Jack Ross

Surprised, yes.  
Over the fecking moon, absolutely.
An astounding achievement and I hope we hold onto him for another season at least.
This could be an exciting season coming up. 
I have said for months he will most likely start the season with us but as managers start to lose jobs in September, October, November i think somebody somewhere will make Jack Ross a job offer that he might not be able to refuse.

If I was Gordon Scott would be keeping one eye on who we could maybe get to succeed him as we don't want the next manager ruining all Jack's good work.

30 minutes ago, FTOF said:
38 minutes ago, shull said:
You're not sad.
You're absolutely wetting yirself to have a go at fellow Saints fans.
It's your life on here .
Mocker

Is this what it's like owning a dog?

Aw, you're so superior .

I'm no worthy :lol:

21 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

I have said for months he will most likely start the season with us but as managers start to lose jobs in September, October, November i think somebody somewhere will make Jack Ross a job offer that he might not be able to refuse.

If I was Gordon Scott would be keeping one eye on who we could maybe get to succeed him as we don't want the next manager ruining all Jack's good work.

Agreed a strong start to the season from Saints and he'll most likely get an offer he can't refuse come the first sackings. 

My hope is that when the time comes Jamie Fowler will prefer another go as top dog than to follow JR - with Craig Samson his No.2!

Edited by Bud the Baker

Didn't see this coming, but many congratulations to Jack. Very well-deserved. Saints fans are all aware of what a massive job he took on when he came to our club and  how he has gone about moving the club to the position it now finds itself in, but it's nice to see that achievement recognised by the wider football community.

I have complete confidence that he and James Fowler will bring new players to the club who will improve the team for next season.

I agree with others that the really dangerous time for us will be early in the new season, when other clubs are sacking managers and looking round for someone to replace them. If Jack has a good start to the season, he will definitely be a frontrunner for those kind of jobs. Just hope that he gets the time to make an impression in the Premiership with us.

8 hours ago, billyg said:

StuD ,LPM , Lex  ! JR gave you guys a hell of a beating ! :D

Did oor man no win..?  Lol

and as sure as night follows day, having recently dropped down a tier, changing ownership, shedding all their debt, punting their manager and on the lookout for a good, young British manager and management team capable of gaining promotion. The team supported by all the other side of my family will surely have a certain manager who has already expressed an interest in taking on a half decent club down south on their shortlist.

Black & White to Black Cat.... he wouldnt be the first St Mirren manager to take that trip!

you heard it here first???

20 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

and as sure as night follows day, having recently dropped down a tier, changing ownership, shedding all their debt, punting their manager and on the lookout for a good, young British manager and management team capable of gaining promotion. The team supported by all the other side of my family will surely have a certain manager who has already expressed an interest in taking on a half decent club down south on their shortlist.

Black & White to Black Cat.... he wouldnt be the first St Mirren manager to take that trip!

Enjoy the moment they don't come round too often . 

18 minutes ago, FTOF said:
27 minutes ago, shull said:
You're not sad.
You're absolutely wetting yirself to have a go at fellow Saints fans.
It's your life on here .
Mocker

Is this what it's like owning a dog?

A shit dog with halitosis and dribble incontinence?

Probably<_<

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

If you are implying that our Jack is perhaps moving to Sunderland then I am sure a word with Chris Coleman about an absolute car crash of a club almost £200m in debt will help him decide.

55 minutes ago, nedflanders123 said:

If you are implying that our Jack is perhaps moving to Sunderland then I am sure a word with Chris Coleman about an absolute car crash of a club almost £200m in debt will help him decide.

You're right they are in a bit of a state but someone will do it for the challenge, erm, the shitload of cash that will be offered. 

Sunderland are a massive club and in a perverse sorta way it might be the right time to take over.

Dare I say JR has recent history of picking a club up off the floor! :whistle

Edited by Bud the Baker

52 minutes ago, nedflanders123 said:

No debt since the ex owner cleared it before leaving the club I believe. Still a car crash of a club whos problems must go right through the club. Anyway enough about SD fav English club, well done to Ross :thumbs2

3 hours ago, nedflanders123 said:

Come on Ned! At least do your homework, the outgoing owner at Sunderland has paid off all their debt. They are a massive club that are being completely overhauled to be fit for purpose to win promotion from League one at the first attempt. I dare say Gerrard might have a think on that too? Good club fir him to cut his teeth with unlike the car crash in Govan.

edit: dare say McInnes might be interested now the debt and ownership is resolved. Chance for a manager to really build their profile with a fresh start.

Edited by Lord Pityme

A nice thing for Jack to receive, and as always, he spoke well about the company he was in with for the award. A case could be made for all the candidates, unlike the young player of the year.... Alfredo Morelos. Oh my aching sides.

Ross, Clarke, Lennon, Rodgers - all doing great jobs. Really pleased for Jack.

Guest TPAFKATS

Wonderful stuff. What an accolade for Jack Ross!
Couldn't quite believe it when it came through on my twitter feed last night.
Shame there's the usual wet blankets on here who have almost the same level of bitterness at Jack winning as some of the timmies on twitter.

2 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Ok here is how it will play out

Rodgers go to Everton

Lennon goes to Celtic

Jack goes to Hibs

Saints  go for McInally /Dodds 

Nah. Rodgers will stay at Sellik for a few years, gets to 10 in a row and has a few goes at advancing in Europe. Eventually leaves as he’s taken them as far as he can go. Gets a gig at somewhere like Newcastle, who part ways with Rafa after he walks out due to a lack of a transfer warchest from Cockney Mike.

Lennon remains at Hibs - unless someone like Sunderland get back to the Championship and go for Lennon to get them to the EPL. Either that or Leicester City go for him as an ex-player, having went through three managers in four seasons.

Jack Ross, having done well with us in the top flight, gets a gig at a club such as Nottingham Forest, Norwich, Leeds or Derby.

Saints go for Tommy Craig.

Bookmark this. It will happen.

Absolutely delighted for Jack. A deserved reward for a season where we eased to the title in a tough league. I dread to think where we would be now had we employed someone else.

Loving the meltdown from the bigot fans. It's even better because they would have accepted Lennon winning it, but because it's neither him or Brendan they are bitter as f**k :lol:

Agreed a strong start to the season from Saints and he'll most likely get an offer he can't refuse come the first sackings. 

My hope is that when the time comes Jamie Fowler will prefer another go as top dog than to follow JR - with Craig Samson his No.2!

Think Jack recently said the reason him and James work well together is that James has been a manager and has no intentions of doing it again.

I've a feeling James will be Jack's trusty number 2 for a while.