Ruth Davidson Is Having A Baby

shull

4 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

Great interview on STV
Ruth what have you done for Scotland?
SNP bad!
But how have you influenced UK gov minister to help Scotland?
SNP baaaddddd!!!

This is the great unionist hope for Scotland.

To be fair that's what a large proportion of the supporters of Ruth Davidson's Scottish Conservatives want to hear.

Interesting to see her blocking Boris from speaking at the party conference in Aberdeen this weekend and setting herself up as a playa in deciding who'll be the next Tory leader at UK level. I think her plan is clear win the Holyrood 21 election and then onto Westminster - overall Tory leader in say 10 years.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/may/03/scottish-tory-leader-ruth-davidson-blocks-boris-johnson-from-party-conference

Edited by Bud the Baker

Guest TPAFKATS
To be fair that's what a large proportion of the supporters of Ruth Davidson's Scottish Conservatives want to hear.
Interesting to see her blocking Boris from speaking at the party conference in Aberdeen this weekend and setting herself up as a playa in deciding who'll be the next Tory leader at UK level. I think her plan is clear win the Holyrood 21 election and then onto Westminster - overall Tory leader in say 10 years.
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/may/03/scottish-tory-leader-ruth-davidson-blocks-boris-johnson-from-party-conference
It might be, however it's not going to convince many who vote for the other parties. Considering the tories are polling about 20% in Scotland I'm no sure its a good strategy.

3 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:
4 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

It might be, however it's not going to convince many who vote for the other parties. Considering the tories are polling about 20% in Scotland I'm no sure its a good strategy.

Just like Dan saff,  I don't see anyone in the Scottish Parliament that l would consider a good leader . I think we are about to witness an overhaul in British politics.  .

There are clearly too many politicians putting personal political ambition before doing the job they were elected for , serving the people. .

Guest TPAFKATS

I think our current First Minister is an exception to that. Doesn't mean I agree with everything she says or does but I don't think she's in it for personal gain.

Guest TPAFKATS
3 dogs in 1 photo - which one do you love?

The wee spaniel has been ditched. Ruthie has had a new photie opportunity for the last few months.

9 hours ago, saintnextlifetime said:

Just like Dan saff,  I don't see anyone in the Scottish Parliament that l would consider a good leader . I think we are about to witness an overhaul in British politics.  .

There are clearly too many politicians putting personal political ambition before doing the job they were elected for , serving the people. .

I'm reasonably satisfied with NS, a little bit disappointed with the "1% less austere with the Tories" economic policy but let's wait until we get independence when I hope we will form a new power block with the remaining Communist countries China, Cuba, North Korea and any others I've forgot to mention.

RD benefits from not being Annabel Goldie & looking that she actually recognises it;s the 21st century, she was the main winner of the not so secret agreement with ScotLab in 2017 to go easy with each other after the 2015 GE massacre during which Ruth was also in charge. She may (sic) very well get another chance to prove her "electoral gold touch" on the 23rd - I look forward to seeing her squeeze into a tank again. :death 

Richard Leonard - Scottish Branch.

Willie Rennie: Like RD seems to have one policy - SNP bad.

Patrick Harvie - Seems decent enough but like the party in general probably has to decide if he wants to go for the aggressive street policies of the last month or so or play to the quinoa audience. 

Edited by Bud the Baker

4 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

I'm reasonably satisfied with NS, a little bit disappointed with the "1% less austere with the Tories" economic policy but let's wait until we get independence when I hope we will form a new power block with the remaining Communist countries China, Cuba, North Korea and any others I've forgot to mention.

RD benefits from not being Annabel Goldie & looking that she actually recognises it;s the 21st century, she was the main winner of the not so secret agreement with ScotLab in 2017 to go easy with each other after the 2015 GE massacre during which Ruth was also in charge. She may (sic) very well get another chance to prove her "electoral gold touch" on the 23rd - I look forward to seeing her squeeze into a tank again. :death 

Patrick Harvie - Seems decent enough but like the party in general probably has to decide if he wants to go for the aggressive street policies of the last month or so or play to the quinoa audience. 

40 minutes ago, saintnextlifetime said:

Agree the political map for Westminster will change at least I hope so. Ministers in the most part are full of learned lines and sound bites following the party line. Zzzzz ! 

Guest TPAFKATS
I liked annabel goldie. Didn't like her politics although she had an interesting non tory approach to drug treatment.

• 5 weeks later...

Also for all the love in, she's not actually in westminster and has been shown to have no control over Scottish Tory MPs. She is basically irrelevent to the leadership contest. Although I'm sure bawjaws won'tforget being snubbed when he is her new boss.

She could at best end up being the new Teddy Taylor. A wee curio for the party to show how in step with Scotland they really are.

Guest TPAFKATS
Unfortunately she has, once. [emoji852]

Will also be her last north of the border. [emoji16]
Aye, left Glasgow and went to an Edinburgh constituency if I recall.