Jack Ross

1 minute ago, FTOF said:

Unfortunately the fawning media, and some sycophantic supporters of other teams, it would seem, will ensure that the manager of the green bigots, with several million pounds more than their competitors at their disposal will buy their way to success.

Everyone is entitled to choose, irrespective of their "sycophantic" views. :blink:

Couldn't most of the views on here be seen as slightly slanted?

I've already stated, yawn, the financial advantage is massive, but it doesn't always mean you win.

Look at many of the leagues and you'll see teams who underachieve despite a financial advantage. 

28 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

How would you see the championship? 

The standard is poor and, yes, we can only beat what is in front of us.

Aye diddy league, in a diddy country, football wise.

After all, look at Scottish teams in Europe in the last umpteen years.

Look at the bigger picture and step away from the cheap wine.

Nice to see I'm now an OF fan, I seem to move between the two. :lol:

Just because I don't have a bollox hatred for the OF doesn't mean I'm a fan.

Dearie me, it's all going wrong. 

You'll not get cheap wine from Tuesday:D

6 hours ago, MWISAINT71 said:

I think there is a shout for a number of managers.  Obviously the Legend that is JR should win it but it will probably go to the wee Irish man from the East End, but here are another couple in the frame all be it it pains me to say but the other wee Irish man for the east coast has done well but the 1 who potentially rivals JR's achievement has to be the Big Ginger haired, toothless Greenock so and so who manages Livi, especially if he wins promotion..........I don't think they will but still a fair achievement I'm sure you'll agree.

It easy being so philisophical when you're champions.

Here's hoping that Hibs dont't finish 2nd, Livi don't win promotion & Motherwell pump Celtic

JR's B&WA

PFA Scotland Manager of the Year: Brendan Rodgers, Steve Clarke, Neil Lennon and Jack Ross nominated

Thank you Largs buddies for getting this back to about Jack ross. What he has achieved in a year as a manager is worthy of manager of the year. This accolade is about all Scottish teams.

Was st mirren the first team to win  league- YES 

Has our manager been linked with numerous managerial vacancies- YES 

Has he taken a team in disarray at the bottom of the championship to the top of the league in 12 months- YES 

Does  he  deserve it - YES 

Are we lucky to have him as our manager- YES 

Have I thought about putting £5 on st mirren doing a Leicester City next year- YES 

Top 6 finish for us definitely next year - YES 

Lets sell out st mirren Park every week sell at least 5000 season tickets have a march to the stadium on opening game of the season 

In Jack Ross we trust - YES 

8 hours ago, faraway saint said:

How would you see the championship? 

The standard is poor and, yes, we can only beat what is in front of us.

Aye diddy league, in a diddy country, football wise.

After all, look at Scottish teams in Europe in the last umpteen years.

Look at the bigger picture and step away from the cheap wine. 

Nice to see I'm now an OF fan, I seem to move between the two. :lol:

Just because I don't have a bollox hatred for the OF doesn't mean I'm a fan.

Dearie me, it's all going wrong. 

1. Fact...The Championship is the second tier of professional football in Scotland.

2. Despite winning the league by a substantial margin teams have been competitive. The fight for the promotion play off places has gone close to the wire with 5 clubs in contention until the final two games.

3. Diddy country football wise or punched above our weight in the past? I think the former.

4. The OF is our cash cow. They attract TV money and the rest of us are able to get our hands on it. Not as much as they would like in total and not as much as we would like in share.

For a country our size our record in winning European Trophies at club level is ,I think good. This started to change with TV, Bosman and freedom of movement . No surprise there. 

Keep enjoying using the big spoon to stir things up Bob but do try to look at the bigger picture using a helicopter view and not one formed by watching a flat screen TV.

Simple question. ......how many Championship Games did you attend this season? 

Simple question 2....how many English or other Games have you watched on TV?

Live football for me every  time.

Edited by St.Ricky

6 hours ago, LargsBud said:

If results go our way tomorrow we could end up having won the league by 15 points. Thats an incredible achievement by any standards in this division. 

I know I am biased but I really can't see how any manager comes close to what Jack has achieved this season.  

And if things don't go St Mirrens way you could be going up having suffered 8 league defeats - one of the worst records for the winners of this league since the days of 44 fixtures in a season. Also heavily beaten by Partick Thistle and Aberdeen in the cups.

9 hours ago, pod said:

PFA Scotland Manager of the Year: Brendan Rodgers, Steve Clarke, Neil Lennon and Jack Ross nominated

Indeed, all 4 managers have a case for this award.

Clarke has done an amazing job at Killie, even turned Boyd back into the machine he was.

Lennon, first season back in the top league, 4th, some achievement.

What will be will be. 

It is all about resources.

Boring Boring Brendan has more than all other 41 Clubs combined, so no chance he should win it.

The other 3 Managers could probably win the Treble with Celtic.

I am guessing Rodgers couldn't have won the Championship with St Mirren this Season as he aint that fecking good.

JACK ROSS IS THE CLEAR WINNER.

dinnae forfuxsake mention the challenge cup. i did once and nearly got lynched.

5 minutes ago, shull said:

It is all about resources.

Boring Boring Brendan has more than all other 41 Clubs combined, so no chance he should win it.

The other 3 Managers could probably win the Treble with Celtic.

I am guessing Rodgers couldn't have won the Championship with St Mirren this Season as he aint that fecking good.

JACK ROSS IS THE CLEAR WINNER.

dinnae forfuxsake mention the challenge cup. i did once and nearly got lynched.

Is it? :blink:

Who had the most resources in the Championship this season?

It's a major factor but not as easy as that, unless you're simple. :rolleyes:

Average weekly wage of a Celtic player is £14,135. Average weekly wage of an Aberdeen player is £2, 623 - five times lower. Hibs average weekly wage is £1,675. Any Celtic manager should be winning the treble with that level of superiority.

I do not know JR's budget but it would be lower than Dundee Utd and probably Dunfermline and Falkirk who both have higher average gates than us. So taking a team from escaping relegation on the last day of last season to winning the League this season is undoubtedly a greater achievement that Celtic winning a treble yet again.

Edited by Sonny

I don’t know if they are obliged to include players and managers from the lower leagues, but isn’t it a great compliment to our club’s season to see Jack, Lewis and Cammy getting recognition nationally and from their peers. 

Irrespective of the outcomes, we are all proud of what they achieved for us.