Jack Ross

No surprise that JR has been nominated. However, he has some tough opposition and if Celtic win another treble, there can be only one winner.

While it would be nice to see JR's achievement recognised with a national award, I'm sure he's well aware of what the last 15 months have meant to our club and its supporters. National award or not, he has made himself a legend with us!  

I think there is a shout for a number of managers.  Obviously the Legend that is JR should win it but it will probably go to the wee Irish man from the East End, but here are another couple in the frame all be it it pains me to say but the other wee Irish man for the east coast has done well but the 1 who potentially rivals JR's achievement has to be the Big Ginger haired, toothless Greenock so and so who manages Livi, especially if he wins promotion..........I don't think they will but still a fair achievement I'm sure you'll agree.

It easy being so philisophical when you're champions.

Here's hoping that Hibs dont't finish 2nd, Livi don't win promotion & Motherwell pump Celtic

JR's B&WA

5 hours ago, pondsman said:

No surprise that JR has been nominated. However, he has some tough opposition and if Celtic win another treble, there can be only one winner.

While it would be nice to see JR's achievement recognised with a national award, I'm sure he's well aware of what the last 15 months have meant to our club and its supporters. National award or not, he has made himself a legend with us!  

Seriously? If Celtic win another treble there can only be one winner?

13 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Probably.

Explain why JR has achieved more? 

You often quote the bookies odds, and seem to hold some store by them.

Of the two, who has defied their odds more often in the last  18 months?

Edited by Drew

3 minutes ago, Drew said:

You often quote the bookies odds, and seem to hold some storetby them.

Rodgers. He’s taken on, and conquered, the might of, erm, eh, Aberdeen?

4 minutes ago, Drew said:

You often quote the bookies odds, and seem to hold some store by them.

Nice answer...........................I do tend to look at facts rather than some emotional aspect.

Defied the odds, is that the criteria for this award or is it what has been achieved? 

7 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Nice answer...........................I do tend to look at facts rather than some emotional aspect.

Defied the odds, is that the criteria for this award or is it what has been achieved? 

So what is the criteria? You tell me.

A club with the biggest budget by a huge margin winning stuff, as opposed to a club teetering at the abyss somehow managing to defy all expectations?

I know you are a Celtic supporter at heart, Bob, but this is cheap.

1 minute ago, Drew said:

So what is the criteria? You tell me.

A club with the biggest budget by a huge margin winning stuff, as opposed to a club teetering at the abyss somehow managing to defy all expectations?

I know you are a Celtic supporter at heart, Bob, but this is cheap.

Cheap? :lol:

Next you'll be dragging up that I don't go to any games. :wink:

Ok, a club that wins the top league, and, probably the other 2 cups.

Money doesn't always equal success, although it's a massive advantage.

A team that wins the diddy league, defy all expectations :blink:........................we were 2nd or 3rd favourites. :byebye

Just now, faraway saint said:

Cheap? :lol:

Next you'll be dragging up that I don't go to any games. :wink:

Ok, a club that wins the top league, and, probably the other 2 cups.

Money doesn't always equal success, although it's a massive advantage.

A team that wins the diddy league, defy all expectations :blink:........................we were 2nd or 3rd favourites. :byebye

So, you reckon we've just won the 'diddy league'? Really?

Any league below the Premiership in Scotland is 'diddy'? That's an embarrassing attitude, Robert. Only an 'Old Firm' fan (and a particularly snide one at that) would use that terminology.

Delete your account:lol:

30 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

See how amusing that is next season.  :byebye

Oh, is that Aberdeen that humped us 4-1? 

Dear oh dear, stay away from the sherry:lol:

Really?

Think about it.

Aberdeen are streets above us and were in direct competition with the green bigots.

We on the other hand have overachieved.

The green bigots were expected to win their league with ease.

We were not.

Edited by FTOF

Just now, Drew said:

So, you reckon we've just won the 'diddy league'? Really?

Any league below the Premiership in Scotland is 'diddy'? That's an embarrassing attitude, Robert. Only an 'Old Firm' fan (and a particularly snide one at that) would use that terminology.

Delete your account:lol:

How would you see the championship? 

The standard is poor and, yes, we can only beat what is in front of us.

Aye diddy league, in a diddy country, football wise.

After all, look at Scottish teams in Europe in the last umpteen years.

Look at the bigger picture and step away from the cheap wine. 

Nice to see I'm now an OF fan, I seem to move between the two. :lol:

Just because I don't have a bollox hatred for the OF doesn't mean I'm a fan.

Dearie me, it's all going wrong. 

Celtic are heading for seven, eight, nine, a hundred in a row. They’ve won many of these titles with a fanny like Ronny Deila in charge. Rangers 2012 are in disarray, Aberdeen could be given fifty goes at beating the ‘OF’ and couldn’t manage one victory. Hibs and Hearts are merely half-decent sides, the rest are diddy fodder for Celtic to trample over. Celtic could appoint Murty as manager, maybe Zippy fae’ Rainbow, or Orville the Duck - and would still be champions, probably still treble winners. Rodgers for manager of the year my arse. Treble or no treble.

Pep Guardiola has at least had to beat Chelsea, Man United, Liverpool, Arsenal and Spurs. 

Celtic, and their manager, just need to turn up and not fall over to win stuff these days.

2 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Really?

Think about it.

Aberdeen have seriously underachieved.

We on the other hand have overachieved.

The green bigots were expected to win their league with ease.

Aberdeen have seriously underachieved? :lol:

I seriously doubt that, what were Aberdeen expected to achieve? 

They are 2nd, probably the best most would have hoped for at the start of the season.

We have, slightly, overachieved as I've already stated, we were seen as 2nd or 3rd favourites.

I'm very aware of what we have achieved this season, not just won but won it easily.

Montrose have "overachieved" big time, wonder if their manager should be winning this meaningless award?  :wink:

Unfortunately the fawning media, and some sycophantic supporters of other teams, it would seem, will ensure that the manager of the green bigots, with several million pounds more than their competitors at their disposal will buy their way to success.

7 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Aberdeen have seriously underachieved? :lol:

I seriously doubt that, what were Aberdeen expected to achieve? 

They should be out of sight of a blue bigot side with a clown of manager, but by their manager's own admission have signed players who haven't been up to the task.

To most people the green bigots have done what has been expected of them.

Edited by FTOF