Jack Ross

We are simply talking about manager of the year, playing budgets are irrelevant, its what any given manager has achieved and so far this season Clarke and Lennon's achievements outweigh that of our manager imo. Both have taken unfancied teams to within touching distance of finishing second to the beast from the east, and in doing so they arent finishing 20 odd points behind either.
I certainly didnt suggest we measure who among Lennon, Ross or Clarke is manager of the year next term based solely on where each finish in the league, its the relevant achievement i want to benchmark against. For us an example would be to target a finish without being in relegation trouble, or a stretch by edging into the top six.
aiming lower to just survive never works. We've been there, done that!
Jack Ross was on SPFL Matters on Friday Night and said he wasn't going up to just survive next season he doesn't see the point in not making targets as he said worst that can happen is you don't get your target but that shouldn't stop you making them.

He came across as you would expect very well spoken and so comfortable in that environment definitely a top manager in the making he also said the players were told 1st was the target this season from pre season.

9 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

We are simply talking about manager of the year, playing budgets are irrelevant, its what any given manager has achieved and so far this season Clarke and Lennon's achievements outweigh that of our manager imo. Both have taken unfancied teams to within touching distance of finishing second to the beast from the east, and in doing so they arent finishing 20 odd points behind either.

Only considered response to this is NA na na na na

Congratulations to Jack, great to see our gaffer getting deserved recognition for turning us around in such spectacular fashion.
Only wee niggle is it increases his profile even more for a potential move away. Already had an Aberdeen supporting mate saying he hopes McInnes leaves and they get Jack, in response to last night. Hopefully we get at least another season out of Jack. Excited to see how he leads us in the top flight.

31 minutes ago, FTOF said:

A magnificent achievement. Sadly some of our own fans just can't bring themselves to accept that. emoji53.png

You're not sad.

You're absolutely wetting yirself to have a go at fellow Saints fans.

It's your life on here .

Mocker

9 hours ago, nedflanders123 said:

Exactly what has Steve Clarke won? Admittedly he has done a great job improving Kilmarnock but they haven't achieved anything other than top 6. 

I see Scottish football in terms of tiers

1. Celtic & Rangers (just about)
  2. Aberdeen, Hearts & Hibs 
  3. The rest of the F/T teams down to about Raith Rovers (includes us)

I wasn't impressed when Killie gave Clarke the job (wrong again) but with the top two Tiers all performing to expectations  he’s taken Killie from second bottom to best of the rest.

The Motherwell manager maybe deserved a nod for two Cup finals.

I reckon JR was given the award for results over a season and a bit (tick-tock :rolleyes:) but in a way I feel slightly insulted as I don't reckon its such a big achievement, we’ve done it three times in the last two decades and TH & double winning  GM didn't get nominated IIRC. I reckon its a bit of an insult to the Murn as the  voters obviously see us as a diddy club.

Anyway  Ill finish where I should probably have started - Congratulations to Jack Ross (&  Jamie Fowler)!  

Edited by Bud the Baker