory/bigoted/racist by some snowflake.

Yes I agree context matters, but the context of this situation is that pozbaird is using the word  “chink” is in reference to someone believed to be of East Asian descent. If it was that he used the word chink in non derogatory manner, like I just did, I wouldn’t have a problem but that fact is the a word which has been used to offend, belittle and oppress a group people was used in reference to a person presumed to be apart of the same group of people. As for my incorrect use of “East Asian alphabet” your correct I meant East Asian alphabets, as there are many the Chinese alphabet, Ersu Shaba and Bantawa being few exmples. Though you’re highlighting of the incorrect use of there for is inconsequential to the debate at hand and makes me think you weren’t able to find much wrong with my opinion other than incorrect grammar.

24 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

So you think that it's racist because you presume that the person is of East Asian descent? How do you know poz presumes that? How do you know that they are? You're just making assumptions now. Have you looked up the definition of racism yet?

Regarding "there for", as I said, I was just being helpful. If you don't want to accept the help then that is up to you, I can't force you and I wouldn't try to. I won't even mention the errors in that last post.

So you’re saying you think pozbaird was just making a statement about the flawed forum and there was no attempt from him to make a Shite joke. 

Edited by ReturnOf isma is god

1 minute ago, Slartibartfast said:
22 minutes ago, ReturnOf isma is god said:
So you’re saying you think pozbaird was just making a statement about the flawed forum and there was no attempt from him to make a Shite joke. 

No. Where would you get that idea from?

So you liked a post because you agree the forum is flawed, which by complete chance happens to use a turn of phrase which by just randomly happens to use a word with a lot negative connotations towards East Asian, people of East Asian descent and East Asian culture. Also by complete coincidence this a completely random turn of phrase has been used in a thread involving a user that has exclusively used characters from East Asian alphabets. Lot of random chance, dumb luck and coincidences going on here. No jokes, no nothing, just a very serious state with no double meaning at all.